clutch help please!!!

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
N2mesnob
Car: 95' SE Pathfinder

Ok so I have a 95 Pathfinder VG30E and I'm wanting to upgrade the clutch the problem is it seems my option are short. I'll try to keep this short but let me share my thoughts So i went to 4x4parts.com and they have a dual friction Centerforce clutch that will fit but for 555$. I've tried to find this clutch kit on Ebay and think I found a similar one for round 300$ but not many options. So i started thinking the 89 300ZX uses the same engine so I was wondering if it used the same clutch and if so maybe I can widen my search and options. So i went to the dealership down the street to see if the part numbers were the same but the gurl behind the counter said the clutch plate was the same number but the pressure plate was different numbers. Unfortunately this person did not fill me with confidence of her knowledge of the subject as we talked. So I started thinking of reason why the numbers would be different (ie. truck vs car, gearing, engine power, tranny, 4wd vs 2wd, etc.) but maybe the bolt pattern was the same and would still fit. So than I figured that the only way to find out is to see them side by side or ask everyone. I would like to install a ceramic plate and a pressure plate to more than handle it. Currently I'm still pushing stock power but I have plans to push more power later also i fear I will need to change it soon anyway so why not upgrade it while I'm there. I don't have a problem with Centerforce ( i kinda like them actually) but i don't like having limited option if at all possible. So any help I get is greatly appreciated.

N2mesnob
Car: 95' SE Pathfinder

Ok so it looks like the Centerforce clutch is my only option but now i need to find a lightweight flywheel. So does anyone know where i can get one ???

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”