EMANCE/Jason review NEGATIVE!!! *Partial*

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
jdm_Drifter
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx (coupe)

I was thinking on getting my ECU tune by emance but now im having my second thoughts, and one of the reason is because he told me he cant tuned my ecu for the maf (N60)im using. why would that be??my set up

Walbro 255N60 Maf 560cc injectors T3 turboAEM Wideband

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

So any word back from the guy who does his website? I wanna see what he's got to say for himeself not responding to anybody anymore.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I have one of his tunes, but still need to swap in my N62 MAF and crank the boost before I put the actual ECU in. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Brian- did you ever do a propane conversion system? I remember you were working on that a while ago.

This thread reminds me of the first "bad" thread from boost designs. That company went downhill FAST after that.

GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

If Emance goes down "fast" i'll be happy, I honestly tried to work things with him for 8 months before throwing in the towel, who would really wait 8 months for a tuner to get your idle right? I did, and for nothing. f@#k him.

If you can access a nissan consult cable please do so, I was lucky not to blow my engine or a head gasket, and I'd hate for anyone else to suffer any more than I have with this guy.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Brian- did you ever do a propane conversion system? I remember you were working on that a while ago.
I need to get the 240 up and running first, had to put it off till this winter. Still undecided on the propane though, in order to get the car registered you have to have it inspected by the state etc. If I can get a system working that uses 2 "grill" type tanks you can remove them for filling, otherwise most places require a certificate of inspection to fill a tank that IN a vehicle.

Using propane on boost as a supplemental high octane fuel would also work. It'll super cool the intake Mani as well as have the 110ish octane rating. It's a matter of either using a controller to cycle solenoids on/off like they have for N2O kits or using a staged kit with nitrous jets and 2-3 Hobbs switches to control solenoids. If you only want it to run 5-6 psi more a single kit would probably work just fine. Just have to tune for Lambda and not AFR.

That's actually a pretty good idea now that I see the prices of methanol have reached $7/Gal in some places. I can fill up my grill tank for like...27ish bucks. Will last 2 months on a single stage setup.

Boy did this thread get off topic...damn Moderators

WD

beatd
Car: 92 KA-T 240SX and 08 Fit Sport

WDRacing wrote:
SAFC will work for you
Thank you!

2FourTee
Car: 96 240sx - Supercharged ka24de

WDRacing wrote:Yeah I remembered you saying that and became kinda pissed. Since I basically vouched for him...I don't give my word lightly either. Basically he's a pen15...nuff said.

And I'm man enough to admit that you were right.

WD
I wasn't trying to rub it in your face or anything. If I would have approached the situation better, it would have been easier to get my point across.
jdm_Drifter wrote:I was thinking on getting my ECU tune by emance but now im having my second thoughts, and one of the reason is because he told me he cant tuned my ecu for the maf (N60)im using. why would that be??\
Because he doesn't really do any tuning. All he does is load up existing tunes and try to match them closely to your setup. (And sometimes, I don't even think he did that).

So, he can't tune for it because he doesn't have any N60 tunes in his database that will work for you.
Modified by 2FourTee at 4:08 PM 10/15/2008

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

2FourTee wrote:
I wasn't trying to rub it in your face or anything.
Yes you were...you made me

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

WDRacing wrote:
Yes you were...you made me
c'mon why don't you guys go frolick together in a meadow of daisies and dandelieons? That will make things better

beatd

zerepdivad wrote:
c'mon why don't you guys go frolick together in a meadow of daisies and dandelieons? That will make things better
haha ewwww?

jdm_Drifter
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx (coupe)

t
2FourTee wrote:
I wasn't trying to rub it in your face or anything. If I would have approached the situation better, it would have been easier to get my point across.

Because he doesn't really do any tuning. All he does is load up existing tunes and try to match them closely to your setup. (And sometimes, I don't even think he did that).

So, he can't tune for it because he doesn't have any N60 tunes in his database that will work for you.

