FFR's 380whp goal Thread

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

I hope you know more after your build. It looks like I might get to take part in the stuff done to my car next summer. Not only will it save me money but I will learn a lot too.

ffrpwner
Car: 1994 300zx n/a (sold)
1992 300zx tt

oh i was talking about joe....saying that most the people here were older then him richer then him and smarter then him...since he insisted in generalizing the whole forum as being a kid...

vikesfankevin1986

That's what I thought you said...

joe645733
Car: 1992 300zxTT

ffrpwner wrote:oh i was talking about joe....saying that most the people here were older then him richer then him and smarter then him...since he insisted in generalizing the whole forum as being a kid...
i wasn't insulting anyone...? geez if everyone here took offense to that, some people here are just wound up too tight. and you say everyone's smarter when you can't even use correct grammar?
lol nice.

joe645733

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:
joe645733 wrote: i've owned a Z car for 6 years.
i love the cars, but i don't carry a Z bible around with me like some of you people do. i've had a 350z for about 4 years then upgraded to a 1992 clean 300zxtt. i love these cars but i'm 23 years old and have bigger priorities in life than putting my entire paycheck into my car like most kids on this forum. say what you want but i'd rather make the step on getting my own place than putting money into this car.
I'm 24 and married with a baby on the way. I get paid by the government to go to school and my wife is a nurse. We are actually in the process right now of looking for and buying a house. After 2 deployment I was able to buy my Z and since I have had it I have not put much money into it at all. The new clutch was the most expensive thing. I spent my $7,500 signing bonus on the wedding and living while the wife finished school and I am going to spend my next $7,500 signing bonus, that I will be getting next summer, on my car. Nice job generalizing though...Good for you though...I'm sure your parents will be thrilled to finally have you out of the house.
okay so i tell you i have bigger priorities in life like moving out and you try to one-up me by saying you're married and have kids? why the hell would i want kids right now.

joe645733

ffrpwner wrote:haha at that last part....joe dont get all mad at these responses you basically generalized this entire forum and insulted every single member.....when in fact most the people hear are older, richer, and smarter then you. If you like tt net congrats i like it to id be on there all the time if i wasnt so annoyed at the layout of the forum itself ha
after seeing people with threads, selling 240sx's for $1,500 and everyone jumping on them, i couldn't say this forum is full of rich people. older than me, probably and in my eyes that's some-what sad after seeing so much crap-talking on forums. smarter, that's something you can think and i wouldn't care, i'm behind a computer, you wouldn't know me.
i don't take offense too easily on a forum like some people. i say one little thing and nobody here can handle it i guess.

and i hate TT.net. i just go on the classifieds section to scope around for parts. overall, i don't go on forums much.

joe645733

ffrpwner wrote:Joe im sorry but your coming off as a bit stuck up...im younger then you so you can call me a kid but your 23 so your one of the younger ones on this forum....Oh and i wouldnt call this forum dead...also if i wanted to dump every paycheck into this car then damn my z would be fast but instead im saving up for a house and incase (oh god) my girl ever turns out to be pregnant id like to be prepared for that.

So like DCaff said what are you trying to prove?

and again intercoolers are some what more simple....i have a friend with a 400hp rb25 240 he runs a no name 40 dollar fmic with custom piping no problems so its great godspeed made there intercoolers but would i trust a fuel delievery system from them no way not yet lol.
i wasn't trying to prove anything. alls this was about is don't listen to what everyone tells you. and just because you buy something from a cheaper company, doesn't mean it's going to perform bad. i mean, i have mainly stillen parts on my car but i did buy an AMS short shifter. it works great.

vikesfankevin1986

joe645733 wrote:
ffrpwner wrote:oh i was talking about joe....saying that most the people here were older then him richer then him and smarter then him...since he insisted in generalizing the whole forum as being a kid...
i wasn't insulting anyone...? geez if everyone here took offense to that, some people here are just wound up too tight. and you say everyone's smarter when you can't even use correct grammar?
lol nice.
If you are going to bash grammar maybe you should first use capitalization at the beginning of your sentences.

vikesfankevin1986

joe645733 wrote: okay so i tell you i have bigger priorities in life like moving out and you try to one-up me by saying you're married and have kids? why the hell would i want kids right now.
I don't know why you would want kids right now but you were talking like you are the only one that is working towards goals in life and that everyone here is just some kid spending their pay check on their car. I was simply showing you that some people here are older than you, have done more in their life than you, and also have goals.

vikesfankevin1986

joe645733 wrote: i wasn't trying to prove anything. alls this was about is don't listen to what everyone tells you. and just because you buy something from a cheaper company, doesn't mean it's going to perform bad. i mean, i have mainly stillen parts on my car but i did buy an AMS short shifter. it works great.
It may not perform poorly but it probably won't perform as well as a product that was made with some quality in mind. And if it does perform as well it probably won't last as long and is more likely to break...that's why its cheaper. I bought my wife a knock-off purse and it worked just fine. It did everything a purse was supposed to do...except it fell apart after 6 months as opposed to years later like her other purses.

vulcanrush
Car: 93 300zx n/a to tt

Joe, nothing personal?

and for the record, i think you have a great car at 380rwhp+...and if you read my posts, i never thought i was smarter than you, nor richer.

but i am a little older.

