CHATROOM: OWN ANYTHING ELSE ASIDE FROM A ROGUE?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i am still planning and doing research to swap the BS 2.5L and cvt out for a euro-spec diesel & tranny from the Qashqai :gapteeth: :naughty:

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

What about a KA24 or SR20 swap into the Rogue, RWD turbo? mmm.... lol

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rdub2k4 wrote:What about a KA24 or SR20 swap into the Rogue, RWD turbo? mmm.... lol
way to much work (changing rear sub-assembly, differential, etc.). i am not looking for power, i am looking for better MPG's, higher towing torque, and longer life-span.

Nissan's Qashqai has the new 1.6 dCi engine The new 1.6-litre dCi engine produces 128hp. However, it generates 236lb ft of torque (pulling power), and does so at just 1,750rpm :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Initial front-wheel-drive versions will emit a low 129g/km CO2 (claimed) and return a claimed 62.8mpg.

rdub2k4

That's pretty legit lol. I still wouldn't mind seeing a turbocharged Rogue ;)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rdub2k4 wrote:wouldn't mind seeing a turbocharged Rogue ;)
meh, thats like tits on a duck. Image (think about it: boobies on a duck are cool; but wtf can you do with a duck that has boobies? WORTHLESS lol)

Jerry98vert
Car: 08 Rogue 98 Cobra

rdub2k4 wrote:Very nice! Details on the motor swap?
The Mustang was born v6 auto, the transmission died and bought a brand new 2000 cobra engine with trans all wiring for like $6200 and if you know or do reasearch there was no 2000 Cobra mustangs built Ford did built 200 engines and sold them to the public my (old friend) bought one we did his swap then I bought one and we did my swap. so total was bout $10,000 later and from a sad v6 to a Cobra engine just wow.

Last edited by Jerry98vert on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qashqai

ImStricken wrote:boobies on a duck are cool; but wtf can you do with a duck that has boobies?
...well Imstricken, actually I have some ideas....

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Well, isn't that just ducky!

rdub2k4

This thread is now NSFW. - lmao

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

rdub2k4 wrote:This thread is now NSFW. - lmao
I know. Now when I order Chinese, I won't be able to ask for Duck Sauce without seeing that image. :ohno:

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

ImStricken wrote:
rdub2k4 wrote:What about a KA24 or SR20 swap into the Rogue, RWD turbo? mmm.... lol
way to much work (changing rear sub-assembly, differential, etc.). i am not looking for power, i am looking for better MPG's, higher towing torque, and longer life-span.

Nissan's Qashqai has the new 1.6 dCi engine The new 1.6-litre dCi engine produces 128hp. However, it generates 236lb ft of torque (pulling power), and does so at just 1,750rpm :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Initial front-wheel-drive versions will emit a low 129g/km CO2 (claimed) and return a claimed 62.8mpg.
That would be very interesting... only problem I see os having a dealer servoce it. That engine isnt on this side of the pond so they wouldnt know what to do with it

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

followingnfront wrote: That would be very interesting... only problem I see is having a dealer service it. That engine isn't on this side of the pond so they wouldn't know what to do with it
Given ImStricken's level of expertise, I doubt that would be an issue. Besides, there are shops that specialize in imports, so I'd say if he ran into any issues, he'd be able to find a shop that could sort it out for him.

In the process, he could put together one heck of a video blog detailing his adventure. Oooh! I just felt this thrill going up my leg!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

followingnfront wrote:only problem I see os having a dealer servoce it. That engine isnt on this side of the pond so they wouldnt know what to do with it
honestly, diesels are much easier than gasoline engines. no real throttle body plates, and no ignition/spark plugs. since i NEVER use the dealer for much of anything, id end up doing as much of the work as possible, and the rest would be done by local heavily trained diesel mechanics. if i would buy the engine (which is a 99% i wont) i would buy extra parts like the injectors(which clog often) and glow plugs, and any accessories i think could go.

if i needed parts, i could easily call a nissan dealer in any euro country and place an order on any parts i would need and ship them over.

followingnfront

ImStricken wrote:
followingnfront wrote:only problem I see os having a dealer servoce it. That engine isnt on this side of the pond so they wouldnt know what to do with it
honestly, diesels are much easier than gasoline engines. no real throttle body plates, and no ignition/spark plugs. since i NEVER use the dealer for much of anything, id end up doing as much of the work as possible, and the rest would be done by local heavily trained diesel mechanics. if i would buy the engine (which is a 99% i wont) i would buy extra parts like the injectors(which clog often) and glow plugs, and any accessories i think could go.

if i needed parts, i could easily call a nissan dealer in any euro country and place an order on any parts i would need and ship them over.
Touche... I was thinking more along the lines of someone like me who doesnt have acces to the proper equipment or as deep of a knowledge getting the swap done.