Modified by 2FourTee at 4:08 PM 10/15/2008[/QUOTE
2FourTee wrote:

Modified by 2FourTee at 4:08 PM 10/15/2008
Thanks dude that helps.

2FourTee

WDRacing wrote:
Yes you were...
Well, maybe just a little.

madd ocx
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

jdm_Drifter wrote:I was thinking on getting my ECU tune by emance but now im having my second thoughts, and one of the reason is because he told me he cant tuned my ecu for the maf (N60)im using. why would that be??my set up

Walbro 255N60 Maf 560cc injectors T3 turboAEM Wideband
i remember him saying that he doesn't tune for n60's cause he got to many complaints with them. so it makes 2fourtee statement look valid in that he's using other tunes. but jwt doesn't tune for n60's either? so it' hard to say.. but this guy is not gonna respond no time soon cause he knows he's got to come up with some answers and most likely h has none

beatd

hey how did you fix your stalling problem. i remember you asking me questions about it.

DevilMB3017

Well, if you buy a JWT tune for a couple hundred bucks, and re-sell it to 10 people for $150 a pop, you're making some serious bank...

I'm not accusing ANYONE of doing this or anything like that, but I just know I could make serious money doing that too...

If you look at Enthalpy's website, he clearly goes into the math and physics of tuning EFI. This is all I'm saying...

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

hahahah wow. this guy must have really pissed all you off.

beatd

DevilMB3017 wrote:Well, if you buy a JWT tune for a couple hundred bucks, and re-sell it to 10 people for $150 a pop, you're making some serious bank...

I'm not accusing ANYONE of doing this or anything like that, but I just know I could make serious money doing that too...

If you look at Enthalpy's website, he clearly goes into the math and physics of tuning EFI. This is all I'm saying...
yo devil. your gonna have to come by to my house and help with my car please. beet and food available on demand! lol

DevilMB3017

E-mail me.

My friend has a shop up in Newark, but might be relocating... During that time I suppose he'd make house calls. I mean I could probably help, but this kid is 10x better then me.

[email protected]@gmail.com

madd ocx
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

ha
beatd wrote:hey how did you fix your stalling problem. i remember you asking me questions about it.
had to take it to a tuning shop and really get the safc tuned on the dyno and the maf piping helped as well! no it has no more stalling and runs good!

2FourTee

madd ocx wrote: so it makes 2fourtee statement look valid in that he's using other tunes.
Here's the fuel map comparison between a JWT tune and the tune e-mance sent me. The e-mance tune was "adjusted" for a 300zx MAF. The tune works great, but when you compare it to a JWT tune, it follows the EXACT same curve. The whole map has just been scaled up by 11.

(This was done using the "delta compare" feature of Nistune. It shows you the difference between two different maps.)

Here's a timing map comparison. The reason you don't see one graph over the other is because the timing map between the JWT and e-mance tune is EXACTLY the same. (That's why all the numbers in the map are zeros)

(This was done using the "delta compare" feature of Nistune. It shows you the difference between two different maps.)

Looking at the two tunes in Nistune, the ONLY differences are the MAF scaling, and the fact that the entire fuel map has been moved up by a factor of 11 to account for the N62 MAF.

So, the tune sent to me by e-mance was without a doubt a JWT tune, just slightly tweaked to account for the MAF.
Modified by 2FourTee at 1:39 PM 10/17/2008

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

i dont really care lol. if he was still reliable and did just copy **** i would just buy a tuen from him for 150 over 600 if it was wht my car needed, but now everyone is saying he is just gettin sloppy at copying lol.

GTR PrYdE

brizanden wrote:i dont really care lol. if he was still reliable and did just copy **** i would just buy a tuen from him for 150 over 600 if it was wht my car needed, but now everyone is saying he is just gettin sloppy at copying lol.
Hmm.

WE CARE.

I didn't know he was a theiving basta*d when I bought a tune from him, and if he knew what he was doing no one would've found out. I don't care if he gets a tune perfect, if he's blowing up other peoples **** with stolen tunes I don't want anything to do with him.

