does anyone know how to make a front lip?

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
phanatikz32
Car: 1991 NA to TT z32 biatch!

i was thinking about designing my own front lip but i want to know how much it will cost and how to do it? do i need extensive skills? i'm thinking fiberglass will be cheapest but i dont know. does anyone?

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

I know how of course, but it's not something you can easily explain to someone. If you have never messed with making something out of fiberglass, then you just need to play with it. You will learn as you go. You will learn different techniques to make the shape you want every time you mess with it. I have been glassing for 15 years and still learn new and better techniques every time I do a project. You can read through my Fiberglass How To in my sig and use some of the techniques for your lip.

p.s. Not sure why this is posted in the detailing forum, but whatever.

phanatikz32
Car: 1991 NA to TT z32 biatch!

i did read through your fiberglass styling in your sig but i'm not understanding how to make the mold for it. like it prob. stupid but i as watchcing them make molds on myth busters where they just poor that liquid gel over the shap and it hardens and they peal it away to make the cast. i was thinking it'd be something like that where i could press the bottom part of my bumper into some sort of hardening solution so when it hardened i would have the exact form of the bottom of my bumper as a foundation and then ad onto it or grind away or something for to get the finished product.... ok lets say i've designed the lip and i have all the dimensions i want, what would be the next step i would take in making the lip other than buying the supplies? do i have to build some type of frame or what?

ps. there is no relevent section to post this, so i posted it here and a similar topic in general chat. there is no exterior body styling forum....

Return to “Detailing Forum”