Craftsman C3 19.2 volt Orbital Buffer / Polisher

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
falcondrgn

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and was delighted to see a detailing forum in here. My question is does anyone think the Craftsman C3 19.2 volt Orbital Buffer / Polisher would be sufficient for an amateur like myself who washes and maybe waxes his car 2-3 times a month.

I don't know anything about buffers or polishers so any input would help greatly. I need a cordless buffer since I wax my car on the street a lot. Does anyone have any experience with this buffer? If so will the charge/battery last for buffing a SUV? or would I need to recharge half way through? Thank you all so much for your inputs.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Shouldn't be a problem. I would use it to remove wax after you put it on by hand though. Don't expect it to be able to polish out scratches and such.

Buy lots of bonnets.

falcondrgn

Would it be ok to use this to put the wax on as well? I was hoping this would knock out 2 birds with 1 stone with this.
audtatious wrote:Shouldn't be a problem. I would use it to remove wax after you put it on by hand though. Don't expect it to be able to polish out scratches and such.

Buy lots of bonnets.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

You could but it's messy. Was goes on pretty quick by hand anyway and this should not be considered a buffer.

infinitiandbeyond
Car: 2007 M35x

IMO, Griots Garage has the finest detailing products...period.

Save your elbow grease for tougher jobs. At this link are two electric orbitals I swear by and a unique color-coded pad system matched to the type of polish or wax that you apply.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/ca...ls.do

A very cool new product they have is a carnuba wax on a stick! Although I recommend their "machine polishes" and "Best of Show Wax".

CakeDaddy
Car: Y34,Pathfinder SE, Mercedes CLK500AMG Sport Pkg & A Fleet of Premium Avis Rental Cars

Cordless buffer/polisher This kinda reminds me of the cordless hair clippers I bought. Good idea in the beginning, but later I realized it was a pain, especially when they aren’t fully charged. Now, I would go against using a cordless buffer for the simple fact that you'll need all the power you can get. With it being cordless…. It will degrade in power during the course of your work and you’ll find yourself stuck waiting for it to re-charger while your polish is turning into cement on your paint. May I recommend the following:

http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.htmlPorter Cable 7424 Dual Action & just as InfinitiandBeyond mentioned about the colored pads. It comes with Orange for cutting, Blue for the finessing, Gray for finishing, White for polishing etc…. This has variable speeds Very important!!

This is ideal for novist detailers. The dual action is pretty forgiving and will not allow you to burn your edges.

Sell that Cordless Craftmans as soon as possible before you damage your paint.

Oh..... And do not wax and polish your car outside in the elements with any type of buffer. Your car collects dust and pollen jut as quick after a wash.
Modified by CakeDaddy at 3:33 PM 2/11/2009

Return to “Detailing Forum”