Door handle fell off, what the ???

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

2009VersaHatch wrote: Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find just the replacement lock cover
Anything here work for you?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ve ... m&_sacat=0

Trusso11783
Car: 2007 Versa Sedan

I finally bought a handle on Amazon for about $20. When I brought it to a shop to repair it, they said my original handle was fine but the plastic piece inside was broken. They had to find a used one from one of his junkyard dealers. When they finished, they said my new handle was not so good. It is in and it works but they could not get the piece that goes around the lock on at all. The whole job cost me about $200 but it works and I wasnt about to spend a day screwing with it and probably make it worse. I hate this car and will not buy a nissan again now that I see what a wide spread problem this is.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Comparing the 20 or so plastic handles that broke to the over 1 million Versa's sold in the US, this doesn't seem to be that "wide spread". Thinking all Nissans are like the Versa is silly. Hating your car sucks. You should sell it and move on. :bigthumb:

Trusso11783
Car: 2007 Versa Sedan

Who said it was 20? It's 20 in this unknown, obscure forum that I happened to discover by accident. Sorry, but a handle is a basic feature that should work and not rip off of the car by simply opening it without any excess force. Sure, all Nissans are not created equal but I am soured on the Brand and will stay away since it isn't only Versas that it happens to.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I said 20 or so. I counted this thread, or so. People like to get online and find others with similar problems. It's like a pity party. It's normal human behavior, people don't like to feel alone in their problems. The internet is great for pity parties. Just look at the forum and the people who joined only to make 1 post about their issues, never to be heard from again.

Also, I don't agree with your basics. I do agree that it's a feature. A running engine, working brakes, tires, a driver, maybe a windshield and enough metal to hold those all together are the basics. The Dukes of Hazard didn't need working door handles. Features are nice, working headlights, mirrors, a fuel gauge, speedometer... all nice to have in a car.

Stuff breaks, people get it fixed. Try not to be wasteful. If a knob falls off your stove, you don't need to throw away the whole stove or hate GE from then on. Besides, your handle was already broken and then came off in your hands, you didn't hulk the thing in one tug.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”