Cost of repairing a wheel and battery

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
paulsiu
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa SV

Car is 2014 Nissan Versa SV.

At the last oil change, the mechanic stated that one of the wheel is bent and should be replaced. I believe the car may have smack the sidewalk at some point. He quoted a price of about $250 to replace, does this seem reasonable?

If the wheel is bent, could they just bent it back to shape?

The battery also needs to be replaced. The car is 4 years old, so it's not surprising. He quoted a price of about $158, does hit seemed reasonable?

Paul

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If wheel is aluminum you can't bend them back, if steel then lightly bent in a very local area I have rebent them back to run fine but more gradual and spread out around the wheel pretty much requires replacement. By local I mean like bent at the edge maybe an inch or two in length. If the wheel is bent enough so that you don't see just a very small spot at rolling it and rather the whole wheel is bent out of true a good amount it is time to get a new one. If considering the edge only and how well it seals to bead of the tire rubber then more than say one half inch dented in from the line is replacement time.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

paulsiu wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 pm
Car is 2014 Nissan Versa SV.

At the last oil change, the mechanic stated that one of the wheel is bent and should be replaced. I believe the car may have smack the sidewalk at some point. He quoted a price of about $250 to replace, does this seem reasonable?

If the wheel is bent, could they just bent it back to shape?
As stated previously fixing it depends on how badly it's bent. For piece of mind, I'd just replace it.
Nissan Versa 15 Inch 4 Lug Steel Rim/15x5.5 4-100 Steel Wheel
Price: 46.43
Shipping Total: 9.95
Total: 56.38
You'll still have to pay for mounting and balancing.
paulsiu wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 pm
The battery also needs to be replaced. The car is 4 years old, so it's not surprising. He quoted a price of about $158, does hit seemed reasonable?

Paul
Batteries for your vehicle range from $70 for a generic that has a 3 month warranty, to over $200 for a premium battery with a 3 year warranty. If it's a quality battery, that price isn't bad.

Return to “Versa General Chat”