Elect Obama, Destroy America

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
mcheddadi
Car: R8

wawazat8402 wrote:[...] however, I am a strong advocate of the death penalty. [...]
what's wrong with you?!

*goes to check wawazat8402*

oh..you're 24, that's why

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

HashiriyaS14 wrote:
That's fine, you can stay in Indianapolis.
If it makes you feel any better, I have fond memories growing up in Northern and Southern Virginia. And there is only one Football Team in the NFL... The Redskins.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Cold_Zero wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I have fond memories growing up in Northern and Southern Virginia. And there is only one Football Team in the NFL... The Redskins.
Northern VA is very nice, although it'd be nicer if it wasn't populated by so many people who have only lived there from a year and came from Boston. I wish they'd all go back.

Southern VA may as well be Arkansas and is an area I will only tolerate when enroute to VIR. I will make an exception for Warrenton, especially the Frost Diner.

Maryland politicians aren't that bad, but I do wish they were generally more fiscally conservative. Socially, I tend to agree with them very often, although you and I share the same opinion on the gun control issue. I think VA has that nailed better than anyone else in the Union (i.e. everything is legal but penalties for gun violence are stratospheric)

Oh, and yes. Hail to the Redskins.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

BigMACKenzie wrote:Bush has tried his hardest in the last eight years to blow up the world and ruin the country.
No. He could have decalred Iraq as part of the US and then proceeded in invading Iran, Syria and others. THAT would have been trying hard to blow up the world.

What does Bush have to do with what Mac says?

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

audtatious, excellent article. Thanks for sharing!

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

This election is going to be all F'd up IMO, i just happen to be in the age group where a majority of teenagers will finally become adults and will be handed guns to shut them selves in the head. I find it completely wrong for society to vote on someone just because there race, what history are you really making if your future will be under the hands on someone you voted for due to there completion.

I myself will look into it to make sure my future isn't trashed for the next four years.I honestly prefer to blow my head off then live in a society that won't understand what they are doing is racist. A great majority may be blind enough to believe that white people can only be racist to blacks, but to vote for a African American man just because of his decent is purely not wrong.

If my post does not make sense or appeal to you disregard it

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

I think republicans are all cast from the same mold as of late, at least the ones running for president. If I had my monkey way I would have elected Mike gravel. FT war on drugs!

wawazat8402
Car: 89 Sil80- RB25DET

mcheddadi wrote:
what's wrong with you?!

*goes to check wawazat8402*

oh..you're 24, that's why
Please expand on that. Maybe theres some relevance there that I am not seeing.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

wawazat8402 wrote:
Please expand on that. Maybe theres some relevance there that I am not seeing.
It's easy...because you're 24 you're stupid and your opinion doesn't matter...duh.

I'm all for the death penalty to man...although I'm also for feeding most left wingers into a woodchipper to...lol.

stopcamping

BMAR240SX wrote: I find it completely wrong for society to vote on someone just because there race...
OK, I respect that, but tell me this: do you consider me the same as the racists of the KKK in the deep south?

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

You're a member of the Black Panther Party and you know it!!!!!!!!!

stopcamping

heh

If I really just wanted to vote for blacks, I wouldve voted for Sharpton, Jackson, etc...

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

No that's completely different they do not like African American. IMO/POV you are doing it because you want to favor another race

BigMACKenzie

stopcamping wrote:heh

If I really just wanted to vote for blacks, I wouldve voted for Sharpton, Jackson, etc...
wow, just wow...

stopcamping

BMAR240SX wrote:No that's completely different they do not like African American.
Exactly my point. What I consider racism is disliking racial groups. Do you disagree with this?
BMAR240SX wrote:IMO/POV you are doing it because you want to favor another race
Yes I want to favor blacks in this instance, so what? You're talking like we've had black presidents in the past.
BigMACKenzie wrote: wow, just wow...
Wow what? Elaborate. What's wrong with what I said?

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

what about the thousands of white college kids who went to the south to help out the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. what of them? are they racist because they are helping promote a race other than their own?

this thread reminds of more than a few threads on fark.com, all fail, all the time.

BigMACKenzie

Racism: Noun:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. 2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Again, it depends on what definition of racism you are using. If you use it as racial descrimination then there is a "fit" as you are choosing based on race characteristics alone (regardless of what color you may be). Based on those lines feminists descriminate against males if they choose a candidate simply based on sex.

I think the main hot-button here is that the selection is simply done based on race and not on their political characteristics. If he stated he was voting for Obama because he agreed with his politics then this whole racism thing would not be regurgitated.

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

the theme of the politics forums have been of late that obama and mccain are both worthless. that sort of environment doesnt lend itself well to havibng people come in and say they agree with his politics. ive "trolled" many a thread in the last few weeks and can say, as an obama supporter, i cant bring myself to post in "fear" of the backlash. point taken though.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

heliochrome85 wrote:the theme of the politics forums have been of late that obama and mccain are both worthless. that
Which I think is odd, as I consider both to be pretty good potential Presidents.

McCain is definitely a lot more qualified than GW ever was, and I'd rather have Obama at the helm than Kerry or Gore.

At any rate, voting for Obama just because he's black is utterly retarded. Being a citizen of this nation means you have certain obligations that pertain to voting, and those are as follows:

1.) Understand the issues at hand. Know what, for instance, privatized Social Security would do the lay of the land in this Country. (just a random example, I happen to be for it, actually). Take the time to learn and understand.

