Converting XM to Sirius in 07' G35x with Nav. need help!

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Afliction523
Car: 92 S13 KA-T Coupe

hotride wrote:Still not able to find anything about it. Please keep me updated if you find anything though. It might be a bit of a different situation because you can't get nav with sirius, only xm. It seems like you have no nav with sirius and you want xm which I would think would be a simple fix if you switch the tuners.
That is incorrect. I just did a m35 last week. Some of the fleet vehicles come with navigation. Hertz wants us to only install the magellen systems in all the cars... so we have to disable the factory navigation(remove the dvd). I then install the Magellan unit that hertz uses for navigation. Since this is a "prestige" vehicle in their rental line it MUST have sirius installed as well. I then go into the trunk and remove 3 of the retaining clips for the trunk liner and plug in our sirius tuner. It worked fine for me. Now the only thing that seems to differ and confuse me is is why does xm have to be included with the factory navigation. This particular M35 did not have xm on it. It was all ready for it(anteanna was there, and on all 07 M35s and fx35s the harness for sattelite radio is also there in the trunk.(may apply to 06 or 05 also) I would not now if this is only for 07 since I have only worked on 07 models. I think someone needs to contact visteon and ask them about their tuner. I left the model number in a previous post above.

Afliction523

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

These are ebay links is for the xm tuner, it looks exactly the same as the sirius. You can tell on the second link I listed that they look exact. Im willing to bet that a simple tuner swap with a sirius anteanna as well will work.

hotride
Car: G35x

Hey Afliction,

The reason why i was told that it won't work is because the new 07 G35 navigation has a link with XM that updates the Nav unit with traffic updates. So, for instance, if there is traffic ahead, you will see red arrows showing where the traffic is. If there is slight traffic, you will see yellow arrows. This is why you can't get factory navigation with sirius and that it only comes with xm. I don't know if this is the case with other 07 models but thats what I am being told abou thte 07 G35. This is why I feel that a simple swap of tuners and antennas just won't do it but i'm not sure.

Afliction523

That would make sense also. Most of Infinitys systems are very similar. I guess someone will just have to try it. Ill give it a try at work if i can ever find a 07 with nav. I rarely even see them. I guess Hertz has been buying fewer g35s than last year since they have introduced the M35 into the fleet.

hotride
Car: G35x

That would be great if you can try it! That was the one issue that I had when deciding if I wanted the G because i'm a big sirius fan, but i'm not going to decide on a car based on the satellite radio choice. Please keep up updated if you are able to try it out.

Thanks

iowakrz
Car: M35X

I have an M35 with factory nav and Sirius which seems to contradict some of the posts here. I do not get any traffic information on the nav screen.

Afliction523

Thats what i tried explaining. The sirius worked fine with the nav, but yes, there are no traffic updates. I am 99.99999% positive that the systems are all the same. Somebody really needs to just try it.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”