Closest Black Spray Paint for Infiniti Obsidian Black KH3 Match

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
akuhn235
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q50S Fully Loaded

Good morning,
I ordered some front and rear aprons for my 2015 Infiniti Q50S but they come unpainted. The aprons are plastic ones ordered from eBay, and I suspect they are ABS. Have you guys had any luck with color matching off-the-shelf spray paints to our KH3 obsidian black? I plan on using a primer and clearcoat but the amount of choices can be paralyzing for a weekend warrior like myself. Is going with a color-match spray paint (like the one listed below) worth the extra cost? I'd love if some painters chimed in on recommendations. I appreciate your time and input!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XF ... UTF8&psc=1

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Duplicate post deleted.

Just a friendly note: Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum that is closest to your topic, and place it there only. If you should create a topic in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again. Thank you.

Dunno which is more important to you, actual color match or bottom line price. Unfortunately I cannot offer a suggestion on the best off-the-shelf spray color, but I have another option. Instead of what you found on Amazon, check out what's available from TouchUpDirect. https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-pain ... olor=41565

akuhn235
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q50S Fully Loaded

Rogue One I appreciate the response I will review what TouchUpDirect has to offer. My concern was the low amount of views in the q50/q60 threads. also, a lot of people of q50's aren't as DIY-orientated as I've seen from Nissan enthusiasts. Just my experience. Could you delete this post and I'll repost in the nissan section as the KH3 color match between nissan and infiniti is the same and I suspect more eyes to see the post in the Nissan section. Please delete this post!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Moved to Altima Forum.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”