Drivers seat movement on braking/acceleration

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

I've tried numerous searches as I recall this having been discussed but can not seem to find anything on this issue.

I have a 2011 EX35 Journey - the drivers seat has a very slight, but extremely annoying to me, movement in the seat when braking or accelerating.

This car is my wife's daily - so when I drove the car yesterday i noticed that this issue has actually become a bit more noticeable.

Has anyone else experienced this - haver you found a cause and a fix?

Thnx in advance.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Is this the thread you were looking for?

driver-seats-moves-forward-a-little-whe ... 34948.html

nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

I think so. Thanks very much.

I have mentioned this to the Service rep - they are quite good relative to other dealer service depts - they weren't able to replicate at the time.

Next time I bring it in for service I'll see if they want to take care of it. From reading the thread it may not be the best argument to get it fixed by the dealer.

Had you resolved the issue before you sold your EX?

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

No, I didn't bother trying to get it fixed. I didn't find it annoying. It was only really noticeable during hard acceleration and braking, and I typically took it easy when I drove the car. Plus, the car was getting up there in miles, so I figured I'd focus my efforts on addressing the mechanicals of the car more so than any of its bugs.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”