External Oil Cooler? Dyno Results inside

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
ken in az
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56
2002 Chevy Silverado
1989 Nissan 300ZX
2008 Ford F250 Diesel/Canam X3 Turbo

Yeah - did some testing last night...Temps have no problem coming up as the factory intended. after several rips on the onramps of the "closed course" I have near my house, oil temps stayed bery steady, I don't think I even hit 205deg F

Slow rolling it seemed to like to stay right at 196-198deg F which is pretty much what the coolant temps were. On the freeway the temps would drop to 185ish. All in all, I think it was a success. We shall see when summer time comes - haha

DFW2011M56S
Car: 2011 M56S

ken in az wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm
Yeah - did some testing last night...Temps have no problem coming up as the factory intended. after several rips on the onramps of the "closed course" I have near my house, oil temps stayed bery steady, I don't think I even hit 205deg F

Slow rolling it seemed to like to stay right at 196-198deg F which is pretty much what the coolant temps were. On the freeway the temps would drop to 185ish. All in all, I think it was a success. We shall see when summer time comes - haha
Seems good so far. They will creep up on a 105F day. Especially if you drive a bit aggressive like I do. I was always getting on it pretty hard passing slower drivers that believe its god given to cruise slow in the fast lane.

DFW2011M56S
Car: 2011 M56S

:gotme :cry: :bs:
ken in az wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:30 pm
Hey all - installed the oil cooler on Saturday. Only drove to the grocery store and back to check for leaks.

Just an FYI - the oil pumps on this care are pretty serious. They cause the lines and the cooler to vibrate which gives the car a low hum. I'm going to look at insulating the vibration from the car to limit the noise it creates. It's not loud, just kinda sounds like something from star wars lol. Hard to explain.

I'll be posting a video of the install on my Youtube channel here pretty soon. I'm going to Channel my best EdBwoy! haha.

The installation is straight forward, stock oil filter fits. Didn't take very long for the install. Temps are supposed to rise here in AZ starting the week - into the 100s so I'll have a good chance to see how it does.

I'll keep ya posted.
Yep reminded me of the pod racer startup scene in Episode one. Bwah, Bwah, Bwah, Bwah, Bwah. Most Nissans run fairly high oil pressure. The VQ series I have seen in the 100 psi range. VK a little less. Around 80-90. But they hit that high of a pressure around 2,000 rpm.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”