Don Nguyen | Gloss black vinyl'd roof pictures on some M45s

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Don Nguyen

I am a new vendor (I do vinyl installations/sell materials/etc) on the forum and I just wanted to share some pictures of these M45s that I have worked on in the past.

Here's a darker gray/gunmetal colored M45 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was around the Long Beach area. Even on a darker colored car, the gloss black vinyl roof actually still accents the entire the car very well. Especially on this car, with its black rims. We decided to leave the roof rails chrome, and it actually turned out looking very nice that way. It looks as if the car came like this from the factory/dealer.

It was a hot day, so don't mind the water streaks on the roof/vinyl in some of the pictures.

Let me know what you guys think.

thanks.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com

Don Nguyen

Here's another one.

I don't get too many cars of this color coming by to get their roofs done, so it's a nice change of pace. I wrapped this Infiniti M45's roof with my gloss black vinyl material. On a darker colored car like this, the gloss black roof gives it a very nice subtle touch. Although it's still noticeable, it is not as large as a contrast as it would be on a white car. A black roof may make a BMW more sportier looking, but on a car like this, it can also make the car look more "elegant" or lux as well. This car was from around the Costa Mesa/Orange County area.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

sergio1987
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

Wanna come to Toronto to do it:)?

jhuerto23
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

I can vouch for this guy. He did mines up in Northern Cali it turned out very nice, great work and great prices. Really nice guy as well. Hey Don, I was the first M45 you've wrapped, it was the white one you wrapped at fatlace building, anyway I have another car for you to wrap soon, PM me please with price it's a 2008 BMW 750Li

Here is a link of my car wrapped by Don: black-top-picture-inside-t534267.html

- Jeff

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

What up Don!!! glad to hear you're a Vendor now....I told you bro!!! hahahah....ya it's me, Anthony in Long Beach -- you wrapped my car (the M35s in the first pix)...thanks again...I must say, the wrap still looks good today!! No issues :biggrin:

I'm looking to wrap some other parts on my car, plus I have some friends that need to get theirs done too.

I will say, Don is a great guy and knows his stuff....professional and clean work.

Don, here's a shot at my car now -- roof still looks clean -- different look with a front bumper conversion....thanks again bro!!!

Don Nguyen

jhuerto23 wrote:I can vouch for this guy. He did mines up in Northern Cali it turned out very nice, great work and great prices. Really nice guy as well. Hey Don, I was the first M45 you've wrapped, it was the white one you wrapped at fatlace building, anyway I have another car for you to wrap soon, PM me please with price it's a 2008 BMW 750Li

Here is a link of my car wrapped by Don: black-top-picture-inside-t534267.html

- Jeff
I was actually trying to find pictures of your car. I know I have it somewhere. I'll post it up once I find it. I am trying to plan another trip up to norcal, maybe during spring break or something. What finish did you want for the 7 series?
CPJ LB wrote:What up Don!!! glad to hear you're a Vendor now....I told you bro!!! hahahah....ya it's me, Anthony in Long Beach -- you wrapped my car (the M35s in the first pix)...thanks again...I must say, the wrap still looks good today!! No issues :biggrin:

I'm looking to wrap some other parts on my car, plus I have some friends that need to get theirs done too.

I will say, Don is a great guy and knows his stuff....professional and clean work.

Don, here's a shot at my car now -- roof still looks clean -- different look with a front bumper conversion....thanks again bro!!!

I am happy to hear that everything's holding up and you're happy with everything. Car looks good!

-Don

zerg711

Where are you located?

Don Nguyen

Orange County, California.

-Don

bbs350z
Car: 350z built tt
350z st track whore
m35x daily
evo 8- 30r sold

agreed, black looks great. my z is the same color as my m35 which is the first silver you posted up, and man, black roofs look great. price for the vinyl?

Don Nguyen

bbs350z wrote:agreed, black looks great. my z is the same color as my m35 which is the first silver you posted up, and man, black roofs look great. price for the vinyl?
Where are you located? You can also e-mail me at donathon@gmail.com

-Don

redline122
Car: Infiniti M45S

Don...I have a white M45S... what is the rate for us Nico members? :) How long does it take? You can send me a private message as well.

