Do you like hip hop intrumentals?

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

Then you'll probably dig this.

http://soundcloud.com/djz/the-dro-ft-bi ... k-and-more

*Commence the moving to the music section*

:cry:

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

No sure what I expected, probably some nice Pete Rock instrumental, definitely not anything like Pete Rock.

Probably wont listen again.

kornmanz

Who's pete rock? Guess I gotta go find out.

kornmanz

Damn he's good with a sampler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73CcodfT_w

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Nope sorry. I love metal instrumentals though..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGSyehI6fE[/youtube]

(song ends at 1:21)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfIJ573xFRo[/youtube]

kornmanz

I'm not much of a metal fan but some of the drummers are too sick at what they do.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

meh... not much of a hip hop fan.... at all... unless you consider stuff like the far east movement's fly like a g6 hip hop

Papi Chulo
Car: 72' Datsun 510

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

kornmanz wrote:Who's pete rock? Guess I gotta go find out.
You should probably not be trying to make hip hop beats while asking this question.

Even if you don't know his music, the amount of times he has been referenced in other peoples is ridiculous.

Not a single bit of this had anything to do with hip hop, just more repetitive dance music with some jungle samples thrown through out. Now go listen to mix master mike.

kornmanz

I know who mix master mike is. Thats old school. Both those guys are good but are old school. Time for new s*** guys. Listen to the pop radio stations. They play dance music all day. They just got famous vocalists to go on the track. Techno/dance is hitting the mainstream hard and I'm gonna ride that wave.

And you're funny. This had 12 hip hop instrumentals. Not a single "jungle" track. That "King Kong" track at the end is a huge hip hop tune. So is MIMS tune. How did you not hear hip hop?

I just made it into dance cause thats what I'm into.

But hey everyone's a critic.

My thoughts: "Go try it yourself. I'd love to see what you create."

poems2beats
Car: s13 pignose-sold
S14, current project
99 civic, current DD

Nice! Thanks for the download.

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

kornmanz wrote:I know who mix master mike is. Thats old school. Both those guys are good but are old school. Time for new s*** guys. Listen to the pop radio stations. They play dance music all day. They just got famous vocalists to go on the track. Techno/dance is hitting the mainstream hard and I'm gonna ride that wave.

And you're funny. This had 12 hip hop instrumentals. Not a single "jungle" track. That "King Kong" track at the end is a huge hip hop tune. So is MIMS tune. How did you not hear hip hop?

I just made it into dance cause thats what I'm into.

But hey everyone's a critic.

My thoughts: "Go try it yourself. I'd love to see what you create."
Mix Master Mike came out with an album this year,and the majority of his albums are from later then 2000. That fact that you consider this decade old school is why you have no clue how to make a hip hop track.

I did not hear hip hop because this song has nothing to do with hip hop.
Listen to the pop radio stations. They play dance music all day. They just got famous vocalists to go on the track. Techno/dance is hitting the mainstream hard and I'm gonna ride that wave.
Everything about that statement sucks, and its hard to talk about your musical skill and originality while saying your trying to ride the mainstream pop wave.

kornmanz

yeah yeah yeah k red coupe. Find somewhere else to troll. I used instrumentals from all the artists listed. Thats where the hip hop ties in dumb dumb.

10,000 people enjoyed my last one of these instrumental tunes. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

kornmanz wrote:Techno/dance is hitting the mainstream hard and I'm gonna ride that wave.
All I wanted to say is, I was around when techno/dance was hitting mainstream (in Australia anyways), in the early 90's.

I find it strange that (if this is true), that the US culture is only catching onto this now?

