diy vinyl car wrap!!(better that a rattle can job!!!)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
pvilledan125
Car: 1997 q45, Triumph spitfire, Porsche 914

About Peeling- The vinyl should not peal if it was applied correctly the material is very adhesive. If you are worried about peeling you can use edge tape on the edges to help secure down any edges you could see giving any problems.

About Scratching- The material is very protective, paint scratches easier than the vinyl. If you ran into any scratch you could also have a panel repainted and applied. That is by far the nicest part about the vinyl, the ease to replace it.

The material leaves NO residue. Trust me it doesn't its one of the property's of the material. Ordinary vinyl well but the vinyl we use for vehicle wraps is 3m Control Tac, and it was created specifically for vehicles.

LogosPrint.com (Not sure about the rules on posting links but I will take it down if I need to.) Check out our photo album of the vehicle wraps. No 240 or imports even but gives you an idea what you can do with the material.

-Dan

S14toRPS13

I've heard about it but never really looked into it. Does anyone have a link to a write up?

sultan

maybe it was cuz he used the thick cheap stuff and didn't take much time on it but mercers car looked like crap around the corners (couldn't stretch it i guess) and the vinyl is wack cause looking at certain angles it's flat (no shine, sparkle, etc)

Return to “240sx General Discussion”