Coolant leak, spewing water under intake manifold ?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Island Dude
Car: 1999 Nissan Quest Van

I had a coolant leak problem ( this is 2016) somewhere behind the intake plenum on my 1999 Nissan Quest. I read all of the posts and every contribution helped me get an idea. I'm no mechanic type, but I thought if any info helps someone like me, it's only right I give back.
I dreaded taking off the intake plenum, so started with plan A. The leak was somewhere behind the intake plenum and didn't know where. I saw it
easier spewing at night with a flashlight. I realized after squeezing my hand behind there trying to determine which hose had the wet coolant leak,
it was easier to remove the 2 bolts holding the brake fluid reservoir ( along with the air intake assembly [ whatever it's called]). That helped big time and I didn't have to remove intake plenum. Flashlight
was a big help, cut and removed an almost "u" shaped hose and easy install with new screw clamps and long screw driver. Other hoses may not be that
easy, but it sure beat paying a mechanic big bucks I couldn't afford for a 3.50 ( approx) universal hose replacement. Good Luck.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”