Usually, the US is the pioneer of new music/sounds. :gotme

Empty V
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4, 1982 Corvette C3 Shark

kornmanz wrote:My thoughts: "Go try it yourself. I'd love to see what you create."
How did I know you were going to say this. :lolling: Seriously dude you're like a broken record, no pun intended. Every time someone says that your music is crap you ALWAYS respond the same way with the same weak-a** childish response of "Let's see how good you are at it." BTW there is ZERO hiphop in this track, not even a fukin measure(FYI a 4:4 measure is 4 quarter notes because I'm sure you're pulling out a measuring tape trying to figure out what that means). If you want to learn how to mix hiphop do some research and figure out who the pioneers were and still are like Mix Master Mike. Calling him old school is the most ignorant thing I've heard this week, and the week's almost over. Whoever the people you titled in your description are not hiphop. Also, none of this flows and the track is generally annoying. One of these days you'll either give up or get humbled because obviously your head keeps expanding. :facepalm:

kornmanz

Lol hey empty v. I missed you baby.

112,000 plays worldwide. As this song illustrates "until I'm dead I wont stop"

http://soundcloud.com/djz/eminem-till-i ... djzs-remix
Last edited by kornmanz on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Empty V

Ozzie wrote:All I wanted to say is, I was around when techno/dance was hitting mainstream (in Australia anyways), in the early 90's.

I find it strange that (if this is true), that the US culture is only catching onto this now?

Usually, the US is the pioneer of new music/sounds. :gotme
Techno hass been around the states forever and a day. Raves were huge in the early- mid 90's and really hit the mainstream in the mid to late 90's. This dude likes to make it sound like he's on the bleeding edge when he's nowhere near it. So take everything he posts with a grain of salt.

kornmanz

bahahahhahahahah.

Oh man. I get stupid a** people like you talking s*** every singe day Empty. Join the crowd kiddo.

Empty V

kornmanz wrote:Lol hey empty v. I missed you baby.

112,000 plays worldwide baby.
And how much $$ have you made? Sick career you got goin kid, keep it up! Maybe one of these days you can save up and buy me a sandwich with all of those licensing fees you're racking up. I'm sure the ASCAP and BMI checks are coming in too quick to cash.

kornmanz

Do some research dumbass cause you'd easily find out that absolutely none of the "big money" in the music industry is made from record sales. Not in the age of the .mp3. A few years ago the music industry lost so much money with pirating that they tried suing people for copyright infringements. Haha they lost more money.

I do this for the fun and enjoyment. 2500+ followers and growing daily. I do it for them, and for myself.

Troll on buddy. You mean nothing to me. Jealousy is such a nasty trait.

kornmanz

Btw nice lights on your qx indiana jones.

Empty V

kornmanz wrote:Do some research dumbass cause you'd easily find out that absolutely none of the "big money" in the music industry is made from record sales. Not in the age of the .mp3. A few years ago the music industry lost so much money with pirating that they tried suing people for copyright infringements. Haha they lost more money.
Thanks for breaking it down for me. Is it your vast experience in the music business that lends this insight?
kornmanz wrote:I do this for the fun and enjoyment. 2500+ followers and growing daily. I do it for them, and for myself.
That's because NO ONE WILL PAY FOR IT! In other words your music isn't worth anything because it's been done, 1000x before, over and over and over. Which makes you worthless as an "artist." You'd think you're some kind of pioneer by the way you talk about your own music.
kornmanz wrote:Troll on buddy. You mean nothing to me. Jealousy is such a nasty trait.
You sure figured me out, I'm jealous of some pudgy kid who couldn't write a memorable beat to save his life. Man I wish I was in your shoes.
Last edited by Empty V on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Empty V

kornmanz wrote:Btw nice lights on your qx indiana jones.
:wtf2: Do you wear a helmet? I swear this kid has to be slow. :facepalm:

kornmanz

Bahahahhaha. I've got 45,000+ downloads in 170 countries. You should start going to all those countries and telling them they're all stupid for downloading my music. K pumpkin? I'm just getting my music out there and to your dismay you can't do s*** about it. All you can do is post on a forum about how bad I am. Poor you.

Return to “The Music Room”