Coolant Change

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I dug through both the service maintenance manual and the OM that came with the Rogue and nowhere did it mentioned to change the coolant. I also did a google search and found that Nissan recommends changing the fluid at 105k, but it was never mentioned with the books and manuals supplied in the Rogue.

What mileage interval do I need to change out the coolant?

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

I know that most companies make minor changes to their owner's manuals each year. But I would think that the coolant requirement would be consistent for all 2014- current model year since they all use the same engine, radiator, water pump, etc.

For my 2015 Model year owners manual, it states the intervals for coolant on page 8-8. It confirms the mileage of 105,000 for the initial change/drain.

"This vehicle contains Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue). The life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant is 105,000 miles (168,000 km) or 7 years. Mixing any other type of coolant or the use of non-distilled water will reduce the life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant."

I would have sworn I read somewhere that any subsequent changes should be done no longer than 90,000 miles or 6 years. I'm not planning on keeping our Rogue longer than 10-12 years so I wasn't concerned about additional coolant change intervals beyond the first one to be honest.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Lone Wolff wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 am
I know that most companies make minor changes to their owner's manuals each year. But I would think that the coolant requirement would be consistent for all 2014- current model year since they all use the same engine, radiator, water pump, etc.

For my 2015 Model year owners manual, it states the intervals for coolant on page 8-8. It confirms the mileage of 105,000 for the initial change/drain.

"This vehicle contains Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue). The life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant is 105,000 miles (168,000 km) or 7 years. Mixing any other type of coolant or the use of non-distilled water will reduce the life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant."

I would have sworn I read somewhere that any subsequent changes should be done no longer than 90,000 miles or 6 years. I'm not planning on keeping our Rogue longer than 10-12 years so I wasn't concerned about additional coolant change intervals beyond the first one to be honest.
Thank you! I might have skipped over that section, 8-8 in the OM, when I was looking through for the interval to change the fluid.

Return to “Rogue Forum”