Favorite Metallica Song?

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

Prince Charming, King Nothing

scotty-2-forty
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE KA24DET

AZhitman wrote:Bleh - Sandman is my LEAST favorite.

Gotta love "Of Wolf and Man" and "Whiskey in The Jar".
Ha! Whiskey In The Jar ... killer redo. Love it definitely, but I must admit I'm a sucker for Sandman ... it's just a great driving beat; video is killer with the oncoming truck and the bed. And while I love all of their non-radio populars, I gotta give it up for Sandman. I've been following them since Kill 'em All in highschool ... bah, I'm old.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

I like most Metallica at and prior to "And Justice For All" album.

I do like a bunch of tracks on Death Magnetic, but nothing in between the Death Magnetic album and Justice.

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Nothing Else Matters. It was my wife and I's wedding dance song (Apocalyptica cover).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTozgoj9OQ

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

Hit
The
Lights.

and Leper Messiah.

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Favorite Metallica song? The ones that Dave Mustaine and Cliff wrote. One they ran out of material from both of those, the band went severely down hill.

mattscar
Car: 1989 240sx, 1992 Miata

flohtingPoint wrote:Favorite Metallica song? The ones that Dave Mustaine and Cliff wrote. One they ran out of material from both of those, the band went severely down hill.

I dunno The Mechanix really sucks compared to the four horsemen. I really would'nt say they went downhill. Load was a really awesome album nothing gets more epic the the Outlaw Torn. Reload was alright but towards the end it just got really repetitive slither really pissed me off for some reason and not in a good way.

St. Anger. That is just junk. Bob Rock should get shot for experimenting with them like that. No good songs in that crap whatsoever.

Death Magnetic was also a little disappointing but thank god they're trying again. The lyrics in that album has no meaning. James just sounds terrible. But not as bad as Dave Mustaine in Endgame. Or live for that matter.

But anyway my top Metallica songs:

1)Frayed Ends of Sanity
2)To live is to Die
3)Orion
4)Metal Militia
5)Disposable Heroes
6)Trapped under Ice

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I'm gonna have to brush up on some of my older stuff and get current with Metallica becuase...I AM GOING TO SEE THEM LIVE IN SEPTEMBER!!!

They are finally coming back to Japan after a 4 year absence. It's the first indoor show they have done here in 7 years. Unfortunately, it won't be "in the round" seating, but normal arena seating, with general admission on the floor. Going with a group of about 7 people!! WOOT!

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

mattscar wrote:
flohtingPoint wrote:Favorite Metallica song? The ones that Dave Mustaine and Cliff wrote. One they ran out of material from both of those, the band went severely down hill.

I dunno The Mechanix really sucks compared to the four horsemen. I really would'nt say they went downhill. Load was a really awesome album nothing gets more epic the the Outlaw Torn. Reload was alright but towards the end it just got really repetitive slither really pissed me off for some reason and not in a good way.

St. Anger. That is just junk. Bob Rock should get shot for experimenting with them like that. No good songs in that crap whatsoever.

Death Magnetic was also a little disappointing but thank god they're trying again. The lyrics in that album has no meaning. James just sounds terrible. But not as bad as Dave Mustaine in Endgame. Or live for that matter.
Load was an awesome album and nothing is more epic than The Outlaw Torn? You definitely have a, erm... unique taste.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Yeah...death magnetic is a pretty good album.

Slicka

No Leaf Clover

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

flohtingPoint wrote:
Load was an awesome album and nothing is more epic than The Outlaw Torn? You definitely have a, erm... unique taste.
I actually quite like Outlaw Torn. There used to be a good video of them doing that live during the World Magnetic tour. Was pretty kick a**.

Death Magnetic seemed really good when it first came out...but after listening to it for a couple years now, it just doesn't seem to have that "edge" it did when it was released. Don't know why...

There are a couple songs on there, though, that I really get into when I listen to it. End Of The Line and My Apocalypse my two favorites at the moment.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

When I was in junior high I really liked Load... I liked the video for Fuel because of the cars in it. The 8th grade dances always featured "nothing else matters" so the rocker kids could slow dance.

I still say battery is the best and I stopped recognizing anything that came after the black album. My mom bought death magnetic and likes it, which means its lame. I got her Ride the Lightning for her birthday to make up for it.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

if everything they did sounded like Seek and Destroy, I'd still buy their albums.

ctrucks

I would say mine would be Hero of the Day and after that Whiskey in the Jar and then Nothing Else Matters

modpod78

My favorite is Fade to Black :biggrin: :biggrin:

No one but me can save myself, but it's too late
Now I can't think, think why should I even try

---> it's so good

nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

Welcome Home, Sanitarium......Orion, Battery

s13sickboi
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody XE

Probabaly Sad but true would be my fav.

I have the live album with who was it the San Francisco symphony? Whatever all the shiz that went down at that concert was bad@ss!

JoeCool6972
Car: 1980 Datsun 720 pickup

Meh, used to love Metallica, as my favorite band. Then they turned into whiny bishez. Which is why Jason Newsted hit the road. Although I will say the last album, death magnetic is good. Especially All Nightmare Long and My Apocalypse. And WTF was with Load and Reload And Reload 3 aka St Anger?

Here lately I have upped my second favorite to first... MEGADETH. Whereas Metallica has mellowed down, Megadeth has gotten more complex over the years.

As for Favorite Metallica Song: blackened. Favorite cover: Am I Evil originally by Diamond head.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

JoeCool6972 wrote:Meh, used to love Metallica, as my favorite band. Then they turned into whiny bishez. Which is why Jason Newsted hit the road. Although I will say the last album, death magnetic is good. Especially All Nightmare Long and My Apocalypse. And WTF was with Load and Reload And Reload 3 aka St Anger?

Here lately I have upped my second favorite to first... MEGADETH. Whereas Metallica has mellowed down, Megadeth has gotten more complex over the years.

As for Favorite Metallica Song: blackened. Favorite cover: Am I Evil originally by Diamond head.
This is almost EXACTLY how I feel about Metallica right now. Stop reading my mind.

Return to “The Music Room”