D1 Grand Prix Event @ Irwindale on Aug 31

Including HI and CA
SilFortyTypeX
Car: Cars, Driving, Video Games, Computer

Awesome event, that Hatchi-Roku's engine sounded beautiful, must have been an AE101. Although I didnt want that awesome Nissan to lose either, somebody had to lose. Awesome show! Anybody who has some footage, I want it, I'll give you blank tapes or whatever to copy to for me! :D

gabossie
Car: Your mom

It was awesome to see that hachi win, but it was heartbreaking to see the s15 hit the wall. At least HKS can afford it :pface It really hurt to see that red FD hit though, I went and talked to the guy (a US driver) and he said that it would have to be a parts car now and that he would have to figure out how to get a new FD. That car was his daily driver too, but he also has an S14 :D

NeedCAforS13
Car: E21 320i
HJ75 Land Cruiser

PICTURES!!! you cali guys suck with all your cool drift events, at least let everyone see what we missed!:D

Sean

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Here is one of my girlfriend and Nobuteru Taniguchi, the HKS S15 driver who came in second....Here's Calvin Wan's (US driver) FD, the one Gabossie mentioned, after hitting the wall twice during the competition....ouch....

drifter

Ken Nomura's Skyline sedan....drool......My bro and I

We didn't get a lot of actual drift pics cause we were so mesmerized.....:)

drifter

The Do-Luck Supra

drifter

Kazuya Bai!Here's one of their cars:

mickee
Car: car

ill post my pictures later.....

oh and i got a 1000Yen signed by koguchi....

gabossie
Car: Your mom

What's the furthest anyone here came for the event? I only drove about 10 min, but I know there were a bunch of people from Norcal and I overheard some random guy saying he came from Florida!

fakts13

dang, i wish i coulda enjoyed more of the event, but my bosses had pimped me and some friends out to Falken to mount tires and be Koguchi and Yamamoto's mechanics... Man we mounted soooooooo many tires (basically for anyone running falken's and for the Kei-office S15 and the blitz R34)... finally! after many sleepless nights, hot days of test driving cars, and working my arse off, i get to rest! i got some D1 drivers to sign my pit shirt too, so it was pretty cool. oh yah, sorry i didn't get a chance to talk at all w/ you Kenny, we were REALLY busy!

fakts13

i also heard that last nite was the first time Irwindale Speedway has hit full capacity, which was why they had closed the parking lot in the afternoon. crazy, need another place to hold the event soon if this motorsport continues to grow.

kym
Car: rally, drift, code, etc.

The Slipstream staff and I would like to thank everyone who came out to the first US D1GP event for their patience in the lines and parking and most of all, their enthusiasm. We hope to see you all at the next event.

Here are my pictures from the media stage:

All 1600x1200 images and movies can be found in this directory: http://www.kymphan.net/host/030_-_D1GP_08-31-03/750x562 images can be found in the subdirectory \750\: http://www.kymphan.net/host/03.../750/

One of the opening drifts: http://www.kymphan.net/host/03...3.MOV

In formation..

It's all about the media pass.

Remember when the FD fishtail'ed into the Tein 350Z? Here's a piece of the teal FD I got:Movie here: http://www.kymphan.net/host/03...5.MOV

The red/white RSR drift car

The silver JIC 350Z whose front end kissed a wall

kym
Car: rally, drift, code, etc.

Team SCIC Slipstream and a few Rotora boys [Sorry for the blurry pic]

Where the teal FD hit. Poor Tein guy :(

Woo woo! Team SCIC Slipstream and the umbrella girls

The winn0r.

Under zee hood of the winn0r

Some nice rear ends

Woo woo! Livin' it up!

My favourite picture.

One the final chases: http://www.kymphan.net/host/03...1.MOV

Holisticbeatz

fakts13 wrote:dang, i wish i coulda enjoyed more of the event, but my bosses had pimped me and some friends out to Falken to mount tires and be Koguchi and Yamamoto's mechanics... Man we mounted soooooooo many tires (basically for anyone running falken's and for the Kei-office S15 and the blitz R34)... finally! after many sleepless nights, hot days of test driving cars, and working my arse off, i get to rest! i got some D1 drivers to sign my pit shirt too, so it was pretty cool. oh yah, sorry i didn't get a chance to talk at all w/ you Kenny, we were REALLY busy!
It was just by chance I saw you Chris. I was just checkin out the Falken cars and models when I saw you working away on some D1 driver's car. The mid-day heat, the engine heat and the hustle and bustle of the pit area was crazy! I don't know how you do it, I got tired just standing there watching you. LOL~! I'll catch ya another time..

DRT_240sx
Car: 95 zenki 240sx se

The show was great!! I drove 4 hours to get there,but it was worth it. I was right in front of were the fd the first time and also when the r32 hit. I could feel all the tire ash hit my face. I loved the show and will attend anymore to come.

Doraemon
Car: my car.

best.event.ever.

yeswepromise

i agree with you alfy. hmm i didnt make it to Signal today, and i think they are closed tomorrow, so i think i will try to go wednesday to see what is going on.

BuudWeizErr

MOAR PICS!

sr20power
Car: S14 Zenki

the event was incredibly.... :asmile

drt_240sx: i was right there where the rx-7 hit the wall the first time........it was crazy, everybody around us only took one step back when it hit the wall. then they pushed us back 5 ft. which only lasted until the next car started.

i thought there would be more pictures.....?

mickee

here you effin bums....

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289245645

more to come lol

DRT_240sx

sr20power wrote:the event was incredibly.... :asmile

drt_240sx: i was right there where the rx-7 hit the wall the first time........it was crazy, everybody around us only took one step back when it hit the wall. then they pushed us back 5 ft. which only lasted until the next car started.

i thought there would be more pictures.....?

Really!! I was wearing a black shirt that said Drifters. Maybe i saw you there. i rate the show a 10 out of 10

DRT_240sx

Two of my boys had there cars in the car show. One was the Vw Bug and the other was Nsx. There crew is Performance autoworx. The are both from my home town.

fakts13

hey mickee, you didn't get any pics of me and my boys workin our asses off at the Falken booth? hahaha, jk

mickee

haha yeah i did.... my friends brother... i forgot his name... i didnt know he works with you guys at that falken booth...

he is thai.. kinda skinny....you guys were workign hard... and why did you guys hire a ridiculous annoying DJ.. but good job on the models.... courtney woohoo... and that big breasted chickk....

well here are some of my favoriteshere are the favorite ones i took

mickee

DOING THIS EQUAL THIS

mickee

fakts13

haha, WE didn't hire the DJ, Falken did, we were just working for them for the event. hahaha, yah he was really annoying!

jdmfreak

I just noticed the APC sticker on the 180 sx truck conversion. I never thought Id see the APC sticker on on of these cars.

yeswepromise

APC owns them now <3

yeswepromise

nice pics mickee

Return to “California Region”