Door Lock Issues

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Doodaddy
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD

My rear passenger door recently started partially locking/unlocking. The actuator simply wasn't fully engaging the lock. I pulled a new door lock assembly from a local parts house and swapped the assemblies. The exact same problem persisted.

This made me think this could be a power issue and the assembly simply wasn't being provided the electrical that it demanded. As a test I pulled the panel on my rear left door and plugged the wireless harness into my right door assembly to test its function. It did nothing. I scratched my head and then reconnected my left assembly. It now does nothing. The power window still functions fine.

Now I have no locking function for either of my rear doors.

Is there a fuse somewhere for each door? I wouldn't have thought so, but then again, I can't imagine how this could have happened to my left door otherwise.

chrissy
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano AWD

Hi there,
Have you ever had issue with your trunk also not unlocking or unlocking? Recently my Murano does not lock/unlock any of the doors or trunk anymore. I have to manually unlock the driver and manually unlock all passenger doors as needed. The trunk will no longer unlock so I have to pull the backseats down if I ever need to put something in the trunk, super annoying lol.

ron69

Murano's are know to have power door lock issues. The door lock actuators go bad on them. I found some on eBay for under 50 bucks. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/281397111012?ss ... 1555.l2649 Hope it helps you guys out.
Chrissy by the way with the Murano if all the doors don't lock the trunk wont lock. Try locking all the doors manually (with your hand or key not with the remote or door lock switch) now use the remote to unlock the doors. Now go to each doorand which ever one don't open is your bad door lock actuator .

MASUD ALI
Car: BMW

If some how are are locked in your room and you don't know how to unlock the door. At that instant the only thing you need to do is to call an emergency locksmith who can help you in unlocking the door and get you out from the room.

DeanJones
Car: bmw

There must be the problem in the wiring of the solenoid around the actuator. You must call the mechanic or locksmith to replace the inner wiring of the lock.

AnthonyEdwards

I was having the same problem last week and checked the solenoid. But it's not the issue with it, then i called locksmith and they then fix the issue with the door lock.

MargerySimkin

Locksmith isn't the solution as far as i am concerned, you must contact the dealer and ask them to repair it..

AllenCooper
Car: bmw

chrissy wrote:
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 pm
Hi there,
Have you ever had issue with your trunk also not unlocking or unlocking? Recently my Murano does not lock/unlock any of the doors or trunk anymore. I have to manually unlock the driver and manually unlock all passenger doors as needed. The trunk will no longer unlock so I have to pull the backseats down if I ever need to put something in the trunk, super annoying lol.
You have taken much pain for it but in the end it will get in your favor, the best and the easy way to find nearby locksmith. Ask them to check and resolve the issue you are having , if not then consult it with the dealer. They will surely have a solution to the problem.

Return to “Murano Forum”