Engine Size

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
hemiguy

Hello, I am brand new to this forum and have a huge question. I recently bought a sandrail with a nissan motor but the previous owner coud not tell me what size it is. Only thing he told me that it was a skyline motor. Didn't know what year the engine was. It is a turbo V6. I think the turbo is not original. it was added on after but not 100% sure. My question is does anyone know on how to tell the size of the engine. I found what I thought was the VIN for the engine but when I googled the number nothing came up. Are there any other type of markers or something that would give me a lead, clue or idea of what the motor is. Thanks in advance for all your help.

salcaz
Car: 1989, 1991, 1994 d21. 2005 titan

Upload a picture I should be able to tell just by looking at it.

confused9
Car: '91 HatBackwards 240sx
dead and gone '89 hatch

http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN/VIN-Decoder.html based off of this you might be able to decode the VIN and find where the engine came from. good luck!

hemiguy

salcaz wrote:Upload a picture I should be able to tell just by looking at it.
I dont know how to upload a picture. I am not sure if it me or what. I have a new macbook (my first mac computer) and I am not sure if it doesn't let me or if I am doing something wrong. Iwould love to upload a pic so you can see. It is driving me nuts not knowing. How am i ever going to buy parts or even change the oil.

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

Here is a tutorial on how to post a pic.
how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket-t521110.html

William Garner

You can have a look at the special configurations

Return to “Engine Tuning”