Drifting in Indiana?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
Liquidus
Car: 1990 240sx, 1991 240sx SE

Is there any drift related events in the state of indiana. I keep hearing about other areas having drift days at local tracks and wish that i had some oppurtunity for something like that myself. Although i do drift on the street I am just too afraid to go all out on the road with blind corners and trees inches from the road.

It would be nice to have something in a safer environment with no worries where i can practice and have fun. How could i go about organizing something like this if one does not exist. If you know of one, let me know.

Thanks

Liquidus
Car: 1990 240sx, 1991 240sx SE

Well, i thought i'd post in my own topic once before letting it slip into the abyss. I have seen one or two guys on here from indiana, one has a pic of his car drifting in what looks like a professional event, maybe he traveled to a different state.

What about getting a few people together and paying for some track time or a parking lot. Can anyone give me any information on this?

Thanks

574-240sx
Car: Nissans, Toyotas, Subaru

There isn't anymore drifting in Indiana since Tire Rack doesn't support it anymore. Get on Clubfr.net . Its a chicago board where all the midwest drifters usually converse. Its half chicago and the rest midwest. Clubfr is planning a few events and practices this year. No definite dates set yet.

Nick

BEXE
Car: s14.5 240sx

I am near louisville, Ky as in southern Indiana. There are drifting events the last sunday of every month at the Sportsdrome in Clarksville, IN. I am thinking about starting there and seeing how it all goes, but first i am going to petition some local tire stores to see if they will set me up with free used tires if I advertise for them.

wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

driftindy.com they have events posted that you can attend for a decent price.

otto_3478s
Car: 94 AlTiMa + 94 tT 300 zX

Yes check out D.I. and also I will be hosting an event shortly in Converse, just by Marion. More details will come on that later.

Paradox
Car: Cars, computers...

Also check out http://www.indianadrifting.com We will be holding US Drift sanctioned events this year. We want to have SAFE fun events. Also, outbrakemotorsports.com will have US Drift events in Ohio, in case it is close to you.
Liquidus wrote:Is there any drift related events in the state of indiana. I keep hearing about other areas having drift days at local tracks and wish that i had some oppurtunity for something like that myself. Although i do drift on the street I am just too afraid to go all out on the road with blind corners and trees inches from the road.

It would be nice to have something in a safer environment with no worries where i can practice and have fun. How could i go about organizing something like this if one does not exist. If you know of one, let me know.

Thanks

Edgar

4AM
Car: '86 Nissan 300ZX, 2 seater, T-Tops(VG30E)

Im in Southren Indiana, and Others and Myself drift at SCCA Autocross events 2-3 times a month. As long as your not trying it for the first time you'll fit right in.

5466cody
Car: S13 240sx KA24DE swap

Do they still drift at the Sportsdrome? Cuase that would be awesome:)

Edgar

You can find awesomeness going on here guyshttp://www.mdudrift.com or http://www.driftindy.com

95ka24det
Car: 1995 240SX

nice to see you on here edgar, I saw the thread and was going to help him out but you beat me to it. gonna try for the drift day in May! :dblthumb:

Edgar

95ka24det wrote:nice to see you on here edgar, I saw the thread and was going to help him out but you beat me to it. gonna try for the drift day in May! :dblthumb:
You can still come out dude, join up mdudrift.com/forum

Hope to see you out!

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”