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:
joe645733 wrote: i wasn't trying to prove anything. alls this was about is don't listen to what everyone tells you. and just because you buy something from a cheaper company, doesn't mean it's going to perform bad. i mean, i have mainly stillen parts on my car but i did buy an AMS short shifter. it works great.
It may not perform poorly but it probably won't perform as well as a product that was made with some quality in mind. And if it does perform as well it probably won't last as long and is more likely to break...that's why its cheaper. I bought my wife a knock-off purse and it worked just fine. It did everything a purse was supposed to do...except it fell apart after 6 months as opposed to years later like her other purses.
That and he overpaid. There are members who modify stock shifters for $75, and they work flawlessly. Had mine for more than 7 years now

joe645733

vulcanrush wrote:Joe, nothing personal?

and for the record, i think you have a great car at 380rwhp+...and if you read my posts, i never thought i was smarter than you, nor richer.

but i am a little older.
i appreciate it, but i wasn't really aiming anything towards you.
everything i was saying was in general. i wasn't pointing anyone out. i was just talking about the product, AMS. no i'm not a huge fan of them but i do have one product from them and i have no issues with it. it was just sounding like someone hearing the company AMS, then jumping into saying everything from them is bad.
so i was telling the OP, who had quite the list of AMS products to maybe give an item or two a go. you never know, things may just work out.
nothing for the others to cry about, s***.
you asked about showing you a high HP Z car with godspeed intercoolers. here's one and i'll find you the other where he compares them with stillen.

http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?f ... tSearch=26

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/f ... sting.html

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/f ... -data.html

joe645733

BigTDogg (MA) wrote: It may not perform poorly but it probably won't perform as well as a product that was made with some quality in mind. And if it does perform as well it probably won't last as long and is more likely to break...that's why its cheaper. I bought my wife a knock-off purse and it worked just fine. It did everything a purse was supposed to do...except it fell apart after 6 months as opposed to years later like her other purses.
That and he overpaid. There are members who modify stock shifters for $75, and they work flawlessly. Had mine for more than 7 years now[/quote]

I overpaid?
i paid like, $80 including shipping for my AMS short shifter. i wanted something literally shorter in length too, so my fortune auto shift knob would look half decent with. and plus, it's chrome so it adds a nice look to the interior of my car.

joe645733

not to mention, godspeed actually came out with a 4-bolt twin turbo package capable for 600hp for $1,200. now that i don't think i'd trust, but there is a Z that had them installed by specialtyZ and made well over 400whp.
i kept in contact with the girl who put them on and she says she drives her Z every day for miles and also drifts with it. she's never had a problem with them. but i'd wait a little longer before trusting knock-off turbos. they also come with a year or two warranty.

again, this is all about a possibility being satisfied while saving money.

BigTDogg (MA)

joe645733 wrote:again, this is all about a possibility being satisfied while saving money.
Apples and oranges, but I don't expect a non-enthusiast as your self to understand.

joe645733

you're wrong.
i understand everything about personal opinions and you're making it seem like you don't.
but no, i'm not an enthusiast so you're correct about that. i just love the Z car and that's all i've ever owned since i was 18 years old.

vulcanrush
Car: 93 300zx n/a to tt

joe645733 wrote:not to mention, godspeed actually came out with a 4-bolt twin turbo package capable for 600hp for $1,200. now that i don't think i'd trust, but there is a Z that had them installed by specialtyZ and made well over 400whp.
i kept in contact with the girl who put them on and she says she drives her Z every day for miles and also drifts with it. she's never had a problem with them. but i'd wait a little longer before trusting knock-off turbos. they also come with a year or two warranty.

Joe, if you're talking about melissa (apologies if i misspelled her name), it's not well over 400whp, in fact, it's not even 400whp, i think it's 341whp...i know, nitpicking, but that's a decent difference.

joe645733

vulcanrush wrote:
joe645733 wrote:not to mention, godspeed actually came out with a 4-bolt twin turbo package capable for 600hp for $1,200. now that i don't think i'd trust, but there is a Z that had them installed by specialtyZ and made well over 400whp.

Joe, if you're talking about melissa (apologies if i misspelled her name), it's not well over 400whp, in fact, it's not even 400whp, i think it's 341whp...i know, nitpicking, but that's a decent difference.
oh, on the blog i thought i saw over 400whp. well w.e, according to her they're still on. a good buy? who knows.

