EMERGENCY SUPPLIES: What do you keep in your Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Qashqai

:picard: I knew an avatar change was coming! Like it though, better than giggity -at least I am not liking like a pervert Rogue owner :chuckle:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote:Trunk area, under the floor, inside the full-size spare tire
-Bottle of "personal" lubricant
Qashqai wrote:at least I am not looking like a pervert Rogue owner :chuckle:
nope... not at all. LMFAO/jk

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

Qashqai, do you still have available space in ur Rogue? :facepalm:

Qashqai

JMed wrote:Qashqai, do you still have available space in ur Rogue? :facepalm:
The two identical bags and the battery booster bag are in the trunk. The wind shield washer, fire extinguisher, shovel, carry-on size baggage and brush are seasonal and essential. During summer, All I have in the trunk are the three bags. But you are right. Now I have limited space in the trunk. If I but all the bags on top of each other and squeeze the brush and shovel behind them, I have more space, but they make noise and fell on the groceries (usually on eggs :cry: )

..and ImStricken, I explained the reason for that damn lubricant... :lolling: But I am serious, just try that on the weather stripping. It is amazing!!!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote:I explained the reason for that damn lubricant... :lolling: But I am serious, just try that on the weather stripping. It is amazing!!!
personal lubricant, shovels, stripping, idk sQash,... sounds like a crazy scary movie lololol
i can just see the headline now: "in a world, where a man goes rogue, and kills a stripper, and uses his shovel to bury her" :lolling: :lolling: :lolling: :lolling:

you know, if i was an officer and one day searched your car and found: a cosmetic bag, candy, sex-lube, shovels, A folded heavy duty tarp with handles, Underwear, = id have a couple questions for you LMFAO/HAHAHHAHA totally joking, i swear. but it sounds hysterical when you read just those few items lolololol

was this your previous car?

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

That is amazing. i'm rolling laughing over here lol.

:crazy: :bowrofl: :rotfl :rotflmao :laugh:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

hahahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha

CHECK YOU, OUT!

Qashqai

:lolling: I laughed so hard, my cubicle neighbours looked at me!

ImStricken you are crazy!

I never thought about being pulled over and being searched by an officer..

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

this thread gave me a lot of laughs. :) hope others enjoyed their Wednesday!! sQash is a great sport, and one creepy little dude! hahahh/jk

Qashqai

ImStricken wrote:this thread gave me a lot of laughs. :) hope others enjoyed their Wednesday!! sQash is a great sport, and one creepy little dude! hahahh/jk
Thank you ImStricken for your kind words. :cheers:

This forum and members like you add fun to my life...

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote:Thank you ImStricken for your kind words. :cheers:
This forum and members like you add fun to my life...
:grouphug:

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

I got the orange "tech bag" in the mail today... Wow this thing is small... But for $35 or so bucks, its not too bad all things considered.

Its a pretty decent startup kit. A pen light, glucose, crevats, cling, iodine, shears, tape, bandaids, wire splint, etc... Now I'm just waiting on the blue tech bag.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

followingnfront wrote:I got the orange "tech bag" in the mail today... Wow this thing is small... But for $35 or so bucks, its not too bad all things considered.

Its a pretty decent startup kit. A pen light, glucose, crevats, cling, iodine, shears, tape, bandaids, wire splint, etc... Now I'm just waiting on the blue tech bag.
remember when i said:
"listing stated: 10.5" W x 5" H x 8". i just grabbed a tape measure, and 10.5 inches wide is tiny in my option! it wont leave much room for visibility. im sure you will need to dump that bag just to get to the stuff on the bottom. i think you'll out-grow that bag in a month."
lolol

i think the blue one will be a great bag

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

PREPPERS, HERE IS A STORY THAT WE CAN LAUGH AT:
http://news.yahoo.com/yorkers-tell-hour ... 36121.html

FARMINGVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — Stranded for hours on a snow-covered road, Priscilla Arena prayed, took out a sheet of loose-leaf paper and wrote what she thought might be her last words to her husband and children.
She told her 9 1/2-year-old daughter, Sophia, she was "picture-perfect beautiful." And she advised her 5 ½-year-old son, John: "Remember all the things that mommy taught you. Never say you hate someone you love. Take pride in the things you do, especially your family. ... Don't get angry at the small things; it's a waste of precious time and energy. Realize that all people are different, but most people are good. "
"My love will never die — remember, always," she added.
Arena, who was rescued in an Army canvas truck after about 12 hours, was one of hundreds of drivers who spent a fearful, chilly night stuck on highways in a blizzard that plastered New York's Long Island with more than 30 inches of snow, its ferocity taking many by surprise despite warnings to stay off the roads.
Even plows were mired in the snow or blocked by stuck cars, so emergency workers had to resort to snowmobiles to try to reach motorists. Four-wheel-drive vehicles, tractor-trailers and a couple of ambulances could be seen stranded along the roadway and ramps of the Long Island Expressway. Stuck drivers peeked out from time to time, running their cars intermittently to warm up as they waited for help.
With many still stranded hours after the snow stopped, Gov. Andrew Cuomo urged other communities to send plows to help dig out in eastern Long Island, which took the state's hardest hit by far in the massive Northeast storm.
In Connecticut, where the storm dumped more than 3 feet of snow in some places, the National Guard rescued about 90 stranded motorists, taking a few to hospitals with hypothermia.
The scenes came almost exactly two years after a blizzard marooned at least 1,500 cars and buses on Chicago's iconic Lake Shore Drive, leaving hundreds of people shivering in their vehicles for as long as 12 hours and questioning why the city didn't close the crucial thoroughfare earlier.
Cuomo and other officials were similarly asked why they didn't act to shut down major highways in Long Island in advance of the storm, especially given the sprawling area's reputation for gridlock. The expressway is often called "the world's longest parking lot."
"The snow just swallowed them up. It came down so hard and so fast," explained Suffolk County Executive Steven Bellone.
"That's not an easy call," added Cuomo, who noted that people wanted to get home and that officials had warned them to take precautions because the worst of the snow could start by the evening rush hour. Flashing highway signs underscored the message ahead of time: "Heavy Snow Expected. Avoid PM Travel!"
"People need to act responsibly in these situations," Cuomo said.
But many workers didn't have the option of taking off early Friday, Arena noted. The 41-year-old sales account manager headed home from an optical supply business in Ronkonkoma around 4 p.m. She soon found her SUV stuck along a road in nearby Farmingville.
"Even though we would dig ourselves out and push forward, the snow kept piling, and therefore we all got stuck, all of us," she recalled later at Brookhaven Town Hall, where several dozen stranded motorists were taken after being rescued. Many others opted to stay with their cars.
Richard Ebbrecht left his Brooklyn chiropractic office around 3 p.m. for his home in Middle Island, about 60 miles away, calculating that he could make the drive home before the worst of the blizzard set in. He was wrong.
As the snow came rushing down faster than he'd foreseen, he got stuck six or seven times on the expressway and on other roads. Drivers began helping each other shovel and push, he said, but to no avail. He finally gave up and spent the night in his car on a local thoroughfare, only about two miles from his home.
"I could run my car and keep the heat on and listen to the radio a little bit," he said.
He walked home around at 8 a.m., leaving his car.
Late-shifters including Wayne Jingo had little choice but to risk it if they wanted to get home. By early afternoon, he'd been stuck in his pickup truck alongside the Long Island Expressway for nearly 12 hours.
He'd left his job around midnight as a postal worker at Kennedy Airport and headed home to Medford, about 50 miles east. He was at an exit in Ronkonkoma — almost home — around 1:45 a.m. when another driver came barreling at him westbound, the wrong way, he said. Jingo swerved to avoid the oncoming car, missed the exit and ended up stuck on the highway's grass shoulder.
He rocked the truck back and forth to try to free it, but it only sank down deeper into the snow and shredded one of his tires. He called 911. A police officer came by at 9:30 a.m. and said he would send a tow truck.
At 1 p.m. Saturday, Jingo was still waiting.
"I would have been fine if I didn't have to swerve," he said.
In Middle Island, a Wal-Mart remained unofficially open long past midnight to accommodate more than two dozen motorists who were stranded on nearby roads.
"We're here to mind the store, but we can't let people freeze out there," manager Jerry Greek told Newsday.
Officials weren't aware of any deaths among the stranded drivers, Cuomo said. Suffolk County police said no serious injuries had been reported among stuck motorists, but officers were still systematically checking stranded vehicles late Saturday afternoon.
Even cars that weren't stuck found the going on the expressway agonizingly slow — especially for a 21-year-old mother-to-be who was trying to get to a hospital to deliver her baby Saturday morning. Her own mom was driving her, as the infant's father was snowbound elsewhere.
Suffolk County Police Officer Kevin Wustenhoff went to help and decided to drive the woman 15 miles to the hospital in his police SUV, rather than waiting for an ambulance.
As a father of three, "I was able to just kind of walk her through it — breathing and just keeping her calm," he recalled later.
Delivery appeared imminent when they arrived, but the baby hadn't yet been born when Wustenhoff checked in late Saturday night.
While the expressway eventually opened Saturday, about 30 miles of the highway was to be closed again Sunday for snow removal.
Susan Cassara left her job at a Middle Island day care center around 6:30 p.m. Friday, after driving some of the children home because their parents couldn't get there to pick them up.
She got stuck on one road until about 2:30 a.m. Then a plow helped her get out — but she got stuck again, she said. Finally, an Army National Guardsman got to her on a snowmobile after 4 a.m.
"It was so cool. Strapped on, held on and came all the way here" to the makeshift shelter at the Brookhaven Town Hall, she said. "Something for my bucket list."
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS WOMAN NEEDS? A REAL MAN IN HER LIFE THAT WILL PREPARE HER & HER CAR WITH SEASONAL SURVIVAL ITEMS!!
this dummy spent 12hours on a snowy road, stranded in her car, and took out a piece of paper to write her "goodbye" letter to her kids/husband. This is sad. Its sad that people are stranded for 12 hours in the snow, and think they will die. Its sad that people venture out in a simple snow storm and dont think to prepare a little beforehand, just in case they get stuck. everyone in the winter should keep warm clothing or blankets, water, food, gloves, flares, first aid, safety equipment, etc in their cars.)
(i know it was a lot of snow, but it wasnt like she got trapped in a flood/hurricane/deep forest with animals and no shelter for gods sake. she was in her car, and had to simply camp out for a night- chill lady! no need for a goodbye letter lol)

