Dirt under the doors

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I'm sure about 90% of Rogue owner do know about the problem, for the reasons you stated and because it takes time for the problem to develop, and people are buying new Rogues all the time. I bought mine on Monday so at 2 days old my Rogue doesn't have any symptoms yet to indicate the problem - I'll have to wait 6 months or more for the rust to show up, but I plan to prevent now that I know about it - THANKS TO THIS FORUM FOR ALERTING ME TO THIS AHEAD OF TIME!!

kerrton

Whoops, in my previous post I meant to say that most Rogue owners "Do NOT" know about this problem. Sorry...

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

Does anyone who has used the weatherstrip have any pics they can post of it?

psychomtl

hey guys.. im picking up my new rogue tomorrow and I think I should start looking at solutions before I have the problem

I saw something on ebay to help protect car hoods (film), do you think this could be a good temporary solution?

anyone in Canada that bought something at a local store to solve the problem?

ty

philipa_240sx

psychomtl wrote:hey guys.. im picking up my new rogue tomorrow and I think I should start looking at solutions before I have the problem

I saw something on ebay to help protect car hoods (film), do you think this could be a good temporary solution?

anyone in Canada that bought something at a local store to solve the problem?

ty
Yes, Canadian Tire sells Paint Protection Film made by Gila. It's comes in a 4inx6ft roll for $29.95 CDN. It's in the same section/asile as the window tint films. I would buy a roll, cut it half lengthwise (so you have 2in wide strips) and apply it to the doorsills starting from the lower edge (before it curves underneath). The front doors are more prone to scrtaching than the rears so make sure you start from the front so you don't run short. The film is very easy to apply and shouldn't take you more than an hour.

IMHO this is cheap insurance. Read the sticky at the top of the forum for more information on the scratching issue.

kerrton

Has anybody ordered and installed the product from TrimBrite? Did it have good adhesion and durability so far? Also has anybody ordered it from Canada, and did it come within a reasonable amount of time?

I tried to buy some from Canadian Tire, but they didn't have any so I think I might try ordering some online!!

DanC
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Has anyone had any luck getting this fixed? I called the 1-800 number and had this passed on to a regional rep who had the scratches sanded out and then put the 3M "clear bar" product on all the doors. All of this was done under the warranty for free.

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

We have a window tint place here in Edmonton, who also installs the clear bra stuff. You can check your window tint places and they most likely also sell the clear bra stuff. I have used it before on the doorsills of my Outlander.

Paul

roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

Try applying some silicon lube spray to soften (make it more pliable) the rubber on the bottom of the door plus the dirt will not stick on it as much.It might help if you catch it in the early stages

roguester

mistergib,That is one fine looking Rogue you gotI like the spoiler (how $ ?)on the back window is it aftermarket or dealer?I have the same less spoiler and door guard moldings.Now my reply on the subject:I think I may have a temp fix. Being a hockey dad (don't laugh I'm already rolling on the floor) the first thing that came to mind is hockey tape.I found this roll about 1"w x 100 ft long it's transperant, heavy duty and weatherproof and it costs about 2.50 I am going to give it a try and keep the members posted on durability.

I don't know what got me to switch from a BMW 530i to a Rogue 2 weeks ago but so far I like it.

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

roguester wrote:mistergib,That is one fine looking Rogue you gotI like the spoiler (how $ ?)on the back window is it aftermarket or dealer?I have the same less spoiler and door guard moldings.Now my reply on the subject:I think I may have a temp fix. Being a hockey dad (don't laugh I'm already rolling on the floor) the first thing that came to mind is hockey tape.I found this roll about 1"w x 100 ft long it's transperant, heavy duty and weatherproof and it costs about 2.50 I am going to give it a try and keep the members posted on durability.

I don't know what got me to switch from a BMW 530i to a Rogue 2 weeks ago but so far I like it.
..thanks for the compliments....the rear spoiler I bought from Nissan at a cost of $240 usd about 4 months ago, it can be bought for alot cheapernow...just look around and do a search on the internet.

I don't know what hockey tape looks like?....I had my door sills done with3M clear-bra strips....they are invisible and are working fine at stoppingthe scratches....while hopefully waiting for a Nissan fix??

roguester

mistergib wrote:
..thanks for the compliments....the rear spoiler I bought from Nissan at a cost of $240 usd about 4 months ago, it can be bought for alot cheapernow...just look around and do a search on the internet.

I don't know what hockey tape looks like?....I had my door sills done with3M clear-bra strips....they are invisible and are working fine at stoppingthe scratches....while hopefully waiting for a Nissan fix??
Hockey tape looks like the 3m , it's clear (also available in different colors) and a liitle thicker sticky on one side and can be used indoors/outdoors.Nothing to lose if it doen't work there is always the 3M, by then maybe Nissan will wake -up and address the problem

philipa_240sx

mistergib wrote:..thanks for the compliments....the rear spoiler I bought from Nissan at a cost of $240 usd about 4 months ago, it can be bought for alot cheaper
The rear spoilers are different between the US and Canada. The Canadian version appears to be smaller and has a 'notch' for the rear taillight. This is seems to be a safety feature to improve visibility of the 3rd brake light... Transport Canada likely imposed this. However there is nothing stopping you from importing one from the US.

