Fan now sounds like a DC3

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
justbecause
Car: 11 Frontier, 09 Rogue.

i still cant remove the white plastic piece around the flap. I cleaned as much as I could through the flapper, but it still makes the helicopter noise.

Helium2
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

2010 SL AWD

Two days ago, after 24 hours in the garage, my vent fan started sounding like it was hitting a leaf or twig or something. (sorta like putting a playing card in the spokes of a bicycle, y'know.)
There's also an occasional noise that sounds like a piece of something is being blown around for a second or two.
After running the fan for several hours there seems to be no improvement.

Assuming a leaf or twig or something fell down into the fan, how do I clear it out?? :confused: :confused:
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
1. Check often, and clear leaves, twigs, or other debris that accumulate on the windshield cowl where the fresh air vents are located. That's how they get into the fan or SC.
2. Check and replace your cabin air filter according to the recommendations in your owner's manual.

Helium2
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Thanks zengshengliu
That was helpful.
The noise has gone away. :crazy:

Knob
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue S 2wd

I just got my 2015 rogue and when I turn the heat on med-high it sounds like a high pitched noise coming from the passenger side near center console under dash. Anyy suggestions? heat works....sound is annoying...need to have radio on to drown it out .

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Does it happen on all vent positions like head, feet, head-feet, windshield?

Knob
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue S 2wd

Fixed: it is the tape that holds the wires behind the foot wells....stuck hand back there and pressed it down----no more: it was like wind passing through a plastic bag

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Knob wrote:Fixed: it is the tape that holds the wires behind the foot wells....stuck hand back there and pressed it down----no more: it was like wind passing through a plastic bag
Two tools every repair person has:
Duct Tape. Fixes things that move that shouldn't.
WD40. Fixes things that don't move but should.

KGB_MSP
Car: 2010 Rogue

I know that this is several year later, but THANKS for the technique of going in behind the glovebox to get to the debris in the fan. I was able to spend about 45 minutes and saved at least the $200 minimum that I was quoted by local mechanics to remove the blower motor and clear it out.

One thing that I would point out is that if the fan is not visible from the cage, adjust the vent positions until it is. I was stumped for a few minutes by the foam covered door - didn't realize it was one of the vent doors until I rotated through the venting options and "open sesame!" I didn't even need to cut the cage, I was able to flick the stuck leaf out of the blade with a chopstick and I'm back in business. Three weeks of that ticking was driving me crazy.

Cldxc32
Car: Nissan Qashqai +2 LHD 1.6 petrol

Thanks very much for this I have a 2009 registration qashqai +2 with this noisy fan problem. The pictures were very helpful and there was paper and small pieces of black foam which I assume is part of the draught excluder type gasket. I was concerned about taking the panel at the side of the dashboard because that is where the passenger air bag switch is, thankfully this is incorporated as part of the panel and there is enough cable. You do have to use a plastic panel remover(or screwdriver to completely remove the glovebox from it aperture.
This has saved me trying to remove the pedals to get to the fan and possibly an expensive garage bill if I get it wrong. I even have 2 screws left over after I reassembled it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”