easiest way to 500-600 HP

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SKAGEE
Car: cars

Hi,

I have to agree with Sean about the pistons. The only form of engine failure that I have seen when it comes to cars pushing 500 RWHP ,if it weren't the cause of poor tunning, were bearing/oil related. I find that if you get the fueling right and the revs and boost at a sensible limit, a stock engine with an after market oil pump is all you need.Even with our scorching hot weather here, some of the GTRs here would forgo the water pump and only make do with an aftermarket radiator.. forget about the stock turbos, I blew the wheels off them even when maintaining a 1.05bar limit.

Nurv
Car: performance engineering, rc cars, beer, tits

Yeah I will have to agree as well. The compression is considerably lower inthe RB26. With the correct tuning it will be fine. One of our fellow members on here has made over 600whp using a rb25det, microtech ecu, and bolt ons basically. Now with a 26 it wouldnt be such an issue I think. Japanese Motorsports in Adelaide, Southern AustrailiaAustrailiia has a R33 GTs-T drift car making 308kw on stock internals as well.For turbos you may want to research some N1 turbos. They could help you get to where you want. I know with the RB26 in the S14 chassis you dont have a whole lot of room as I am installing something to an extent into our shop car. Just my opinion though. But why a R34 motor. seems kinda pointless to me. we got lucky and recieved a R33 RB26. 500 is alot.

collspec2

I have a stupid question, what is a datalogit?

tyndago

Saint
Car: 1999 Civic SI

This is not the easyest way but it may help.

http://www.dragsport.com/issue...shtml

I beleve in you man

240 + SR20DET= nice240 + RB25det = LOOK OUT!240 = RB26DETT= PRICELESS

8AV8OR2
Car: 1995 240sx LE

i have been looking online, and have yet to find a specific kit for the RB series, i am putting an RB25 into my S14 over the winter, and i would like to upgrade the turbo at the same time, i don't need 500-600 HP, but i would like to have in the vicinity of 375-400 whp, does anyone know of a kit for the 25 that would come with turbo, manifold, wastegate, injectors,etc.thanks

S13Sil-line
Car: Full throttle-*** out sideways

What are you going to do with a 600+whp 240? It would be nice, but on a car just over 2,000lbs, thats a bit over kill, wouldn't you think?

technorb26

GTR Shop wrote:I don't car how flash you make eveything else, the weak link is still pistons at that level.. you can make your cooling and oiling system bullet proof, but its almost the same as using a billet crank, rods and pistons and then running a CA auto radiator.

Hell... dry sump it if you want, but end of the day the pins been pulled on the pistons life at 500 rwhp

N1 water pump looks like it will cavitate less at higher impeller rpm, but it will move less fluid (trust me, I did 6 year on Ships, and EVERYTHING has at least 1 pump!)
The SP Engineering GTR did 712whp at 2bar on stock bottom end, if I am not mistaken.

Mavus721
Car: 1997 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR

Hello Ryan,

My name is Thomas, I own a 97 Nissan skyline R33 GTR, I saw that you are looking for a skyline engine. I am in the business and now alot of people that have one and could recomand one to you or get you one for a good price. Thanks please email me at [email protected] or talk to me online about it at Mavus721 Thanks tom

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”