EX35 Cargo Mat...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

inteller wrote:picking nits? you may not need to know where the spare jack is, but you wouldn't believe how many other people need that infographic.
Agreed!
inteller wrote:as far as the grain...can't help ya there.
Raised "grain" like this is common:a) to guard against the movement of cargo (as compared to a completely smooth surface), andb) to prevent cargo from sitting in any liquid or spills. I realize the two pre-cut holes (which I agree should NOT exist) contradict that capability, but a couple of pieces of duct tape from the underside would take care of that.

Since I have the cargo organizer, I'm OK with it, as is.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

I guess a question I have is even if you have the organizer installed, the holes that the organizer fit into probably do not fit tightly enough that they would seal out liquids from getting through....no?

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

inteller wrote:I guess a question I have is even if you have the organizer installed, the holes that the organizer fit into probably do not fit tightly enough that they would seal out liquids from getting through....no?
Man, you're just too sharp - can't get much by you!!

Yes, I considered that, but had conceded to that risk as being acceptable, for the gains of having the organizer capability. We have my wife's Subaru for those occasions where liquids are a known factor ... it's worked for me so far (the last 20 yrs).

allthatjazz
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx EX35 Tech

Further info: My dealership indicated that they have in fact, spoken with Infiniti Canada about my concerns. However, the following quote will be very interesting for us Canucks ... "The mats installed in your EX35 are OEM accessories and the part you found in the US is not offered in Canada". Anyway, the dealership has promised to replace the mats with an original cargo mat "from the USA". Go figure, the cargo mats are manufactured by Nissan Canada, in Canada, and we can't buy them here!

On another posting, I saw exactly what was installed: its a Weather Tech cargo mat!!!

mcube3

allthatjazz wrote:Further info: My dealership indicated that they have in fact, spoken with Infiniti Canada about my concerns. However, the following quote will be very interesting for us Canucks ... "The mats installed in your EX35 are OEM accessories and the part you found in the US is not offered in Canada". Anyway, the dealership has promised to replace the mats with an original cargo mat "from the USA". Go figure, the cargo mats are manufactured by Nissan Canada, in Canada, and we can't buy them here!

On another posting, I saw exactly what was installed: its a Weather Tech cargo mat!!!
I wish I've seen this post earlier

I've bought one from Markham Infiniti a few months back so does this means they will swap my "Original" trunk mat with the one the US is getting?

allthatjazz

No, they will give you the major run around, and also claim that what they supplied you is an actual "OEM". Finally after 6mths I called to follow up and was told that they cannot source the "other" mat as it not sold anywhere in Canada.

Horrible dealership, does not help that the sales person is not straight forward from the get go and have you chasing them for information.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

allthatjazz wrote:after-market mat sold as OEM by Markham Infiniti

Edge of mat invariably infringes on rear lock mechanism

"Infiniti badge/sticker", must be a genuine Infiniti parts. SOL
That mat in the picture is most certainly NOT OEM! That mat is manufactured by Weathertech (www.weathertech.com). They simply remove the Weathertech logo, and replaced it with an Infiniti logo! Believe it or not, for my '09 Murano, I can get the factory mat for $74, the Weathertech mat is $110!

allthatjazz

Today I was told by the general manager that the "other" item I refer to as OEM is not sold anywhere in Canada and is a U.S.A. item.

Even after I told him the cargo mat is produced by WeatherTech .. he blames the internet for my confusion on product availability btwn USA/Canada; and states that the provided cargo mat provided is an "OEM" as provided by Infiniti Canada to all Cdn dealership.

Anyway, bottom line is, I have received a refund.
Modified by allthatjazz at 2:12 PM 10/15/2008

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”