EMANCE/Jason review NEGATIVE!!! *Partial*

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

esahuque wrote:my emance tune works great. when my car was running ****ty everyone was like its the tune. it wasn't and i knew it. every tuner has hade there fair share of bad tunes. i can remember a few people paying for enthalpy tunes and not getting in touch with him for weeks at a time. i had a friend who blew 3 motors on enthalpy and he decided to just go bikirom. everyone complains that jwt's tunes are too rich. you all have to realize that these are mail order tunes and they won't be perfect. either man up and put some big money down on a standalone + dyno time for a base tune + more dyno time for the perfect tune. otherwise get a wideband and see if you're running to rich or lean. i'm more than satisfied with my emance tune and noone can tell me he's a bad guy.

-----turbonola----
9-10:1 AFR @ Idle with Jason, then without another tune that was fresh off the rom burner idled 15:1 first shot, no additional corrections needed. Glad someone's had luck with his tunes, but let's see there's starting to pop up 1 good review out of 10 bad ones, so take the gamble!

kouki_hmongster
Car: Want 97 kouki

esahuque wrote:my emance tune works great. when my car was running ****ty everyone was like its the tune. it wasn't and i knew it. every tuner has hade there fair share of bad tunes. i can remember a few people paying for enthalpy tunes and not getting in touch with him for weeks at a time. i had a friend who blew 3 motors on enthalpy and he decided to just go bikirom. everyone complains that jwt's tunes are too rich. you all have to realize that these are mail order tunes and they won't be perfect. either man up and put some big money down on a standalone + dyno time for a base tune + more dyno time for the perfect tune. otherwise get a wideband and see if you're running to rich or lean. i'm more than satisfied with my emance tune and noone can tell me he's a bad guy.

-----turbonola----
good to know that you're doing good w/ his tune. the thing is that you dont see people w/ enthalpy and JWT tune complaing and making a huge thread about blown motors and bad tune one after another.

Based on what your saying, i think nico shouldnt suggest any mail order tune to anyone then. Our advice to all nico members should be " if you want a reliable tune then go full standalone and get it dyno tune, PERIOD."

Modified by kouki_hmongster at 10:39 PM 10/21/2008

GTR PrYdE

kouki_hmongster wrote:Our advice to all nico members should be " if you want a reliable tune then go full standalone and get it dyno tune, PERIOD."
i'm adding this to the first post!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Whatever happened to the days when guys just used the "hacked MAF" and a slight base timing retard? Basically free management for 370cc injectors and 8 psi. What about the FMU and slight base timing retard? These are the options people should be going with that don't know how to tune or don't want to spend money getting it done right.

Tuning isn't rocket science...

People have been doing off the wall projects and having them work for years. I know the Dodge guys used to tie 1-2 cold start injectors to a couple of hobbz switches and call it a day. Why are we having such a friggin hard time?

WD

DevilMB3017

WDRacing wrote:Why are we having such a friggin hard time?
Because plug and play is easier?

Can you come to Jersey and teach me everything you know? lol

Personally, I know the theory behind most of what I do, but I don't always know what I'm doing...if that makes any sense. I understand the theories of tuning, but don't want to blow my motor.

For small boost setups, an FMU is definitely the way to go. I will be considering that for daily driver status in the future.

WDRacing

DevilMB3017 wrote:
Because plug and play is easier?

Can you come to Jersey and teach me everything you know? lol

Personally, I know the theory behind most of what I do, but I don't always know what I'm doing...if that makes any sense. I understand the theories of tuning, but don't want to blow my motor.

For small boost setups, an FMU is definitely the way to go. I will be considering that for daily driver status in the future.
You can catch me on AIM (WDRacin) or add WD to the thread title and I'll make sure to drop in my .02

I know what I know from reading and trial/error. But I used to read a lot of forums, and lots of older ones where guys did crazy things

WD

turbonola
Car: 91 240sx coupe

i'm just saying not of these mail order tuners are gonna have a perfect tune. i see that emance is getting bad press right know but how many people used his tunes and got what the wanted. alot more than we probably know. i'm just saying like someone else said he might be having a personal problem right now which is why he's not here to defend himself. i just jumped in becaise i want it to be know that i got a good tune from him. while the tune isn't perfect he assured me that once i get my dyno w/ air-fuel readout he'll fine tune it for me. i also wanna say everytime i emailed him i got a response back in an hour or less.