BigTDogg (MA)

joe645733 wrote:you're wrong.
i understand everything about personal opinions and you're making it seem like you don't.
but no, i'm not an enthusiast so you're correct about that. i just love the Z car and that's all i've ever owned since i was 18 years old.

Rarely am I wrong, as in if I don't know what I'm talking about, I tend to STFU. Might want to follow suit.

1) The Chinese turbo car didn't make over 400RWHP. Not saying that it couldn't, but it didn't
2) You don't see the short shifter unless you run some ghetto interior with no boot or some fake Ferrari shifter gate.
3) AMS products are garbage, it's been well documented. If you were an enthusiast then you would know this. I wouldn't be so quick to "give an item or two a go" based on your short shifter review.

I'm glad you love the Z car. It's good to have people who love the car.

legion

BigTDogg (MA) wrote: AMS products are garbage, it's been well documented. If you were an enthusiast then you would know this.
I wish I was an enthusiast. But I have AMS pulleys and manifolds, FML :eek:

es.biggs
Car: 1990 300ZX 5sp NA

lol no offense but guys this is kinda ridiculous?

Moral of the story: Lando wants 380rwhp and basically he needs to decide for himself whether or not he is going to trust AMS products to get him there.

THE END.

Who am I kidding...I'm gonna go back to practicing facial expressions in front of my mirror while you guys throw punches over the interwebssss. K bye!

Z-owned
Car: 93 N/A Z32
90 VW Corrado
01 mr2 spyder

Well this thread was a waste of my time....

joe645733

legion wrote:
BigTDogg (MA) wrote: AMS products are garbage, it's been well documented. If you were an enthusiast then you would know this.
I wish I was an enthusiast. But I have AMS pulleys and manifolds, FML :eek:
who cares? is your car driving?

joe645733

es.biggs wrote:lol no offense but guys this is kinda ridiculous?

Moral of the story: Lando wants 380rwhp and basically he needs to decide for himself whether or not he is going to trust AMS products to get him there.

THE END.

Who am I kidding...I'm gonna go back to practicing facial expressions in front of my mirror while you guys throw punches over the interwebssss. K bye!
that's exactly what the thread was about. but MrTdawg, king of the internet life keeps whining and pouting about it. it has become amusing how angry he gets about the AMS company. just keep mentioning it.

vikesfankevin1986

So I hear the stillen catback exhaust is pretty sweet...

joe645733

BigTDogg (MA) wrote:
joe645733 wrote:you're wrong.

Rarely am I wrong, as in if I don't know what I'm talking about, I tend to STFU. Might want to follow suit.

1) The Chinese turbo car didn't make over 400RWHP. Not saying that it couldn't, but it didn't
2) You don't see the short shifter unless you run some ghetto interior with no boot or some fake Ferrari shifter gate.
3) AMS products are garbage, it's been well documented. If you were an enthusiast then you would know this. I wouldn't be so quick to "give an item or two a go" based on your short shifter review.

I'm glad you love the Z car. It's good to have people who love the car.
1) the turbos i'm sure can make 400whp.
2) i do see the shaft of my shifter, i'm not into the baggy looking shift boots.
3) have you tested any of their products out? i'm guessing not. i can tell you just follow what other people say about things. i can care less if the short shifter gave me head while driving. it was $80 and like i said, i wanted the shifter to be shortened in height and look nice.
4) quit being a little b**** about the little things in life. i couldn't imagine you trying to handle something actually important. you must ball your eyes out. i had to say it because you just think you're the s***.
5) i don't need to write you a novel about my shifter. i told you i bought it and it shifts/looks nice. that's all you need to know. my AMS shifter opinion was towards the OP in this thread. go make some friends

joe645733

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:So I hear the stillen catback exhaust is pretty sweet...
exactly, stillen is a well-known company.
i own a full stillen exhaust that is stainless steel, paid well over $1,000 for it and i'm not happy with it. Mr.T thinks name is everything.

vikesfankevin1986

Joe, I was interested what you know about the Stillen exhaust. I know it was meant to be quiet but that's all I know. My car had it when I bought it. You mentioned it was restrictive. How restrictive do you think it is? I mean is it something worth replacing? I guess either way it's hard to justify taking off a 1,200 dollar catback for a few hp...
I do wish my car made a little more noise though...My friend has a 2010 Mustang GT with exhaust, straight pipe headers and cams and even though I beat his car without a problem, he gets all the attention.

es.biggs
Car: 1990 300ZX 5sp NA

Gees all the shots at my man Tony. Hope it doesn't turn him away...he's a big help to a lot of people on this board.

Anywho...Kevin, I know what you mean man. Our cars can sound good, but nothing is going to sound like a Ford V8. Thats the one thing Ford does right...make a motor that sounds really good with a loud exhaust lol

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”