Did you know...?

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

I brought this up elsewhere, so I'm bringing it up here too. I'm new to Nissans, so I am finding a lot of cool little things every other day (didn't read all of the manual yet) about my car. The two I've listed below are not features of my 06' Charger. Not sure if all Nissans are like this, but did you know?

If you have push button start you can still listen to the radio with the car off. Sure you don't have an ACCESSORY position (no ignition switch), but you can do it. Yep, with the car off and the foot OFF the pedal, push the start button. Magically, the radio will work now. I think if you push it twice it acts as an ignition switch in the ON position.

if you pull the wiper stalk towards you within a few seconds of shutting the car off, the wiper blades will stop in the middle of the windshield. Good for wiper replacement or if you like to pull your wipers from the windshield when parked during bad weather.

Add your own and if we get on a roll, maybe it will become a sticky! :dblthumb:

too_lazy
Car: 2011 JUKE SV AWD
gunmetal metallic

For iphone 4 users(not sure if other versions have this problem):

If you have the iphone plugged in to the USB slot and listening to music, and someone calls you through the bluetooth system, it will bug out if you answer it through the car.

My method to making it work:
1) Press the audio power button to turn off
2) unplug the usb cord
3) answer the call through the phone
4) tell person to hold for a second
5) press audio sources and choose bluetooth

ABSOLUTELY UNSAFE and defeats the purpose of handsfree! However, it is still a workaround nonetheless.

This is for those people that do not want to go through the better way which is to do the jailbreak and changing a specific setting.

catwoman04
Car: 2007 Versa SL Silver Hatchback with sport and tech packages, 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara and 2011 Juke AWD SL Sapphire Blue Onyx with Navigation...waiting for spoiler

GRey1 wrote:I brought this up elsewhere, so I'm bringing it up here too. I'm new to Nissans, so I am finding a lot of cool little things every other day (didn't read all of the manual yet) about my car. The two I've listed below are not features of my 06' Charger. Not sure if all Nissans are like this, but did you know?

If you have push button start you can still listen to the radio with the car off. Sure you don't have an ACCESSORY position (no ignition switch), but you can do it. Yep, with the car off and the foot OFF the pedal, push the start button. Magically, the radio will work now. I think if you push it twice it acts as an ignition switch in the ON position.

if you pull the wiper stalk towards you within a few seconds of shutting the car off, the wiper blades will stop in the middle of the windshield. Good for wiper replacement or if you like to pull your wipers from the windshield when parked during bad weather.

Hi GRey1! Are you moonlighting over on this website? LOL I read on the other forum about the wiper blade thingy. I'm not quite sure what you mean about pulling the wipers towards me when the car shuts off. Do I have to jump out quickly and reach around to the windshield? My arms aren't that long you know. You say to pull them towards me. Not sure what you mean by that if I'm sitting in the car.

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

Ahh, my lovely Catwoman from the Great North. Shut the car off and pull the wiper stalk towards you (as if you want to squirt out washer fluid). The blades will come up and stop in the middle of the windshield (no need to leave your lovely seat). Glad to have you aboard.
:naughty:
catwoman04 wrote:
GRey1 wrote:I brought this up elsewhere, so I'm bringing it up here too. I'm new to Nissans, so I am finding a lot of cool little things every other day (didn't read all of the manual yet) about my car. The two I've listed below are not features of my 06' Charger. Not sure if all Nissans are like this, but did you know?

Hi GRey1! Are you moonlighting over on this website? LOL I read on the other forum about the wiper blade thingy. I'm not quite sure what you mean about pulling the wipers towards me when the car shuts off. Do I have to jump out quickly and reach around to the windshield? My arms aren't that long you know. You say to pull them towards me. Not sure what you mean by that if I'm sitting in the car.

catwoman04
Car: 2007 Versa SL Silver Hatchback with sport and tech packages, 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara and 2011 Juke AWD SL Sapphire Blue Onyx with Navigation...waiting for spoiler

Thanks GRey1! I had to read your response a few times because I kept thinking you meant the actual wiper blade everytime you said wiper "stalk". Then a light went off in my head and I realized you meant the wiper lever in the car. So when the wiper blades come up and stop in the middle of the windshield, can I go out and pull them forward so they are no longer resting against the windshield?

I started out in this website before I moved to the other one. Although this one has better smilies, the other one was way more fun! I wish they had all those smilies on the other forum. They even have a ninja smilie! How cool is that!! :squint:

catwoman04

I like using the automatic temperature control in the car. In the climate mode I push the large round button on the left side until the word AUTO appears on the screen. Then you set the temperature you want in the car. The car will automatically adjust the fan speed and also where the air blows out until the car reaches the desired temperature. The car will then reduce the fan speed automatically and may change the air flow to feet only, for example. If the car gets cold, the fan speeds up again.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

On a call, want to shut off the car but keep in ACC.

Step on brake, put in 1st gear, let out clutch. Keeps the call on the stereo, car is not running. ;)

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”