Detailing stuff

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
alicefred
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX

Maybe this topic has been discussed before, but honestly I don't know where to start from. There are a large variety of car care products for everything from cleaners to waxes available in the market to choose from. I want to know which products do you guys like, dislike and recommend to others. Well, I am not a big fan of any specific brand. Looking forward to hear from your end.

Thanks for your inputs.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Currently, I'm really like the Turtle Wax Ice products and the Auto Glym rapid detailler. There both worth the price.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

alicefred wrote:Maybe this topic has been discussed before, but honestly I don't know where to start from. There are a large variety of car care products for everything from cleaners to waxes available in the market to choose from. I want to know which products do you guys like, dislike and recommend to others. Well, I am not a big fan of any specific brand. Looking forward to hear from your end.

Thanks for your inputs.
You can start here:http://ibc34.com/ALIEN_LIQUID/2010/11/0 ... ed-finish/

bhrees
Car: 2011 M37x in platinum graphite with graphite interior and premium package

depending on your region and paint condition you can use a variety of things

you're in California, but is your paint in excellent condition?

do you need to attempt a paint correction or swirl removal?

is price a concern?

I'm in Ohio, its winter right now so i'm using Klasse All-in-One follow by Klasse High Gloss sealant glaze. this will provide the protection i need from road salt.

you may have to try a few items to determine what you like, consider this

sealants make water bead and last a long time (4 months to a year) and have excellent reflective properties

waxes have a deeper glow and some can even give you a sweet wet look

sealants go on easy and come off easy, waxes require more work (some you have to do by hand, and I mean with Hands)

Return to “Detailing Forum”