Fastback hatch latch

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
chuvard
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx se

Original owner, 1990 240sx. The hatch door has stopped engaging the latch. I took the covers off and fiddled with the vertical settings. When I operate the latch from inside the rear compartment, it generally functions, but when I try to engage it by closing the hatch door, it doesn’t work. I’ve lubricated it and worked it repeatedly to be sure it is loosened up. The key mechanism works when I am operating the latch manually. What’s the secret to the adjustment I am missing, or do I just need a new assembly? I have not yet completely removed the latch mechanism from the body, hoping there is an easier solution. Any suggestions appreciated. Note that the latch has worked without adjustment for thirty years.

ErektileReprile
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX

you may need a new cable, mine has done that since I bought mine in October of last year. My fuel door doesn't open at all with the cable and the hatch doesn't lock unless you push the release cable the opposite direction to physically reset the position of the latch. I've torn the whole mechanism apart and the only thing thats off is the cable

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

Posted in the WRONG section ! This has noyhing to do with the subject whigh is engines, or do you just type wiothout looking or thinking ?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”