GTR PrYdE

I also got real fast replies, always, until I brought up the idle issue, with proof his tune was off, ne emailed me 2 times trying to defend his self, then I sent him the last email with a log of the idle and he never respondedafter that. Personal problem?.. only stealing tunes..
Modified by GTR PrYdE at 10:11 PM 10/22/2008

neverlift

WDRacing wrote:Whatever happened to the days when guys just used the "hacked MAF" and a slight base timing retard? Basically free management for 370cc injectors and 8 psi. What about the FMU and slight base timing retard? These are the options people should be going with that don't know how to tune or don't want to spend money getting it done right.

Tuning isn't rocket science...

People have been doing off the wall projects and having them work for years. I know the Dodge guys used to tie 1-2 cold start injectors to a couple of hobbz switches and call it a day. Why are we having such a friggin hard time?

WD
qft

seriously it isnt rocket science, I'm a fuggin drop out and diy tune with a sohc ecu(stanza),sst512, and a burner, on my kadet, only problem it has had is warm up cycle timing is fuct. I think thats from the code itself, as it had this as soon as I went to the ec4 stuff...

fmu for under tenPSI with 2* pulled and we would not see all this fuss

GTR PrYdE

E-Mance Fuel Map for my T3/T4/N62/550cc injectors

E-Mance Timing map

deviousKA
Car: 90 240sx NA /72 Datsun 510 NA /86 corolla GTS NA

Those are RS-Enthalpy maps.

neverlift

deviousKA wrote:Those are RS-Enthalpy maps.
the man

2FourTee
Car: 96 240sx - Supercharged ka24de

More proof of stolen tunes! That should shut the few remaining naysayers up.

DevilMB3017

I hope Enthalpy or JWT takes the time to sort this out with Emance.

If it's true, that's straight up illegal.

beatd
Car: 92 KA-T 240SX and 08 Fit Sport

deviouska is the legend himself. what ever he says is true! always!

2FourTee
Car: 96 240sx - Supercharged ka24de

DevilMB3017 wrote:I hope Enthalpy or JWT takes the time to sort this out with Emance.

If it's true, that's straight up illegal.
I think Enthalpy knows about this, they just didn't have any proof (up until now).

Here's an e-mance thread from January of this year in which Scott's (Enthalpy's) assistant posted some comments on the matter.

http://tiny.cc/ypBvc

Edit: I had to change the link to a Tiny url link to get it to work.
Modified by 2FourTee at 10:47 AM 10/28/2008

DevilMB3017

I must say that the KA tuning world isn't very big. I'm not even into tuning and I know who Devious and Calum both are. I will agree that if they're saying it I have no reason to believe it.

This is the reason why I plunked down $500 bucks to RS-Enthalpy. A ~$300 difference is NOT worth my motor, time, and effort.

deviousKA
Car: 90 240sx NA /72 Datsun 510 NA /86 corolla GTS NA

beatd wrote:deviouska is the legend himself. what ever he says is true! always!
Not entirely true, but I try not to mislead people anyways.

I have little against jason and am not out to get him on a personal level. My aim is to help share the knowledge of ecu tuning, he is out to make a quick buck on the same technology, so its just the natural conflict of interest.
Modified by deviousKA at 7:35 AM 10/30/2008

GTR PrYdE

Looks like someone, maybe Jason? reported these maps copyright violation... so... do we find out how to get them back up or leave them down?

WDRacing

I can host them Email them to [email protected]

Crazy Car Guy
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx

Well I didn't read before I spent a few bucks but I found out that it's not a good place to be getting a tune for your car.

I have this ecu tune and it runs like **** all the way around.

at idle it is 10:1 or richer (buffs lots of black smoke), during little throttle it seems to run half decent but when I get into the throttle it leans out real bad and that is not good for any motor.

does anyone have a good tune or something that they could sell me so I don't have any problems or a blown motor...

