DSM SAFC TUNING HELP Please Read

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
grk nickafis
Car: Current: 2005 Subaru STI.
(Former)1991 300zx NA 2+0
Project: 1998 Eclipse GST 6 bolt swap

Don't be confused, I have a 300zx and an Eclipse. I installed an SAFC II on my 1998 GST w/ a 6Bolt Swap. I heard somewhere that it should be set (on the SAFC) to 2 cylinders and not 4 because the 1st gen coil pack communicates with the ECU for only 2 cylinders. The signal is split at the coil pack and distributed to the 4 cylinders. Is this correct or is what I read wrong?

Does anyone know how to tune the SAFC that is local?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Try http://www.dsmtuners.com. Might get quicker responses from those over there. They know the 1G and 2G like the backs of their hands.

I had a 1G GSX with a 6-bolt engine ages ago. Fun car, but died a horrible death.

grk nickafis

I have an acount there but it wont let me post. My brother has an acount but he has to much pride to ask about it.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Here...I posted one for you.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forum....html

I used to have a DSM, so that was the first forum I ever visited.

grk nickafis

Thanks! ill keep checking it.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

I got this as a PM over there.
random dsmtuners member wrote:I found the same thing about setting it for 2 cyl. But I'm not a proven member so I could not reply to you. I just cut and pasted this from another site.

3. Common Problems:

RPM Signal off by half (1G)

* Because of the way that Mitsubishi triggers the ignition coils, this is normal. To fix it, just set the Cylinders to "2"

Car runs like crap, wont rev past 2-3K rpm, No change in the Hz reading on the Karman display

* You read the wrong section in the manual and chose the yellow and white wires to modify the airflow signal. Wrong, you should have used the pink and orange wires.* You have a bad connection on either the pink or orange wire.* You have the pink and orange wires reversed.* You didn't select "Karman" for the air flow meter type.

No display or other power problems

* You have been swinging the AFC around by the wire harness. This will pull the harness out of its internal socket. To check it or fix it, carefully unscrew the back cover with the proper small size Phillips screwdriver. Make sure the little connectors are plugged in all the way.

Return to “Others”