Convertible trunk partition latch not working

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
haleakalag

Hi. New issue today. The 09 g37 convertible trunk partition latch on the right seems to have lost tension compared to the driver's side. The partition/separator on that side will not stay locked/click into place when I raise it up, before lowering the convertible top. It sits just above the latch. The right side is fine. I took the piece apart and the spring seems ok and the latch opens and closes, just not enough tension I guess to hold that side in. I tried to twist more tension into the spring, and even put some rubber bands inside the mechanism, but still won't click and stay down. The outside trim piece is labelled 84948jj50a, but I can't see a number for the latch/spring mechanism which easily screws onto that piece. Any ideas for a quick spring repair, or better yet, the full replacement part with the latch and spring. THANKS MUCH.

haleakalag

OK, I just discovered a second problem. The 2 screws that hold the tab/hook that goes into the latch are stripped and that piece is loose. Probably contributing to the problem. I'll add a second thread about threads.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”