THIS IS A CLEAR PICTURE TO ME:
of how unprepared society is. they panic and write "goodbye letters" to family, when simply stranded for a night in their cars.
scary to think what these unprepared idiots will do when s*** really hits the fan, and we are a society without the rule of law.

THIS STORM WAS PREDICTED DAY IN ADVANCE:
not only should she have had supplies in her car (food/water/shelter/1st aid/etc) but this woman and her looser husband had days to prepare just in case. did they do anything "just in case"? NOPE. they just relied upon the government (cops/fire/ems) dept's to save them. foolish! guess what - there are gonna be times that our administration :chiefs/captains/LT's, tell us footsoldiers: firemen/cops/emt's that WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO VENTURE OUT (it happened during the recent hurricane sandy, and will happen again. we cant risk a bunch of first responders for 1 idiot who didnt prepare him or herself)

IS IT ME, OR DID PEOPLE LOSE THEIR SELF-RELIANCE AND SUSTAINABILITY? everyone is so used to relying upon someone else to 'help us'. its a shame that people lost their survival skills. AND WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST, IS THAT HER HUSBAND DIDNT DO EVERYTHING IN HIS CAPACITY TO OUTFIT HIS WOMAN WITH EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS TO STAY SAFE. i go to extreme lengths to make sure mine has every tool she can have to stay safe. bags full of everything she will need god forbid she is stranded or breaks down. furthermore, i outfit her with an array of weapons that she can legally have to defend herself- at home, in the car, and at her work. MEN WAKE UP!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ImStricken wrote: YOU KNOW WHAT THIS WOMAN NEEDS?...

