Complete exhaust system for 2011 M37x

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
angusmacg
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x White/Stone interior

I'm finally getting to the point of having to replace various things on my M37x.

Any suggestions on best places to get the parts for a complete exhaust system?

So far I found a Bosal Exhaust Kit ($109) and a Stillen® - Stainless Steel Exhaust System with Split Rear Exit ($965)

Found a Catalytic Converter on eBay from YYZ converters for $200 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/CATALYTIC-CONV ... SwW6BZ-OCE)

Thoughts?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

The main reason I didn't replace my CATs with non OEM is that I couldn't confirm exactly what was inside the low priced units. I am 100% sure that the OEM price is severely over-priced because I bought them direct from Infiniti for $700 less than the dealer quoted. My concern was mainly the substrates used in the cheaper units and the possibility the cheaper units might still cause the 02 sensor to continuously report an error code just because of compatibility issues. As for the rest of the exhaust, after 10 years and over 100k miles, mine is still perfectly fine. However, I switched the stocks to axle-back Tanabe Medalion cuz I love the sound they make. Not sure if they will be direct fir for x models. I think it's just direct fit for standard and S models. They have a deeper throaty tone with my M35 - similar to an AMG S-class. But this video shows revving and driving and comes close.

angusmacg

The more I look into this I may just replace from the Cat back. I'm not sure the clamps that are currently there will last much longer.
I read another post about the Catalytic converters (plus Larz comments) and think I may leave the original OEM's ones on there until necessary.
Last edited by angusmacg on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angusmacg

Larz wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:33 am
The main reason I didn't replace my CATs with non OEM is that I couldn't confirm exactly what was inside the low priced units. I am 100% sure that the OEM price is severely over-priced because I bought them direct from Infiniti for $700 less than the dealer quoted. My concern was mainly the substrates used in the cheaper units and the possibility the cheaper units might still cause the 02 sensor to continuously report an error code just because of compatibility issues. As for the rest of the exhaust, after 10 years and over 100k miles, mine is still perfectly fine. However, I switched the stocks to axle-back Tanabe Medalion cuz I love the sound they make. Not sure if they will be direct fir for x models. I think it's just direct fit for standard and S models. They have a deeper throaty tone with my M35 - similar to an AMG S-class. But this video shows revving and driving and comes close.
Thanks for the tip!

EdBwoy

Craig, have you made any changes yet?
Looking back at your offer on your mufflers and this thread, I am now curious. Are you considering the replacement to address something like a failed inspection, or is it more of a desire for better sound?

angusmacg

Ed,

Sorry for the late reply. Got sidetracked with other issues and put the car issues aside.

There's a hole on the pipe leading to the drivers side muffler. I will need an inspection by the end of Feb so will need to get it done around then.

The rest of the exhaust looks like it will last a little while but figured since it would be up there I would replace only from the catalytic back with the Stillen kit I posted earlier.

If ur still interested in the mufflers let me know I most likely won't have anything done until I absolutely need to.

Craig

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”