In other news, im sitting in my mercedes(sprinter) ambulance with the 3.0 V6 CRD diesel motor that the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has, and I cant help thinking about the gobs of torque and smooth ride that Jeep must have.

followingnfront

I take it back... when my lease is up, im my next car is going ti be the Jeep Cherokee (as opposed to the Grand Cherokee) hands down!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

followingnfront wrote:I take it back... when my lease is up, im my next car is going ti be the Jeep Cherokee (as opposed to the Grand Cherokee) hands down!
So, you actually like this?

followingnfront

Rogue One wrote:
followingnfront wrote:I take it back... when my lease is up, im my next car is going ti be the Jeep Cherokee (as opposed to the Grand Cherokee) hands down!
So, you actually like this?
The front takes some getting used to, but Ive seen worse (juke)... I like the rear and the overall profile ... also it has loads of offroad ability and a v6 with 270hp and 28mpg via a 9 speed auto tranny (100hp more than rogue and better fuel economy). Obviously I want to see how the reliability is and i still have 3 years in my lease, but so far on paper the Cherokee looks pretty badass

rdub2k4

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

The Jeep Had Sex!!!
Now the Nissan Juke and the Pontiak Aztek are due for paternity tests lol (i wonder who the father is? :chuckle: )

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

OK you two, "ima get medieval on your a**"!

followingnfront

ImStricken wrote:The Jeep Had Sex!!!
Now the Nissan Juke and the Pontiak Aztek are due for paternity tests lol (i wonder who the father is? :chuckle: )
Unfortunately, the headlight setup is identical to the jukes (i have no idea why a car company would want to emulate that) with the turn signals on top (thin squinty lines), low /high beams just below that, and fogs on the very bottom.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

UPDATE: just got back form another Hyundai dealership. got the 2013 brand new, black, fully loaded, AWD, non-turbo, leather & navi tech package down to $31,995 (below invoice price). we also got them to give us $24,000 for our infiniti g37s coupe 6mt. after thinking about it, ms.imstricken and i realized that since we hate stock navigation units; we will choose to drop the tech package (navigation, 8" inch screen, full glass roof, heated steering wheel, retractable rear door sun shades). we will take the leather package and the smaller 5" inch screen with rear camera, for $2,450 less ($2,700 non sticker price)

the only reason we didnt make the deal is because they didnt have that exact model on the dealer lot. we want to inspect the exact car we will be buying & take home the car- that day, and i want $500 more for my trade. LOL

so it will be:
$29,000 for the santa fe
[minus]
$24,000 (trade)
$500 Hyundai loyalty credit (i am making a photo copy of someones registration that owns a hyundai)
-----------------------------------------
$4,500 total [the deal could be finalized monday if they knock off some more from the price of the santa fe and they have it in stock]

followingnfront

Nice. Post pics when you bring it home. Like it better than the Rogue?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

followingnfront wrote:Nice. Post pics when you bring it home. Like it better than the Rogue?
sure will. and dude, its much nicer than the non-nave rogue. leather package model comes with a nice color screen & camera - unlike the rogue. lots of rear space, more interior space/size, and the rear seats are movable. i love the santa fe

followingnfront

I wonder how youd feel it compares if you had a 2012 SL and Santa Fe... Ive got 4 cameras in my Rogue (and its AWESOME for parking btw!!!), HIDs, navi, heated leather, etc.

If your Rogue had the same features they would be closer contenders in the features/package dept I would think?

But I like the more interior space, movable rear seat comment... That is something a package or feature in the Rogue cant change. Hows the ride quality/handling compare?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i do in fact have the SL with leather package. since mine is the 2008, i dont have the 4-way camera(which is awesome btw) but i do have the paddle shifters & tranny cooler with 1500lb towing capacity(which is very important to me, since i tow my trailer with the bike & gear to the racetrack). so my rogue, having the leather, heated seats, HID lights, bose, etc is very comparable.

as it stands, these are the major features that the rogue doesnt offer(no matter what trim you get) that the SF does offer
  • exterior design: sharp, updated, and very classy. it looks like it was designed to be no less sexier than murano / bmw x5 / audi / mercedes ML. while the rogue is more of the SIMPLE design, designed to not stand out, so it wont kill the murano sales. what really catches your eye is the accents they did with the stainless steel skid plates(front & rear) and the over-tones of matt-black.

interior:
    multi toned, accented in sleek silver, dark tones and bright tones all give your eyes plenty to look at; and to be jealous of if you dont own this car. they really took the time to make this car appear as if its a $50,000 SUV

headlights:
    projector lowbeams, LED accent trim, sharp corners that give it a racier look

door pockets: large enough and specifically designed for a bottle of water

speedometer: awesome interactive lcd screen. great colors and multiple smaller lcd screens that give this speedo-cluster an updated/refreshed look.

center console: TWO cigarette lighter ports, AUX port and usb port. great use of cubby space where the rogue has the A/C controls. blue LED accent lighting to illuminate the dark/hidden spots.

a/c control: if you dont take the NAVI tech package, the A/C control will come with a push-button combo and a blue lcd screen below the radio area- that shows where the air is blowing, fan speed, temp, etc. (unlike the very simplistic turn knobs on the rogue)

rear seats: move forward & backwards and the back of the seat reclines as well. fully functional headrests. no rattle in the rear seat.

trunk: TONS of space, because they put the spare tire under the car. having the spare under the car opens up at least 3feet wide X 2feet tall, 10"deep pocket that has compartments.

otherwise its got all of the same features as my rogue: heated leather seats, tinted rear windows, awd, tinted rear windows, single chrome tipped exhaust,
take a look at these pics:
fully interactive cluster

multiple easy to access power sources & aux jacks.

door panel with large bottle holders

amazing roof (only comes with the navi-tech package though)

front & rear stainless steel looking skid plates

rear seats have functioning headrests, and the side supports of an almost bucket seat.

space 1, with all the spare tire accessories.

space 2 in the trunk (where rogue owners would access the spare tire)

minibus4
Car: 2008 AWD SL

I dont have it yet but this is be my next vehicle in the near future.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

minibus4 wrote:I dont have it yet but this is be my next vehicle in the near future.
my old man has that (but in silver) for his Limo service. 14 passenger.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

minibus4 wrote:I dont have it yet but this is be my next vehicle in the near future.
Here's a business idea...

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:
Here's a business idea...
got you beat!

Return to “Rogue Forum”