Cool Q for sale looks just like mine!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

This is a crazy mint condition 98 Q. I'm not selling it. Just random browsed it as I know the west coast cities have more i30, Maxima, q45s than the midwest (higher Asian/wealthy population). Only difference is mine is Gold exterior and grey interior. 114,000 miles is nothing! But the $6,000 tag might be a little on the upper end. But certainly not unachievable. I think the good paint job is the selling point moreso than the miles:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/ ... 58983.html

macgiver

you know when there's no engine photos though ................?????????????

98_Q45

Can't imagine it would be too worn and torn lol.

Look at the driver's seat and the wheels still got the mirror shine.

macgiver

ya they'll give a smokei'n good deal with all the smoke coming out the tailpipe ! LOL
I can imagine :facepalm:

But they put the Shinola to the wheels I guess ?They may have some J. C. Whitney "Upgrades too" :lolling:
No disrespect - It's not your car I'm goof'in on , ....ya know.
Last edited by macgiver on Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

98_Q45

macgiver wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:01 pm
ya they'll give a smokei'n good deal with all the smoke coming out the tailpipe ! LOL

But they put the Shinola to the wheels I guess ??They may have some J. C. whitney "Upgrades too" :lolling:
Lol nah you can't make wheels shine like that. Tried it with mine, Polish and all. They'd have to be machined buffed.

But you're right. Who's to say. The suspension and underside probably scarier. But who knows, coulda just been a guy going short distance and barely driving it. Mine had 182,000 toward the end of 2018. But Gawd knows it felt like it had 182 MILLION miles. And probably woulda spent that much had I not found a very reasonable mechanic
Last edited by 98_Q45 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

macgiver

We all try , All God's children just trying to get a ' leg up ' , na ya heare ??

macgiver

Your a good sport 98_Q45 - RESPECT !

98_Q45

macgiver wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:01 pm

But they put the Shinola to the wheels I guess ??They may have some J. C. whitney "Upgrades too" :lolling:
Lol nah you can't make wheels shine like that. Tried it with mine, Polish and all. They'd have to be machined buffed.

But you're right. Who's to say. The suspension and underside probably scarier. But who knows, coulda just been a guy going short distance and barely driving it. Mine had 182,000 toward the end of 2018. But Gawd knows it felt like it had 182 MILLION miles. And probably woulda spent that much had I not found a very reasonable mechanic :crazy:

My brother got burned AGAIN by a used dealership. Paid the truck off finally, and transmission went out. Sold it for scrap. So sad. Exactly why I pay cash and drive old 90s. Ain't got time for the s*** games. Just a waste of money financing cars over 5-10 years old.

macgiver

A piece of CRAP sold for SCRAP - that's an equation goin on too often these days.

macgiver

That dealership should have it printed on their businesss cards ...... " CRAP sold for SCRAP " LOL

98_Q45

Sorry double posted. Can't delete. Ugh.

But right! I'm so over it. Idk even know what I'm going to do. I have 2 cars but I'm afraid some days if they stop running. I'm so over used cars, but my credit won't afford a new one. And not even brand new, but gently used. They want your body and soul for something that only took 18 to 24 hours to build.

The thought of public transport and uber/ lyft royally disgusts me. The infiniti dealer gave me 2 lyft rides while mine was being serviced... I would have rather waited. I did enough public transport in college in the city scums to last a lifetime.
Last edited by 98_Q45 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macgiver

Trouble with the highly reliable Lexus' for example , people keep theirs till "over the hill" , what you see advertised usually a very serious underlying problem - which the owner is RUNNING from

98_Q45

macgiver wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:31 pm
Trouble with the highly reliable Lexus' for example , people keep theirs till "over the hill" , what you see advertised usually a very serious underlying problem - which the owner is RUNNING from
Maybe it's just an airbag light :naughty:

macgiver

I'll leave with this - you've heard of people/dealers that cover the Check eng Light ? :wtf2:

98_Q45

macgiver wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 pm
I'll leave with this - you've heard of people/dealers that cover the Check eng Light ? :wtf2:
I haven't, but I did discover the bulb was actually removed from my 97 Maxima when I was doing some upgrades and swapping the cluster.

It kinda pisses me off considering I've been able to remove several codes over the past few months. People freak out about the check engine light, but if each sensor is replaced as it goes bad, there won't be 10 different codes to chase down the line.

I even got the notoriously difficult knock sensor out on the Maxima. An extended reach swivel head breaker bar and magnetic 12 mm did the trick.

Anyhow, very off topic but figure I'd share. I still think it's a great deal, but price point a bit high. Late 90s/early 2000s Nissan and Infiniti's have been harder to come across since about 2019, and every since the new infiniti upgrades over the last couple years, I'm noticing the 45 is a bit dated and antiquated on the exterior. At the same time, I'm in no hurry to rush out to a car lot, considering my Q just made it from Kansas to Arizona and back, with nothing more than a bit of temperature gauge fluctuating with the A/C on when coming off the highway.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”