Here's a link to the pics of my car with it's white top... :) - springs-wheels-and-brakes-oh-my-here-s- ... 87209.html

Don Nguyen

It's easier if you guys e-mail me at donathon@gmail.com regarding prices/etc. I want to keep this thread for just general vinyl discussion and pictures :)

-Don

Don Nguyen

Trying to gauge if there is any interest in this flat black vinyl finish. I haven't posted pictures of this finish/material before, but I recently had a someone ask if I had something that was flatter than my matte black vinyl material. So, who's interested? :)

Flat black is on the left and matte black is on the right:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Don Nguyen

I know some of you are more of the visual type, so in addition to black roofs, I also black out chrome pieces such as chrome window trims, like on this car.

I had this new white Mercedes Benz C class coupe come by to have me wrap his chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in my gloss black vinyl material. He wanted to go with the gloss black to match the glass panoramic roof and to also match the B pillars on the door, which were also gloss black already from the factory. I should have taken the after pictures of it outside so you guys can get a better view/look, but for some reason this time I took the pictures of the car inside. The owner of this car was from around Buena Park and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done. I have a lot of guys ask me if they should go with matte or gloss black on their window trims, so hopefully this will help those of you out trying to figure what to go with.

Before

After

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Don Nguyen

This time around, I went with a lighter shade than the usual shade that I have used in the past for when I tinted/smoked head lights/tail lights. I chose this shade to closer match a tint/shade that you would expect to see as a dealer or factory option. I basically would describe this as an OEM+ look. For those who are familiar, it's similar to the blackline tail lights that BMW offers or the Porsche tail lights that come from the factory with the clear portion tinted/smoked already. Hopefully you guys will be able to get a good idea of how this shade looks like on these tail lights from the pictures that I took. Let me know if you guys want any specific angles or more pictures and I'll see what I can do.

Left factory - Right tinted

Both tinted/smoked

Tinted/smoked - after

Tinted/smoked - before

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Don Nguyen

Here are some pictures of a new black BMW F10 5 series that I vinyl'd the chrome window trim with my matte black material to resemble the BMW factory shadowline trim look. I had some people ask for some closer up pictures of the wrap around the edges, so here they are. Let me know if you guys have any questions or other picture requests.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

...clean work Don. The blacked out window trim looks really good....

RockerHappyFeller
Car: M45 SPORT '07/G35 COUPE '04

can you do a clear vinyl wrap for my front hood and headlights like the FX trucks?

RockerHappyFeller
Car: M45 SPORT '07/G35 COUPE '04

for a m45 sport of course......

Don Nguyen

Sorry, I do not do clear bras on paint. However, I can do it for your headlights. Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

bejjutsu
Car: M35X ('06)

Do you have any pictures of an M wrapped in matte black?

robert_4.5_S
Car: 2006 M45 S

How much does it cost to wrap the roof in gloss black in NYC???
I was just quoted $450 (name of the body shop: Oneighty in Brooklyn)
I think Its way too high.

The Bodyguard
Car: 08 M35 black loaded custom VIPDOUT
08 G35s sold 92k miles
08 M45s-sold 78k miles
07 M35-traded 53k miles
95 J30-sold 155k miles
Location: Cypress, TX (Houston) o.g. from southern cali (North Hollywood)!!

robert_4.5_S wrote:How much does it cost to wrap the roof in gloss black in NYC???
Way way way too much!!! Down here in Houston roof wrap goes for $200 and when promotional sales go on they do them for $150!!! :dblthumb: From a very good shop that wraps Lamborghini and many other exotics...

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

robert_4.5_S wrote:How much does it cost to wrap the roof in gloss black in NYC???
$450 thats it :spitout:

robert_4.5_S

06M4.5 wrote:
$450 thats it :spitout:
Yes Freddie only $450 haha

robert_4.5_S

The Bodyguard wrote:
Way way way too much!!! Down here in Houston roof wrap goes for $200 and when promotional sales go on they do them for $150!!! :dblthumb: From a very good shop that wraps Lamborghini and many other exotics...

That what i think its too high. Many people say its a good shop but $450 for roof wrap. No way. I would rather hire Freddie and do it with him :D

06M4.5

Now that's funny :chuckle:

don't worry Jersey will be cheaper

robert_4.5_S

I hope Jersey will be cheaper. And of course better quality since your dash looks perfect :D

06M4.5

Let me know the price they give you.

robert_4.5_S

06M4.5 wrote:Let me know the price they give you.
They told me $345. I guess im gonna do it myself :D

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”