Datsun 210 engine swap - which motor.

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
MattW
Car: 1979 Datsun 210 Coupe

So yeah, my '79 poo brown 210 is going to be coming off the road until about April. I want to change out the engine and trans, since it's an auto. What sort of engine will go in there, and wouldn't be too hard to do. I know a rotary would be the most common choise, so that's what I'm leaning towards.

Also, what would be needed to be done to the car, so that it could run an EFI engine?

Thanks,Matt.

z210
Car: datsun b210

you have asked a loaded question, too many answers. i would also say that the rotary is not the most common. before you even take the motor out, first decide how much money you have to spend. what is your budget for the swap? depending on what that number is, will greatly reflect what engine you can drop in.

so, if you're looking to not spend too much money and remain carburated, you could drop in an l20b or maybe a nap z engine. these are plentiful in the bone yard. if you can spend a little more then i would drop in a ka24e or de engine from a 240. if you have bank, then hold out for an sr20det.

give us some more info, like how much fab work are you able to do, and how much power you are looking to get.

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”