Cruise/ Steady Throttle Issue

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Tictakman

I was able to check the "cold" engine and it was reading 1.65 and im guess the block and water in it was about 80-90 degrees (FL location). Assuming that the this number corresponds im guessing the CTS will check out ok; but, I will check the running temps tomorrow to verify.

Anything else to check tomorrow?

I emailed enthalpy, hopefully they return my email.

Zak

neverlift

where you at in florida?
get the warmed up reading, if they are checking out wiring would be my next guess but this is not a stock tune.

Tictakman

I had some time to mess with the car yesterday. I did test the CTS and it seems to be working correctly. I had my temp gun watching the temps and checked voltage w the meter. I was at .25 ohms at about 185-ish degrees which seems accurate from the sheet that gave 3 values on the write-up.

I also read my injectors and checked the numbers on them which are 17113742. These check out to be 75lb or 750 cc injectors. Now, the guy that sold this stuff told me that they were 880 cc so either he is wrong or the tune is wrong,.. Once I send in the ecu next week I will know more and hopefully have more information then.

Zak

Tictakman

Orlando, FL...about 1.5 hrs away from Enthalpy I found out.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Having the wrong size injectors for the tune will definitely cause serious issues. At over 100cc difference I'm really surprised it starts and runs at all. I would think it would be SO lean it wouldn't idle at all.

Not having a WOT Gauge = FAIL.

neverlift

what is the fuel pressure at? maybe the tune is for 750cc at xx fuel pressure.

Its common practice.. I do it too lol.
But if its at stock pressure you know they are at 750cc. and the tune is jack for your setup.

You would be surprised at what a ka will run on afr wise. I idle in the 17:1 I think this makes up most of my mpg.

Tictakman

Fuel pressure is set at 39 with vac attached. I sent the ecu off today to Enthalpy so Im hopefully going to hear from them by the end of the week.

Im guessing the kid thought he had larger injectors and the tune will be for the current injectors that are in the car..but Ill let you guys know.

Once I get it back Im going to check the TPS voltage and then go from there.

Z

Tictakman

I spoke to Martin with Enthalpy last Sunday and he said the tune was for a built engine basically and 750cc injectors. He retuned it for a stock engine and the 750cc injectors still then sent it back to me.

I really havent had time to work on the car but I did reinstall the ecu in hopes that it fixed my issue...but it didnt. Same issues as before. Im going to increase my fuel pressure to about 50 with the vac line off (was recommended) and then start checking tps voltages...and go from there.

Z

WDRacing

Sorry for the no replies, I moved from TX to DE.

Tictakman

No prob WD, hope the move went well. I know how taxing that can be moving from Ohio, to Tenn, to Ga, to now FL...in under 6-ish years. haha

I havent had time to mess with the car since the last post but will hopefully be able to later today and tomorrow. Im going to try to install the injector resistor pack and reset the fuel press when time allows. Also check the tps voltage..

Would a vid help possibly to find the issue?

Zak

WDRacing

Do you have the stock parts lying around by chance?

Tictakman

Yes I have some depending on what ur talking about. u thinking of putting the stock ecu in/mafs/ and injectors?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”