Does anyone know whats wrong with my spec v? rough idle...power loss

Discuss topics related to the QR series engine.
SDspecV
Car: 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Hello Nico club. I need help. I have had my 03 spec v for about a year now and i love the car...when its runnin good. When I baught the car it had a slightly rough idle but it ran great and it didnt seem like a serious problem. Not too long ago i made the mistake of trying to clean my throttle body and ended up having to replace it...tps(tb). It took me a good while to get the problem fixd and durring that time the idle got worse. Now after the fix my idle still sux, sometimes its just a little high and sometimes it trys to stall out but its always rough. I have a huge power loss and the car makes some stupid buzzing/whining noise through first and second gear. O i have also replaced the MAF sensor like 4 or 5 times. two of which they sent me the wrong one. My car has thrown codes like multiple missfire, and intake air temp sensor high output. when i cleard them they didnt come back. now my car shows no codes. I took it to the dealer and they told me to replace the pcv valve and i did but no good. now the rpm's will jump around(between 1000 and 2000) while coasting to a stop wthout taking it outa gear(just pushing in clutch). Also my obdII says fuel system closed loop. My throttle pos is at 1% at idle...and my intake air temp says around 150 degrees...if any of that helps. I heard it could be something with the current my IAT sensor is sending to the TPS. I also heard it could be my cat. I have an aftermarket intake, header and exhaust.

I have also noticed that this is a common problem with this car and if there is anyone out there that knows what it is or how I can fix it...without spending a fortune at Nissan...then PLEASE let me know.Thanks

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Stock exhaust manifold?

Could be ECU, could be that your engine ate its precat or a butterfly screw. If it's the precat, Nissan owes you an engine.

First and foremost, call a dealer with your VIN handy and have them do a recall check on it.

spec_v03
Car: 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

IAT sensor is in your MAF so youve already replaced that.sounds like it could be your fuel pump, there was a TSB posted on them for your year i believe. does it start rough to or just idle?

SDspecV

no pre cat...i got a new header. megan racing its not too bad but i think i have a leak somewhere. its driven me crazy. i had my butterfly screws on my last tb and they are still on my new one. I'm pretty sure its not the ecu but i need to find out.

SDspecV

Fuel pump sounds like a good bet too...i'll let yall know if any of these things work.

Return to “QR Series”