Dashboard removal

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Smo
Car: 2015 versa

Anyone know how to remove dashboard on2015 versa?

Smo
Car: 2015 versa

How do you remove the dash to get to blower motor on 2015 versa?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Smo, welcome to NICO Club!

One of the best things we have here, imho, is access to Factory Service Manuals (FSM). You'll want to look at the instructions for the interior to see dash removal I believe. Oh, hmmm, well, we have the FSM for 2014 and 2016 so you will have to see which is closest to yours. Honestly, I think either will work to get you in there. BTW - look in the FSM for blower motor as well, you may just have to take out the glove box and some parts instead of the whole dash. I'm not sure. The links take you to a page of links. Each of those links is a chapter. The FWD chapter has the table of contents, so start there. Here are links to those FSMs:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2016%20Versa%20Note/
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2014%20Versa%20Note/

Note14
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa Note SV

RIP FSM’s
But I did find a pdf for my 14 versa note, though it says just versa it has to be close, right?
Negative battery terminal? Check.
Instrument lower panel? Check.
Knee bolster? Check.
Accelerator pedal assembly? Erm, check.
Brake pedal assembly? Well no, actually.
Unbolt pedal assembly from master cylinder? Ok, yes but receiving end on master cylinder is this fork that accepts the brake pedal shaft and depresses the master when you push the brake, which won’t let the pedal assembly clear, so no.
Remove fork from master? After turning this bit for 10-20 minutes I decided to mark the center bolt to see if the freely turning fork was turning with it, and it was. That whole time, turning and turning. For nada.
Without removing that massive brake pedal assembly, there would be no hope getting that fan even near the driver side upper footwell narnia where it resides. The forked bit on the master cylinder does have a lock bolt behind it, it may be possible to loosen that and remove the fork and finally access the blower motor, but I wouldn’t know I ran out of steam when I didn’t have the right size wrench on me and didn’t want to walk back to the apartment.
Last hurrah, I pulled the instrument cluster thinking maybe the dash route is the only way, and lo! I can clearly see the fan, unencumbered and still completely out of reach, after which I became certain the best way to replace this fan motor is under the dash.
The manual says to remove a clevis pin, never heard of but it’s the greased pin that connects the brake pedal shaft and the fork from the master with a cotter pin sealing the deal, and the pedal assembly comes free. Not so much in my case.
Could be a different manual, versa vs. versa note but I’d be a lil surprised if they separately engineered this part for each car, though I’ve seen stranger things.
Also, the FSM doesn’t mention any of the bolt sizes, 10mm on some of the dash stuff, deep 13mm socket for the brake assembly, 15mm or bigger on that lock bolt behind the fork just not sure since I didn’t have most of my wrenches handy.
And OF COURSE my blower motor would crap out on the official start of 90-100 degree weather...
I’ll report back when weather and sunlight permits.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I hope you directly jumper tested the blower before deciding it was bad, you'll be pissed if it turns out to be another issue.

Return to “Versa General Chat”