Did you get an email invitation?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

I don't know if this is across North America but I received this on July 18th... (I actually just noticed it yesterday)!

If you've subscribed to Nissan's updates on the Rogue- check you emails!

-- -- -- -- --

Don’t give up your exclusive chance to preview the new Nissan Rogue.

At Nissan, we know you deserve nothing less than the best. And you want to be prepared for anything life throws at you. Which is why you’re invited to join us for an exciting preview of the 2008 Rogue, an all-new small crossover vehicle from Nissan.

You can attend the event at:

[Nissan Dealership’s Address]

Monday, August 13

PIN = ******

Life starts here. Look forward to it.

This sneak preview is your rare opportunity to discover every rich detail before everyone else. Featuring athletic design, nimble handling, hip attitude and responsive performance, it will take you from one extreme in your life to another stylishly and safely.

Click here and enter your pin to confirm your attendance.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

That's awesome!

If you go.. be sure to take your camera with you and report back to us with your impressions!

barrelgal

Looks like today is the day on the invite you got. I hope you went and have a good report out for us.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Ok, well, I tumbled through an Orange-Alloy colored SL for over an hour, and I found the interior to be quite roomy, with lots of legroom for me (I’m 5’10”) in the driver’s seat, however it may be a little cramped for you if you’re over 6 foot.

Sitting in the back seat I had good legroom as well (even with the front seat all the way back), although I did find the rear seats to be kind of stiff and upright.

The trunk was smaller than what I thought it would be, (there wasn’t much depth with the seats up, of course, better with the seats down) and the hidden storage compartment, although useful, really didn’t do anything for me.

The model I sat in had a sunroof which made the ceiling very low (the front seats are height adjustable, though). The glove box is a cavern! I thought the side (blind spot) visibility was pretty good. I don’t recall the rear visibility but some other posters have mentioned that it’s not the best, because of the shape of the rear lift.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t take it out for a spin- it was only a showcase model but someone from a dealership did have the opportunity to test it out in another post: zerothread/271743 Despite that at the dealership I went to they had already pre-sold 2!

All in all I think it’s great for singles or couples without kids… With kids (with a stroller + groceries / luggage, etc) the cargo is still do-able but it might be a little tight. The Rogue is still a main contender for me. I found it attractive and comfortable and I’ll probably go and check it out again when they have it available for a test drive.

Note: there is no NAV in any model level (it would be much cheaper to buy and aftermarket GPS anyway) and in Canada, if you want Bluetooth you have to go for the top of the line AWD + leather + tech package!

Return to “Rogue Forum”