EGR / PCV Declutter

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Y33TJPN
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

I’m interested in hearing the Nico minds on what can be done to declutter the VH41. I have done a fair amount of searching and found some info but nothing substantial or clear.

I see swaps of this engine into other chassis and most times do not see the same layout of vacuum lines, EGR etc so I assume it can be done safely.

*I am emissions exempt*. This is also stemming from looking ahead at wanting a simplified engine bay and I managed to snap the tab off of the charcoal canister and am not wanting to replace that if I can help it.

In regards to the EGR valve and solenoid. If I removed that and got rid of the vacuum gallery lines (A-D), would this be feasible? I understand line D is for the FPR and damper, so I may have to figure out how to run that line without the gallery. I would delete the vacuum canister, block off the intake EGR face/exhaust entry from EGR valve and cap the air intake vacuum line.

I’m regards to the PCV system, will the fresh air from the air intake line to crank case be enough to push crankcase pressure out to a catch can instead of sending that blow by back to the intake?

I went ahead and attached all non California emissions diagrams - fantastic that this is all available on this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”