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

holy crap, those comparisons just sold me over to a reliable tune, and not emance. What he's doing is just messed up, not even tuning just stealing other's tunes. Pisses me off.

spank044
Car: 1992 240sx with a Supercharged 350Z VQ for a HEART!

You can't steal a tune GTR, but you can copy something that works from some one else. I have a emance tune and my car runs great with out any problems, hick ups, or stumbles. I bet the problem with most of these guys that have bad tunes are the people that have ebay turbo's and injectors that may have come out of an FD or was that a 1G DSM, or well they have a bosch number number on them.

When it comes down to it, he takes injector latency values, fuel, and timing maps mixes them together and makes your tune based on what you tell him. Maybe you have new grey top dsm injectors that a guy told you were 740cc, but they are actually stock 370cc and you get a fuel map based on that, then boom! Of course not every tune is perfect and why would you expect it to be for $150. If you don't have a problem buying real Nismo or Stillen parts etc, then why wouldn't you do the same when it comes to the ecu. If your already laying down $5000 to make big numbers and be a track star then why spend an extra $1000 and get a standalone and get a dyno tune. I have heard problem stories from friends involving Z32's and the $600 ad JWT had in the mags for a while. But all in all you get what you paid for and if you act like an adult and can treat him like an adult then he has no problem working with you. He is even doing my E85 tune right now. You may not trust him, but I do.

240sxvaj
Car: 1991 240sx fastback KA-T- SOLD!
1994 MKIV TT-Daily/Track

spank044 wrote:You can't steal a tune GTR, but you can copy something that works from some one else. I have a emance tune and my car runs great with out any problems, hick ups, or stumbles. I bet the problem with most of these guys that have bad tunes are the people that have ebay turbo's and injectors that may have come out of an FD or was that a 1G DSM, or well they have a bosch number number on them.

When it comes down to it, he takes injector latency values, fuel, and timing maps mixes them together and makes your tune based on what you tell him. Maybe you have new grey top dsm injectors that a guy told you were 740cc, but they are actually stock 370cc and you get a fuel map based on that, then boom! Of course not every tune is perfect and why would you expect it to be for $150. If you don't have a problem buying real Nismo or Stillen parts etc, then why wouldn't you do the same when it comes to the ecu. If your already laying down $5000 to make big numbers and be a track star then why spend an extra $1000 and get a standalone and get a dyno tune. I have heard problem stories from friends involving Z32's and the $600 ad JWT had in the mags for a while. But all in all you get what you paid for and if you act like an adult and can treat him like an adult then he has no problem working with you. He is even doing my E85 tune right now. You may not trust him, but I do.
lmk whenever you send it back for another tune because im sure its not gonna run right.

or you can just lmk whenever your motor blows.

i have been so patient with Jason for awhile now and i WAS supporting him but then after my motor blew all he said was it could be something else thats made my motor blew and this and that.

like i said before it was a waste of money and i only had the tuned for nomore than a week.

even if i send the tune back to get tuned i still wouldnt trust it because i dont want to blow my fully built KADE.

GTR PrYdE

spank044 wrote:You can't steal a tune GTR, but you can copy something that works from some one else.
You can copy something you bought and then sell it to someone else, that is stealing. Think ebay chinese knockoffs.
spank044 wrote:I have a emance tune and my car runs great with out any problems, hick ups, or stumbles. I bet the problem with most of these guys that have bad tunes are the people that have ebay turbo's and injectors that may have come out of an FD or was that a 1G DSM, or well they have a bosch number number on them.
I have new DW injectors, I have a good turbo that doesn't smoke or grind the housing, and lastly you either have no idea what you're talking about or didn't read much of this thread because:

