damian666robin build thread...

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

i apreciatte all kinds of opinion, like i sayd before only those who really know the real deal will know what they really are.one of my best friends is prob the biggest LA hommie guy and he knew rite away what it was, his like oh i know what thing is! is a JAPANESE MAPLE LEAF!!!! "you thought because im a hommie i am ignorant??? "

so you know....those who really know....WILL know what it is and those who never did their school homework.....well the answer is obvious! they think is MOTA!........suck it up man!......

when i first saw the TETSU GTR i thought the same i thought he had weed leafs on his hood so im like daaaamn! but then later i read his article and said it was a japanese maple leaf.... so i felt like a big donkey!

believe me i am used to going off the norm with my rides, it started buying this cube lol!

i remember when i saw the first show car with japanese blooms! people were laiughing about his graphics saying "why will you put a dumb piece of branch as a sticker"..........i say it prob took like a year for the people to realize what really was......later i counted more than 20 show cars with the same japanese blooms as a graphics.....i knew rite away it was gonna be a little dramatic because it does look so similar but it is a lot of diference once you compare next to each other........i cant complain for good or bad commentts when i almost did it on purpose first because is a really japanese themed graphic second because it flows with the cube been japanese and third for the fun of the peoples reaction on the streets....i am having a kick out off it. im serious.....lol!

damian666robin

here it is TETSU GTR Image

here is the weed leaf

weed is a 9 pointerjapanese maple leaf is a 7 pointer

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

hmm... you learn something new everyday, good luck explaining to the man, that it is a Japanese Maple leaf.... lol....

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

he should be fine as long the leaves are not green on the cube

damian666robin

We finally pick up a set of wheels for the cube since we kinda need to get ready for the big brake kit project and the j lines wont be done anytime soon from now so here they are

a hoodless pic currently under project !

XXR wheels 962 18"x7.5"38 offset

the front wheels looks just about fine but the rear ones still look like they can use a small 10mm spaceri choose a 35 series falken tire since i am upgrading the single rockford fosgate p1 to a pair of thems so once the box with the pair of woofers goes inside of the cube the back will tilt a bit morepretty happy with the wheels since the have the lip size that a 18x9.5 will have so they are a good choice for a wheel with lip

NOW OFF TO ROTORA!!!!!

elDizzle_foShizzle
Car: 09 Cube 1.8SL

lookin sweet mang! you going with a CF hood? those kicks are tight. nice stance dude! it's starting to come together! the graphics are starting to grow on me!

damian666robin

thanks yeah the carbon hood should be ready this coming week prob. around wednesday or thursday hopefully.here are a couple pics of how i install the kicker tweeters, i attached them to the pillars, with not much dificulty.and just swap the single P1 to a pair of P1,s i remove that 5 channel amp and im gonna run a PRIME 500/1 amp from rockford fosgate simple woofer box for now nothing crazy

monsterbum
Car: bippu

nice ride damian n robin .. keep up the good work

damian666robin

thanks!.......

while i am still waiting for the bew hood i finally got time to finish the sound system so no more messing around with wires...i am done...and i am happy lol!i finish the installation of the front components kickersso here it iskicker front speakers

i installed the crossovers on the little piece next to the floor on each side, i thought they look too cool to hide them inside the door panels.

replaced the hi fonics 5 channel amp for a sweet rockford fosgate prime 500/1, here is the bass knob

with the cube i tryed something diferent with the wiring of the front speakers, usually i use the oem wiring set up to ease my labor, but this time i decided to run fresh new wires so i can leave the oem speaker conection intact, i know sometimes run wires thru those door harness ruber covers, well it did took me a while but this is how you can do it

stick a flat screwdriver in bettwen the oem speakers once it goes thru tape the new speaker line to the tip of the screwdriver then just pull

damian666robin

so thats it for the sound the cube haves a very very loud trunk now lol!SOUND FINISHED!!!!......
Modified by damian666robin at 11:12 AM 8/28/2009

lkptpete
Car: 2009 cube

OK, I mustered up the confidence to pull the A-Pillars (have to pull harder than you think). Now, onto the front and rear doors. Since you have already done it, wanted to pick your brain. Please step by step for door panel removal. Just don't want to hurt my cube! Thanks!-Pete

damian666robin

glad the post help all door panels have the same procedure start by removing the little screw that holds the window closer.after that gently pull the door panel from the speaker area and then the rest pops off, after that just lift the panel up and your are doneOH i forgot have a flat screw driver ready because you will need to unplugg the window controller after you remove the screw on it.the window controller also pops off very easythe only diference on the front door panels is that piece on top of the door panel,that piece also just pops off check the pics here i think i cover some of that part of the door panels

damian666robin

carbon hood is on! cube looks nice pics later tonight

damian666robin

CARBON FIBER HOOD IS HERE!!!!!ok we pick up the hood today finallyfitment seems pretty good (considering that i got the prototype)at first it didnt want to close so i even end up removing the center grill to see if it need it extra adjustments....the problem was those rubber grips that hold the hood when is closed i had to adjust them all way downafter that the rest was piza cake

EnjoiNismo
Car: 93 240sx

nom nom nomCF hood seems to fit well.i like the cube

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Wow man, love the hood! Who's producing it?

damian666robin

dont know they wont say?

damian666robin

damian666robin wrote: dont know they wont say?
i will call the guy tomorrow and see if he haves plans to sell it himself or if his gonna sell the mold to a known company, i noticed rite away thats what he does mainly, when we drop the hood i noticed other carbon fiber product brands so i realize he is the one who create thems then sell them to the companys that originally say they create it.hopefully he will sell it himself as it will be a lot cheaper than if he sells it to a famous company

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Oh ok cool I see. Yeah he could make some decent money, maybe. I'd buy one!

elDizzle_foShizzle
Car: 09 Cube 1.8SL

that ride's lookin' pimp, damian! i bow down!

1HoTcUbE
Car: 09 Cube

Looks good! I want one of these but will wait due to me having a black car anyway..

damian666robin

im gonna have a talk to the guy monday, hopefully i will deliver some good news here for all cube drivers for the carbon hood

damian666robin

we had some fun taking some funny cube pics and i also added some rear spacers, i wanted a little more flushed look so i got some small spacers for the back

purple blinkers

i found a nice purpose for that caddy

the rotoras are cooking as we speak and also the cube is getting a custom vented box for all the sound system too

1HoTcUbE

what was the process of doing that to your blinkers? I want to remove the amber in mine also and clear it..any suggestions?

damian666robin

well....it is gona be a problem because the blinker is amber from factory already not painted so the only way to do it getting a hold of the japanese blinker

on my case i didnt even open the headlight all i did was a camera effect.....lol!

1HoTcUbE

lol i know that...im thinking about just removing the lens..but im not sure..

damian666robin

i was looking the other day at the japanese version of the cube and making comparison but the only thing they have is the sunroof and the headlights have the blinker cleared so i think the only way to get it is gona have to be ordering the jdm headlights or the clear jdm blinkers which i dont think they will sell separateother than that i think is all the same.....oh wait the front seat is diferent to they have that cool center divider, we dont

damian666robin

monday night big night! i droped the cube today at rotora and i will pick it up monday lunchtime cant wait!!!!!

Team ATI

Hi, been following your build and wanted to say what an awesome job you are doing personalizing your Cube and at the same time, getting parts prototypes on your ride!

Awesome to hear Rotora is in on the action too! Keep it coming

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

coming along nicely!

there's a few things i would change but that's why it's your car.

keep up the good work.

Return to “Cube Forum”