Convert to Krom

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Native2PS
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I think that the OEM grill on the Krom looks too much like a Ford Edge, plus it is $500! I just bought the mesh for the bottom 2 sections, and the top section for about $120 delivered. The bumper is at the body shop, should be ready next week, will post pics when I get it back home.

Native2PS

Ok, its finally done! the mesh grill on the top didnt work out, so I had to break down and spend $500 on the OEM grill, but overall, I like the way it turned out. I had to retrofit the foglights on because they are not the same even though the local dealer said that they were. I also installed led fog lights as you see in one of the pics. Overall, it cost much more than I wanted to spend, but I like the looks of the krom front much better than the regular front, so it was worth it!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

That is TIGHT! Job well done. Moreover, the roof-rails complement the front-end in my opinion. Personally, I hope you don't copy the exhaust. I always thought the gonad muffler look was not that hot. How I feel only.
Congratulations! :dblthumb: :boink:

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Wow! Very nice!

kaptik
Car: nissan rogue 2009

Native2PS wrote:I got the bumper from nissanpartswarehouse.com, part # F2023-1A41H, they charged me $173 for the bumper
Where did you find the prices($173)? I called to nissanpartswarehouse.com

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
F20231A41H $603.23 $0.00 $452.42 :ohno:

Can you(Native2PS) Help me ?
Thank you

philipa_240sx

When Native2PS posted his prices in March 2010, I checked and the bumper cover was indeed $173. It appears Nissan has since increased the price... by more than double.

Sorry, I have not been able to find any more 'deals'... looks like $450 is the best you'll find.

philipa_240sx

Native2PS,

Can you please post part numbers for the grille and any other Nissan parts you purchased for this conversion.

Native2PS

the grille is part number: F2310-1A41A and the emblem for the grille is part number: 62890-5U600, and the best price I could find was $477 for the grille, and $32 for the emblem, it seems like Nissan does not want anyone to convert to Krom!

philipa_240sx

So to summarize:

KROM edition conversion for 2008-2010 Nissan Rogue:

Front bumper Fascia # F2023-1A41H, $482
Grille # F2310-1A41A, $417
Nissan Grille Emblem # 62890-5U600, $30
Rear Bumper Fascia # 50221A41H, $565

Total: $1494

Source http://www.everythingnissan.com/

Adding this to the FAQ...

Leo2005

Native2PS wrote:Ok, its finally done! the mesh grill on the top didnt work out, so I had to break down and spend $500 on the OEM grill, but overall, I like the way it turned out.
Looks perfect but what was the problem with custom grill?

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Native2PS wrote:Ok, its finally done! the mesh grill on the top didnt work out, so I had to break down and spend $500 on the OEM grill, but overall, I like the way it turned out. I had to retrofit the foglights on because they are not the same even though the local dealer said that they were. I also installed led fog lights as you see in one of the pics. Overall, it cost much more than I wanted to spend, but I like the looks of the krom front much better than the regular front, so it was worth it!

you paid 500$ FOR A STOCK GRILL... oh gawd...

the ride look nice now, kinda like a suzuki XL-7

Native2PS

Leo2005 wrote:
Native2PS wrote:Ok, its finally done! the mesh grill on the top didnt work out, so I had to break down and spend $500 on the OEM grill, but overall, I like the way it turned out.
Looks perfect but what was the problem with custom grill?
because of the curve, the mesh was hard to bend, and it just didnt look right

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

philipa_240sx wrote:So to summarize:

KROM edition conversion for 2008-2010 Nissan Rogue:

Front bumper Fascia # F2023-1A41H, $482
Grille # F2310-1A41A, $417
Nissan Grille Emblem # 62890-5U600, $30
Rear Bumper Fascia # 50221A41H, $565

Total: $1494

Source http://www.everythingnissan.com/

Adding this to the FAQ...
Score thanks for that! Any idea what the part number is for the exhaust, too? I'm interest in doing a rear-only conversion on mine to get perfect symmetry (Since that'd be cheaper and easier than doing a custom dual-exhaust job).