Another tuner tuned my car and got it running 1000% better as soon as the ecu got dropped in, what does that say? Thank you.
spank044 wrote:When it comes down to it, he takes injector latency values, fuel, and timing maps mixes them together and makes your tune based on what you tell him.
He copies tunes and tries to make them work for everybody. Don't listen to his BS.
spank044 wrote:Maybe you have new grey top dsm injectors that a guy told you were 740cc, but they are actually stock 370cc and you get a fuel map based on that, then boom!
No.
spank044 wrote:Of course not every tune is perfect and why would you expect it to be for $150.
It should at least be remotely close.
spank044 wrote:But all in all you get what you paid for and if you act like an adult and can treat him like an adult then he has no problem working with you.
I was nice for 8 months, was I supposed to wait longer? Didn't think so. He provided a $h!t tune and wouldn't give me my money back.
spank044 wrote: He is even doing my E85 tune right now. You may not trust him, but I do.
That's fine, this thread is only a warning. People have blow their engines and if it doesn't phase you, go for it. I hope you get lucky again and don't have to deal with the $h!t he's put so many others thru, but if it happens...

kouki_hmongster
Car: Want 97 kouki

spank044 wrote:You can't steal a tune GTR, but you can copy something that works from some one else. I have a emance tune and my car runs great with out any problems, hick ups, or stumbles. I bet the problem with most of these guys that have bad tunes are the people that have ebay turbo's and injectors that may have come out of an FD or was that a 1G DSM, or well they have a bosch number number on them.

ebay turbo?? i spent 3g's on my t25 set-up, my car was running perfect w/ just an afcneo making 247whp and 241wqt w/ stock sr turbo. no detonation and was dyno tuned. but the reason why i went emance was because i was told i would get good mpg while cruisein. so i did and boom.

before all of this i spent 375 for a dyno tune and found out the guy dont know how to tune, then 200 for different shop dyno tune which turned out good but bad mpg while cruise, then 160 emance and Boom. i dont think you will be happy if you were in my situation.

you sound like you can be jason or someone close to him. worst thing is that he never came on this thread to try and defend himself.

what can you say about all these people w/ bad tune and blown motor?

talking about being an adult? someone needs to you. Hope you blow a motor so you know how it feels.

2FourTee

spank044 wrote:When it comes down to it, he takes injector latency values, fuel, and timing maps mixes them together and makes your tune based on what you tell him. Maybe you have new grey top dsm injectors that a guy told you were 740cc, but they are actually stock 370cc and you get a fuel map based on that, then boom!
He doesn't sit down and write all of these tunes. Did you not see what I posted?? The tune has 16 rows and 16 columns. That's 256 total cells for one timing or fuel map. Do you know what the chances are, of having every single cell in the timing map match up to an existing tune, just like the timing map is an EXACT match?

If you took two tuners and gave them 2 identical base tunes for two identical cars and told each one to just tune away for maximum power, there is NO way their timing and fuel maps would match up EXACTLY like that. NO WAY. And if you say it would, you obviously don't know much about tuning.
Modified by 2FourTee at 2:56 PM 10/21/2008

esahuque
Car: 95 240sx KA-T, 04 frontier

my emance tune works great. when my car was running ****ty everyone was like its the tune. it wasn't and i knew it. every tuner has hade there fair share of bad tunes. i can remember a few people paying for enthalpy tunes and not getting in touch with him for weeks at a time. i had a friend who blew 3 motors on enthalpy and he decided to just go bikirom. everyone complains that jwt's tunes are too rich. you all have to realize that these are mail order tunes and they won't be perfect. either man up and put some big money down on a standalone + dyno time for a base tune + more dyno time for the perfect tune. otherwise get a wideband and see if you're running to rich or lean. i'm more than satisfied with my emance tune and noone can tell me he's a bad guy.

-----turbonola----

240sxvaj
Car: 1991 240sx fastback KA-T- SOLD!
1994 MKIV TT-Daily/Track

1 last question

where is Jason (drape123) to defend all this?

if his tunes are good then he should jump on this topic and prove to all of us who have been through his tune that his tunes are not the reason why our motor blow.

we cant have his customer who had good tunes from him or people who know him talk for him.

hes hiding too much

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”