CVT Auxiliary Cooler Install

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
MarkusD
Car: 2013 Rogue

thanks for the help guys, The car has 51.5k miles on it so I'm pushing it as far as the original warranty. I thought the extended warranty only applied to 2010 and older. Mine is a 2013. If I can't get this extended warranty then it makes no sense of ever returning to a dealer again unless it's a specialty item I guess.

Also yes with my remaining 8.5k miles I will look into other dealerships, than the one mentioned above who wants 120/h to diagnose.

As I'm sure like many of you, I have invested countless hours trying to figure this out and have stressed out like a mofo, I have bought this car second hand from a dealer, haven't even made a payment and haven't even put 1k miles on it yet. If I can't get anything done on warranty how can I get the BBB involved in making at least the dealer take this car back under NY's Lemon law. It is frustrating knowing I have financed a car that will most likely Sh** the bed.

But if the path of least resistance for a long term solution is re routing the trans fluid to an aux cooler and using fully synthetic fluid I might just have to go that route.

DKB827
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

kots1 wrote:This is a good and cheaper alternative right here and complete with instructions:
**Can't post URLs**

has anyone ordered and used this adapter? would this void the extended warranty? I have been getting the CVT whine(2009 Rogue 2WD SL 42K) especially during 100+mile road trips during the summer but I have never experienced the fail safe mode. I am going to drain and fill the CVT fluid but this doesn't seem to be a long term solution at all.

DKB827

DKB827 wrote:
kots1 wrote:This is a good and cheaper alternative right here and complete with instructions:
**Can't post URLs**

has anyone ordered and used this adapter? would this void the extended warranty? I have been getting the CVT whine(2009 Rogue 2WD SL 42K) especially during 100+mile road trips during the summer but I have never experienced the fail safe mode. I am going to drain and fill the CVT fluid but this doesn't seem to be a long term solution at all.

just thought I would update. I went to change the CVT fluid and found that my car already has the transmission cooler installed. I had bought the car certified pre-owned from a dealership with about 19K on it, so I guess the dealer installed the cooler at some point. after about a 30 min drive I checked the fluid level before draining and the level was well below the hash marks on the dip stick. I drained the fluid and added about 4.5 quarts after driving around for about 15-20 mins I checked the fluid level and it was above the hash marks but below the Hot line. fluid change has fixed the whine for now. I wonder if my problem was just the low fluid level.

disallow
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - 110000 km
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 270000km

DKB827 wrote:
DKB827 wrote:

just thought I would update. I went to change the CVT fluid and found that my car already has the transmission cooler installed. I had bought the car certified pre-owned from a dealership with about 19K on it, so I guess the dealer installed the cooler at some point. after about a 30 min drive I checked the fluid level before draining and the level was well below the hash marks on the dip stick. I drained the fluid and added about 4.5 quarts after driving around for about 15-20 mins I checked the fluid level and it was above the hash marks but below the Hot line. fluid change has fixed the whine for now. I wonder if my problem was just the low fluid level.
Wonder where it went? Perhaps the dealer didn't fill properly after the cooler install?

DKB827

disallow wrote:
Wonder where it went? Perhaps the dealer didn't fill properly after the cooler install?

That was my guess as well. also I forgot to check the fluid while the car was running I wonder if that is why the level was above the hash marks after the fill.

Chris_maxima sv
Car: 2010 Nissan Maxima sv

I've been having trouble with my 2010 Nissan Maxima sv my transmission is been on overheating like everyone else here talk to the dealership they said it's going to be an estimate about $2000 to fix so I just want to know what exactly are they changing or adding please let me know if you guys know thanks

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Chris_maxima sv wrote:I've been having trouble with my 2010 Nissan Maxima sv my transmission is been on overheating like everyone else here talk to the dealership they said it's going to be an estimate about $2000 to fix so I just want to know what exactly are they changing or adding please let me know if you guys know thanks
Why don't you ask them?

What does your estimate say?

Most likely they will add an external trans cooler.

sunnydude
Car: '10 Rogue SL AWD

Stupid question. With the four port cooler, this is running cvt fluid through the additional finned cooler? Not tying into antifreeze at all?

DTASFAB

Yes, think of it as a little mini radiator that runs CVT fluid through the transmission as opposed to the primary radiator that runs anti-freeze/coolant through the engine.

This video shows pretty much everything about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPDW9vmWDKo

Return to “Rogue Forum”