2.) Understand what the candidates' positions are on the aforementioned issues.

3.) Realize that your job as a voter is to pick the best alternative. That means that if you don't like either one you still need to pick a lesser of two evils, and you need to pick intelligently.

^^Anyone unwilling or incapable of following these rules should have their citizenship revoked.

heliochrome85

i agree. i chose obama because i agree with his politics. i dont believe experience in the senate or house necessarily leads to the a better president. for me, personally, obama is willing to listen to people who know better than he. He and his wife represent an, dare i say, america that is better than it currently is. I would hope that in a few years time, america would be tolerant enough to elect a person based on their merits and not on the color of their skin, their gender, or the ethnicity of their name. some of the best citizens of this country were women, or minorities. thats the future i hope for. only time will tell who is right in this election...

stopcamping

BigMACKenzie wrote:Racism: Noun:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. 2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race
This still doesn't explain your "wow, just wow" post. I don't believe blacks are inferior, try again.
audtatious wrote:Again, it depends on what definition of racism you are using. If you use it as racial descrimination then there is a "fit" as you are choosing based on race characteristics alone (regardless of what color you may be). Based on those lines feminists descriminate against males if they choose a candidate simply based on sex.
Well feminists may be voting for a woman because they likely hate men. Would you say the same about a man voting for a woman? A man who solely votes for Hillary bc of her gender is the same as a man-hating feminist, even though his convictions widely differ from the feminist?
audtatious wrote:I think the main hot-button here is that the selection is simply done based on race and not on their political characteristics. If he stated he was voting for Obama because he agreed with his politics then this whole racism thing would not be regurgitated.
I'm voting for Obama because: A) he's black and B) I see that he has an energy about him that I haven't seen in a long time.

I think the election of Obama would say something positive about this country. If he can go to other countries and create the energy and the positive attitude that he has in this country, is it ridiculous to think he can do it around the world too? I'll pay more taxes if this is the price of my decision, I don't care.
HashiriyaS14 wrote:At any rate, voting for Obama just because he's black is utterly retarded. Being a citizen of this nation means you have certain obligations that pertain to voting, and those are as follows:
Listen, young man, I needn't be told what a voter needs to know when voting. I've been voting for 22 years as a life long republican, and this is the first time that I'm going to vote for a democrat. I disagree with most of his political positions, but I'm voting for him anyway.

I think a lot of people think like I do but are just afraid what people will think of their "racist" decision.

audtatious

stopcamping wrote:Well feminists may be voting for a woman because they likely hate men. Would you say the same about a man voting for a woman? A man who solely votes for Hillary bc of her gender is the same as a man-hating feminist, even though his convictions widely differ from the feminist?
Not necessarily. Not all feminists hate men in the least and there were a large number of feminists that did not support Hillary. While it may be a stretch to some degree, voting for someone because of skin color is a racial aspect.
stopcamping wrote:I'm voting for Obama because: A) he's black and B) I see that he has an energy about him that I haven't seen in a long time.
That's fine. I won't vote for someone who may be likable (or charismatic) as a person if they do not support my viewpoints or I find fault with their political direction.
stopcamping wrote:I think the election of Obama would say something positive about this country. If he can go to other countries and create the energy and the positive attitude that he has in this country, is it ridiculous to think he can do it around the world too? I'll pay more taxes if this is the price of my decision, I don't care.
IMO, you are putting too much into what being likable will do. The bottom line is that countries will do what they feel is best for themselves regardless.
stopcamping wrote:Listen, young man, I needn't be told what a voter needs to know when voting. I've been voting for 22 years as a life long republican, and this is the first time that I'm going to vote for a democrat. I disagree with most of his political positions, but I'm voting for him anyway.
Who knows how log a 13yo from Chernobyl has been voting

stopcamping

audtatious wrote:Not necessarily. Not all feminists hate men in the least and there were a large number of feminists that did not support Hillary.
I didn't say all feminists, just the ones who were voting for a woman. Try again.
audtatious wrote:While it may be a stretch to some degree, voting for someone because of skin color is a racial aspect.
Thanks for making the concession that it's a stretch to label me a racist.
audtatious wrote:IMO, you are putting too much into what being likable will do. The bottom line is that countries will do what they feel is best for themselves regardless.

I guess, oh well.
audtatious wrote:Who knows how log a 13yo from Chernobyl has been voting

haha, I share this account with a 14 year old nephew of mine.

audtatious

stopcamping wrote:I didn't say all feminists, just the ones who were voting for a woman. Try again.
Here fishy fishy
stopcamping wrote:Thanks for making the concession that it's a stretch to label me a racist.
I'm voting for the white guy, so other than your mindset being idiotic to some people you can do as you will. There are times I wish he would get elected just so he can fall on his own sword and I can point and laugh.

stopcamping

audtatious wrote:I'm voting for the white guy, so other than your mindset being idiotic to some people you can do as you will. There are times I wish he would get elected just so he can fall on his own sword and I can point and laugh.
Not everyone is going to like you, I've learned to deal with it. And what do you mean by him falling on his own sword? Please elaborate.

audtatious

When he screws the pooch worse than it currently is......

heliochrome85

its tough to see how he could short of selling new york back to the dutch. then again, who saw where we are now, 8 years ago?

audtatious

Congress will make sure things continue to go down the sh1t hole

stopcamping

audtatious wrote:When he screws the pooch worse than it currently is......
uh, ok?

Return to “Politics Etc.”