Canadian Version:Image courtesy member Paulvanharte

US Version:Image courtesy member Eddnog

Lewy
Car: Rogue

Well, my Rogue is a week old with 6 dealer miles on her at pick-up and I walked outside and looked at the doors. Scratched up already..... I ordered 3M clear tape to put on the car from one of the links above. We will see

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

You are right, the Canadian one is "thinner", and does have a morevisible notch....but, the US version though it has more bulk, also hasthe notch for the brake light....I seriously doubt that the brake light when using the Canadian one is any more visible than the brake light used with the US one, I think the outward physical appearancecreates that illusion. Just a difference in design, not a safety thing.

I bought mine straight from Nissan, are you sure that the Canadian oneis a Nissan one or is it an aftermarket clone? They both look good!

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I checked both of our Rogues and found that we, too, are having this issue with the paint scraping where the door jam seals strike the frame. Rather than wait for Nissan to fix this for us, I've decided to make a purchase from a site that I was familiar with from the days when I was modifying my tC. Metro Moulded Parts carries a huge selection of various shape rubber foam moldings with self-adhesive backings that I found to be excellent for protection contact points, sealing openings from the elements and eliminating noises from problem prone spots. Here is an excerpt from a post I had on another forum, for Scions, from way back
EddNog wrote:...What I did here was, I noticed that occasionally, on sharp bumps, I can hear a sort of clunk from the door, particularly the passenger side one, so I tightened up the latching of the doors by buying some 1/8" thick self-adhesive weather molding and installed it on the inside of the door edge as well as on top of the spot where the factory door stopper contacts the door jam. I then used bulb-shape weather stripping, again, self-adhesive, on the door jam side facing the strip of molding I installed on the edge of the door. Combined with the stiffening from the roof brace, and the full door worth of Hushmat, the doors closed with a firm, smooth thump, and there's no more clunking over bumps whatsoever. I get all the way down to 55Hz out of my 6.5s (CDT ES620 Gold) in the doors, too!

I also noticed clunking from my hatch on particularly hard bumps, so I took some of the same 1/8" thick molding and installed some on the contact points for the stock stoppers and also on top of the left and right side hatch rest points. No more hatch clunking! The entire hatch itself is also Hushmatted, so there's absolutely no bass rattle from the hatch, at all--even with...

My new set of dual 10" CDT HD-10 subwoofers. I find that these subs have way cleaner, faster bass and slightly more extension than the Infinities did. They happen to be designed for very small enclosures, too, such as the ones I have, so this is a far better match than the Infinity subs were. Part of it is also probably attributable to the power of my new amp, too, Memphis', "Big Belle," the 16-MCH1300.

The rear tweeters for those who haven't seen them; JBL 608GTis.

Here's the location of the front tweeters on my CDT ES620 Gold component sets; I was inspired by the placement of the tweeters in my Altima, and decided that this placement would sound better than in the doors--and I turned out right. Surprisingly, my windows do not fog up for me, even with those vents capped off, so it's all good! Time alignment on the head unit in conjunction with a little tuning in the crossovers out back for the various components has allowed me to get clean, balanced sound with a natural, full response range. I didn't shoot any pictures of it, but I did buy and help install (yes, I actually did some of my own work for once :o) two entire bulk packs of Hushmat in the doors, the entire floor, the entire hatch and both rear quarter panels, plus two huge sheets of 1/4" Hushmat Silencer Megabond to cover the floor, on top of the layer of Hushmat itself we laid down. Even without any music playing, the difference is clearly noticeable. Even tapping my rear quarter panels yields a huge reduction in resonance.

Oh yeah, here're some exterior pictures, so you can see the newly shaved hatch cover. I also have my winter wheels & tires on the car right now (same as previous, 17x7 Ace Mantas with stock size Avon Tech M550s)....
As soon as the stuff comes in, I will cut and install it on both cars and shoot pictures to share with everyone here. My plan is to on a fair-weather day open the doors, clean the scraped up areas best I can, do some minor buffing and then cut, peel and stick the molding I ordered to the frame area that's affected.

-Ed

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

has anyone found a solution to prevent the scratch marks on the door? i was thinking putting clear tape on it.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Don't laugh but I had to use skinny a** scotch tape, yes the regular tape to cover that area. I recently took it off and it look good still under. I thought water would get under and ruin it, but it did not. I replaced it with some wide transparent wrapping masking tape for mailing packages. It gets the job done for me at least. The 3M tape where you need to order it is not high on my list. Rather save money for other mods.

I also notice that on top of the door where the seal meets there is paint fading or accumulation of alot of dirt. Its light faded looking and has a rough feel. Have not really scratch with my fingernail to see if its really paint deteriorating or dirt. Not really a fan of this rubber seal barrier thing. I know in the older cars I use to drive it was not like this.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I use a long strip of clear automotive duct tape to protect mine. I think it's holding up well, but haven't checked yet. This summer I'll pull it off and put new tape on.

philipa_240sx

Sorry, deleted the following by accident.

Elton Norway wrote: Some members (including me) found a more permanent solution using 3M types of Paint Protection Film. Mine has been on for about a year and looks as good as the day I installed it. (And still no scratches in the paint finish) :dblthumb: Cheap to find on eBay and easy to apply. You can read more about it in this thread:

att-all-rogue-owners-scratching-of-pain ... 31851.html

Return to “Rogue Forum”