THIS STORM WAS PREDICTED DAY IN ADVANCE...

IS IT ME, OR DID PEOPLE LOSE THEIR SELF-RELIANCE AND SUSTAINABILITY?
No, what they need/lacking is common sense. Many of them should have gotten off the roads before the storm hit. Too many imbeciles around that ignore warnings, which has come about by a society that has for too long fostered a self-centered attitude coupled with a complete lack of responsibility, wherein someone else is to blame for whatever befalls them.

minibus4
Car: 2008 AWD SL

More and more urban societies are centering around the principle of not knowing any survival information or strategies to get them out of harms way. Now, societies are more heavily dependent on others to get take care of them then anytime before . Unless there is a jurassic change in our society to become more independent , stories like this will become more common. It's the thought that people like her that have kids to pass on her genes is the scariest thought. Maybe her husband didn't want to prepare her and his plan failed ;).

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

well said R1, and MiniBus - but i still fault her husband to a degree. Its tough for many women to think like a soldier/rescuer/etc would since its in a mans' DNA to be a protector - and i firmly believe its his job to be a MAN. dont get me wrong, there are plenty strong and self-sufficient women out there, but i feel like in this particular case: husband/wife/kids - it was his job to make sure everyone is safe.

if i was the brother of this woman, id have a serious talk with my sisters husband. im not one to get involved in personal family matters, but i am one to wake up a fool if need-be.

i think this is a prime example of what happens when people get used to big government, and intrusive laws that take away a persons reason to think/prepare/be self sufficient. this woman and man didnt make any plans to fall back on, and clearly relied upon some form of government to 'bail them out' if trouble strikes. its amazing the drones that have come about from ordinary people. everyone is so used to being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and what NOT to do. so when situations in life arise, where one must think for him or herself, people fail at life lol.

"People shivered in their vehicles for as long as 12 hours and questioning why the city didn't close the crucial thoroughfare earlier." Just goes to show, the people need the government to tell them what to do--they can't think for themselves!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Here's a novel idea...
Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
And it shows them pearly white
Just a jackknife has old MacHeath, babe
And he keeps it, ah, out of sight
Ya know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe
Scarlet billows start to spread
Fancy gloves, oh, wears old MacHeath, babe
So there's never, never a trace of red...

followingnfront

I got my blue tech bag a couple of days ago and transferred the contents of the small orange bag into the blue bag today.

Here is a pic of the bag with my starter supplies:

So here are all of the supplies I travel with:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

looking good! i like the blue bag a lot.

Yev
Car: Nissan Rogue

I usually keep my mother in law in the trunk. I'M KIDDING!!!! (Not even married)....and I hope she doesn't find this thread in the future. lol

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

I am curious, it would appear that no one has mentioned a Car Auto Window Breaker Emergency Hammer Belt Cutter Safe Escape Tool thingy.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:I am curious, it would appear that no one has mentioned a Car Auto Window Breaker Emergency Hammer Belt Cutter Safe Escape Tool thingy.
i have the smith & wesson spring loaded window punch & knife on my duty bag, in the car.

i also have this smith & wesson extreme ops knife on me every day. (it also has a seat belt cutter and window punch)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

I have read too many stories of people stranded in their cars, begging on facebook/twitter for help, food, water, shelter, etc(during the ice storm in atlanta). So i figured id give this thread a good bump for those needing some guidance.