-Ed

Tommy Joe BLUE
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed at what you guys are able to do with this car. That KROM front bumper looks really really good. So now you look like no other rogue out there. LEDs in the lights AND a KROM Front.....Nice! Between yours and Eddnogs I do not know which one would win. Why did you have to retrofit the fog lights? Please explain.

skholla
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue SL, 97 Acura EL

great job, nicely done!

what was involved in retrofitting the headlights? ...big job?

dolbydj
Car: nissan rogue

Do you have an extra set of oem fogs? If so, I would be interested. Thanks!

Native2PS

I had to retrofit the fogs because the Krom bumper uses a different set of fogs, so I cut the tabs off of the back, and put a screw through the top and bottom to hold them in, looks OEM because the screws are black, and the bumper is black, so you cant see them

philipa_240sx

Native2PS wrote:I had to retrofit the fogs because the Krom bumper uses a different set of fogs...
Native2PS, anything else you have noticed that does not fit the Krom bumper? What about the splash shield under the bumper?

Native2PS

yes, the splash guard under the bumper does not reach the Krom bumper, so I removed mine, other than that, everything else was a perfect fit

philipa_240sx

So again, here are the issues we know of regarding this swap:

1) The OEM foglights require modification to get them to fit. Optionally, you require the KROM specific fog lights.
2) The lower splash shield/undertray will not fit. The KROM specific part is required should you wish to have a functional splash shield.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Any luck on the part # for exhaust?

I sent an e-mail to one place, but have yet to receive a response from them. :sad:

-Ed

philipa_240sx

Eddnog, if you feel real adventurous you can try downloading the Nissan FAST parts software. Google search: "Nissan FAST 2010" It's a huge file, slow to D/L and no guarantee the KROM parts will be in there. But if you do manage to find it, let us know.

Native2PS

ok, I've decided to do the rear also, I have ordered the rear bumper, and the spoiler as well, I'm also going to tint my tail lights and middle break light a little bit, and de-badge. I bought a dual 3.5" stainless steel exhaust tip on e-bay as well, will post pics when its done

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

do you got a picture of the muffler you are going to use or a link to it
how much was the rear bumper...also is the bottom part included (the litte black part on the bottom of the bumper)
image from Autoblog.com
cant wait to see the end result :dblthumb:

philipa_240sx

harryg wrote:also is the bottom part included (the litte black part on the bottom of the bumper)
On the stock bumper... it's all one piece. The black 'trim' you are referring to is just painted another color.

There is still the muffler to deal with too, that's the black piece that you see hanging below the bumper.

Native2PS

I went to a local Nissan dealer, and inspected a Krom Rogue that they had on the lot, and it looks like the bumper will fit and attach just like the regular one, as far as the muffler, I may paint the bottom of mine black with some high heat paint to match the look of the Krom since the regualr Rogue muffler is silver. I will take it to a muffler shop, and have them re-route the exhaust to the middle of the bumper, and here is a picture of the tip that I bought on e-bay, $39. I dont know the price of the bumper yet because I had a body shop order them. I will post all pricing information when this project is complete.

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

philipa_240sx wrote:
harryg wrote:also is the bottom part included (the litte black part on the bottom of the bumper)
On the stock bumper... it's all one piece. The black 'trim' you are referring to is just painted another color.

There is still the muffler to deal with too, that's the black piece that you see hanging below the bumper.
I was referring to this kind of plastic piece like the one found on our rogues (where the muffler tip is...goes along the entire length of the bumper) Image
on the krom it is only two pieces that go at each side (you can see them in the pic near the tire)

Native2PS

ok, almost done, bumper is installed, just waiting for the tip to arrive this Wed, meanwhile, I need to modify a little as the non Krom has this metal part in the way, so I will probably just cut it or bend it up, I will post pics of the final product later this week

philipa_240sx

If there is any chance the paint is damaged during the process, sand with fine grit paper, clean with solvent and paint the area to prevent rust.

Good idea on the pipe relocate. Saves buying a new muffler.

BTW, the '08's had painted black mufflers from the factory. Later models did without.

Native2PS

thanks for the tip! I was thinking about painting the muffler black with high heat paint if it shows under the bumper, but I'll have to wait until the tip is mounted and I raise the muffler back up, right now I removed the two black rubber things holding it up so that the stock tip doesnt burn the new bumper, good thing is that I dont have to do much driving between now and Wed

Return to “Rogue Forum”