Driver Door Handles Broken

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Mean Machine
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30

So I'm in a jam. My driver's side door is stuck closed. Neither the inside or outside handle will disengage the latch. The lock works fine, so that's not the problem. The issue is with the door stick shut my mechanic can't figure out how to get the interior door panel off to access the door mechanism. There are screws all along the bottom of the door panel for starters. He's tried slim jimming the door with no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to have him cut the panel off because replacements are almost impossible to obtain. I would be most grateful for any advice.

-Mean Machine

outThere
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE
2004 Sentra
2006 Chevy Malibu

take the inside door trim cover off, then there is a plate held on with 9 bolts , there should be 2 round holes covered with round black tape, remove those, bring the window up or down till two 10mm bolts show in the holes. undo those then slide the glass out from the top. then remove the wire harness and the 9 bolts and you can see lock.

Mean Machine
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30

Unfortunately, we're stuck at removing the interior door trim cover, if I understand the lingo correctly. The big panel that covers the whole inside of the door. There are screws along the bottom edge that seem inaccessible with the door stuck shut. I hope I'm not being dense. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”