Daily KA24DET

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
syka24et
Car: Turbo cars

Why not a stand alone??? Most of the time buying a jwt ecu with a afc will end costing almost as much as a stand alone which will work better check out haltech or sds.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

She just wants somthing to help her lean out her A/F mix. Not a $1500 system she has to tune from scratch.

WD

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Well, since you're in Knoxville, TN, it's not a ridiculously long drive to Bowling Green, KY. I'm doing everything in my power to have my Holley Pro Commander 950 Standalone installed before the March meet.

If I can get all the sensors and wiring sorted out and get on Holley's dyno, I'll have a map tuned for 50lb. injectors that would only need minor adjustments once I'm done to fit your setup (or you could just buy 50 lb injectors). I would simply have to put it on a disk and you could load it onto your computer...that's all it would take.

And if you're lucky, I could get the standalone for around $800. Beats the hell out of JWT in my opinion...and the Apex'i and HKS units as well.

GirlRacerS14
Car: Cars and motorcycles and racing both of them hard and fast

cnichols wrote:installed before the March meet.
March meet? And that is where? Cause if it's the one in Knox like last year, it's proabably cancelled. It was my ex that set it up.And WD was right, i don't need anything i have to do a lot to all the time. There are not many Nissan Junkies here and the ones that are have been threatened(not by me) to keep their hands off my ride. So i need simple unless i take the car somewhere else to have it tuned etc....

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Check out the NICO meets section...we're in the process of deciding between the 8th and the 15th. It will be based mostly on which date will guarantee access to the 1/4 mile track (Beech Bend). You need to come if you can...it should be fairly big. And make sure to bring any other Nissan/Infinitis in the area, or at least make them aware.

Joe

AkaiRPS13 wrote::squint 4 grand plus install at a muffler shop.:fruit

for that kind of cash you can almost get an RB. no way am I paying that much for what I can do/have done for half that. the prices on those turbo kits are ridiculous. If you go around and find the same parts for retail, use their kit as a shopping list, you would probobly save money. I sure as hell don't have 4000 dollars lying around.

that was the first thing i said when i saw the price of a KAT kit

too bad if you buy everything seperatley it comes out to more than 4000. I came from hondas and could get a Drag kit for less than 3000$ and run 8psi daily. the first time i saw the price of 4400$ for a fmax kit i started laughing. till i started looking for **** seperatley.

the kits DO come with everything. EVERYTHING

and because he has a 98 he probably cant run an RB25 because of emissions.just like myself. i wanted an RB swap so damn bad but cant do it because of emissions.... OBDII is gay.

AceInhole

Quote » The engine is built to handle probably whatever boost i want to give it but we didn't refine the air/fuel mixture. i've got an upgraded MAF, FMU, 370 cc injectors and a Walbro fuel pump, but he said it still wasn't safe for high boost. (All that was just to get my daily back on the road running until we finished it up.) And yes it's running rich if you were wondering....[/quote]Ignoring the FMU.... the setup should be good for like ~10psi safely (since we don't know what rate the FMU is). I'm wondering if you're running rich because of the FMU though.... if there is fuel control for the 370's, the FMU should not be necessary. Anyways, if you have an upgraded ECU, just pop the molding off the passenger side where the ECU is and take a look. If it's a JWT it should be marked.
GirlRacerS14 wrote:Well i've got a turbo KA with about 30K on it. My opinion is do some serious engine work first cause once you get into the boost you want more. I'm running a T04E at 7 psi daily, but it's nice to know you can crank it when you want. and having gone through 3 engines i would rather build it up the first time.
Not trying to argue, just voicing my opinion as well....If you run a good enough fuel system (lol... jokes on me with that) that at a "measely" 7psi there isn't such a great danger of blowing the engine up.

I ran 9psi for a while daily with no harm done, ran 7psi daily otherwise since I installed my turbo earlier this year. I've also run at 12psi, but with such a small turbo (TD05 12B) I was definitely over the limit of my turbo. I know 2 other KAt's personally who run 7psi daily with no probs on stock engines, one with a Garrett T04 S/O .84 A/R, the other with a huge *** KKK. No problems dealing with boost.

bigdave240
Car: cars, riding motorcycles

Daunttless wrote:Blah, yeah, z31, mistype. The early to mid 80s 300ZXs. Your logic may or may not be accurate, dependant upon its application. Thats one of the major problems, very little generalization is possible. : ) Suffice to say if you have a split bank engine or a horozontally opposed, that kind of logic will work, but it won't work on an inline engine. : (

My bad, I knew what I meant. : )

some of the Z31's came with t25's anyway. at least the 88-89'd did, all the others came with t3s.

JayPat83

5200 for KA turbo kit consisting for t3/t4, 34in FMIC, custom manifold, blitz SS, 91 exhaust cam, apexi AFC, ACT clutch, 370 injectors, piping, downpipe, boost egt a/f oil pressure gauges, gauge pods, turbo timer, battery relocated to trunk, intsalled, tuned to 7 lbs. of boost with about 270 to the wheels by UH in ATL. GA.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”