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjkyVetr0Y

Here's what the first tune he gave me did...... stock ecu ran the 550's and z32 mafs better than his tune did..... wouldn't even hold idle with his tune.

Went through like 3 or 4 tunes before he told me to change to different injectors.........

EDIT: also forgot to mention that the first motor ended up blowing the head gasket due to overheating, and then i recently threw in another motor with 180 psi on all cylinders and within 3 days of driving the car maybe 50-75 miles the ringlands blew out and i was spewing smoke and oil out of the valve cover breather.

no idea how the first one lasted and the second one didn't make it a week.... messed up part aobut it is that it started smoking and spewing out the oil while i was cruising at about 35 mph..... everyone i've mentioned it to said it was most likely due to a crappy tune. but who knows. needless to say over this winter i'm building one of those blocks and getting a reputable ecu tune then fine tuning on a dyno by someone who knows what they're doing.

240sxvaj
Car: 1991 240sx fastback KA-T- SOLD!
1994 MKIV TT-Daily/Track

zerepdivad wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjkyVetr0Y

Here's what the first tune he gave me did...... stock ecu ran the 550's and z32 mafs better than his tune did..... wouldn't even hold idle with his tune.

Went through like 3 or 4 tunes before he told me to change to different injectors.........

EDIT: also forgot to mention that the first motor ended up blowing the head gasket due to overheating, and then i recently threw in another motor with 180 psi on all cylinders and within 3 days of driving the car maybe 50-75 miles the ringlands blew out and i was spewing smoke and oil out of the valve cover breather.

no idea how the first one lasted and the second one didn't make it a week.... messed up part aobut it is that it started smoking and spewing out the oil while i was cruising at about 35 mph..... everyone i've mentioned it to said it was most likely due to a crappy tune. but who knows. needless to say over this winter i'm building one of those blocks and getting a reputable ecu tune then fine tuning on a dyno by someone who knows what they're doing.
i had the same problem you had on your 2nd motor.ringlands went out but then the good thing is my lasted 1 week instead of 3 days .

so far has anyone here talk to jason lately?if you have ask him to get one this subject.

lrb_2000
Car: '91 KA-T hatch

I emailed Jason through ebay awhile back and he never got back to me. He used to be really good about it..I don't have any problems yet. 3000 miles on a fully built engine. My tune is pretty much dead on still. GT35 turbo at 15psi. I"ve been extremely happy, and lucky with this tune. Don't know why it's worked so well?

But, can someone explain to my why I have to have to safc II set at 1 in 9 out? My car wouldn't even start with only the ecu hooked up. I hooked up the safc II and go it start but run really lean , or really rich trying different settings until I tried 1 in 9 out and it worked perfect. He said I should be using 2 in 2 out.
Modified by lrb_2000 at 6:48 AM 11/4/2008

GTR PrYdE

lrb_2000 wrote:I emailed Jason through ebay awhile back and he never got back to me. He used to be really good about it..I don't have any problems yet. 3000 miles on a fully built engine. My tune is pretty much dead on still. GT35 turbo at 15psi. I"ve been extremely happy, and lucky with this tune. Don't know why it's worked so well?

Modified by lrb_2000 at 6:48 AM 11/4/2008
He emails back no problem unless you know you're getting screwed, that's when he stops responding.

Your tune is a a JWT or Enthalpy tune, stolen of course, and fortunately it works. I just wouldn't purchase anything from him ever again.

WDRacing

Devin, I got your email. I just don't have access to the server etc here from work. Which is where I get in most of my Nico time I'll load them up when I get a chance

PuNcHdRuNk
Car: s14 240sx

i also am in the process of being screwed by e-mance also, same deal as everyone else i should have searched before i bought.......

GTR PrYdE

This thread is somewhat big, but I wish more people would see it before they got screwed over.

spank044
Car: 1992 240sx with a Supercharged 350Z VQ for a HEART!

PuNcHdRuNk wrote:i also am in the process of being screwed by e-mance also, same deal as everyone else i should have searched before i bought.......
Wanna buy mine? It works.

PuNcHdRuNk
Car: s14 240sx

send me an email at [email protected]

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”