Its sad some reporter had to come up a rudimentary list, to wake people up to the idea of being self-reliant (prepping). The only problem with this list is it doesn't include Food(power bars), Hydration(water/sports drinks), Heat(scentless candles).
http://shopping.yahoo.com/photos/build- ... slideshow/

Everyone's car should be stocked up with supplies. ITS YOUR DUTY TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES! Its not the police, ems, DOT's, job to keep you alive. They simply offer a rescue service, when they get to you; but its your job to stay alive till they get to you.

PS: change up your kit per season. in the summer keep more bottled water in stainless steel bottles if possible. keep things to keep the sun out. keep sun block as well. try to not keep batteries in the car for long periods of time. keep lighters out as well(they will explode)

followingnfront

Ive been sooo slacking on this... Gotta hop to it

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

BUMP: dont forget to update/upgrade your supplies to support winter temps.
(tip: i have found that it takes colder temps to freeze Gatorade, compared to water.)

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

A couple of disclaimers. I live in the south where it rarely snows. I commute 5 miles to work, so I feel like I can walk home most of the time. I have 1 bag that my wife and I share between cars for whomever might be out in bad weather/whomever is going farthest (she works from home, but picks up the kids from school). My primary need is kid comfort for 8ish hours (the length of time it takes to get home after one of our ice storms) rather than survival.

Rain ponchos
Glow sticks
Water (foil packs)
Drinking cup
Pee bottle
tissues (doubles as TP for the girls)
Freeze dried ice cream bars
jelly beans
Uno card game
Reflective vest
Emergency thermal sleeping bags
hand warmers
gloves
towel

Each car also has its own flashlight, ice scraper, first aid kit, multi-tool, and z-chains. We each have a set of Yaktrax that we move to whichever car we are in.

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

5.56 wrote:well said R1, and MiniBus - but i still fault her husband to a degree. Its tough for many women to think like a soldier/rescuer/etc would since its in a mans' DNA to be a protector - and i firmly believe its his job to be a MAN. dont get me wrong, there are plenty strong and self-sufficient women out there, but i feel like in this particular case: husband/wife/kids - it was his job to make sure everyone is safe.

if i was the brother of this woman, id have a serious talk with my sisters husband. im not one to get involved in personal family matters, but i am one to wake up a fool if need-be.

i think this is a prime example of what happens when people get used to big government, and intrusive laws that take away a persons reason to think/prepare/be self sufficient. this woman and man didnt make any plans to fall back on, and clearly relied upon some form of government to 'bail them out' if trouble strikes. its amazing the drones that have come about from ordinary people. everyone is so used to being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and what NOT to do. so when situations in life arise, where one must think for him or herself, people fail at life lol.

"People shivered in their vehicles for as long as 12 hours and questioning why the city didn't close the crucial thoroughfare earlier." Just goes to show, the people need the government to tell them what to do--they can't think for themselves!
There is also an age/region component to it as well. I grew up in Ohio & Michigan. Saw the blizzard of '78. Got stranded in an old POS '73 Blazer several times when it broke down. People are used to their vehicles functioning well. People have become accustomed to accurate weather forecasts. They are used to there being a convenience store/restaurant/Walmart every couple of miles and having it open 24/7. Hell, I got caught flat-footed my first storm in NC...I got around fine only to find that everything was closed! It takes a bit of personal experience to help drive home the point.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

In the really-deep freezing temps, i will carry my jump pack that i created(video below). i can use it to jump my car, or a friend/family member. this is just one of a few packs that i built. one battery is 800CCA, the one in the video is 1,000CCA, and i also have a smaller 400cca battery pack. all sit on battery tenders just waiting to be used. you can use them along with jumper cable, or simply bolt jumper cable to the battery terminals for a semi-permanent install.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Yixo8oWHA[/youtube]

followingnfront

Dude... You and me gotta hang out sometime. Id like to drive down to NJ and take a crash course in this stuff

Return to “Rogue Forum”