Climate Control Question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

Ticmxman wrote:BrianV, I thought your responce was perfect. Nissan should give you a better reponce than "see your dealer" Lets see if someone from Nissan follows up with another reply.
Based on their first response, probably not, but it was entertaining to reply.

odessa70
Car: Nissan Rogue S AWD

So your expecting auto climate control on an SUV that is cheaper than a RAV4 Limited edition or a Honda CRV EX that costs about 5,000 dollars more than the Rogue SL models? That is important!

BrianV

odessa70 wrote:So your expecting auto climate control on an SUV that is cheaper than a RAV4 Limited edition or a Honda CRV EX that costs about 5,000 dollars more than the Rogue SL models? That is important!
Yes I absolutely expect it because they had a picture of the freaking auto climate control on their web site. Why wouldn't I expect it? I also saw on their TV commercial that it said EPA mileage estimate of 27mpg; why wouldn't I expect that?

Let me explain how I got turned onto the Rogue. I had heard of it but wasn't ever really in the market for a CUV until recently. So my g/f and I were watching Heroes a few months back and the pinball like game commercial turned on. I said, wow that looks cool and I love Nissans so let me check out the web site. Granted, my g/f and I have a checklist which is pretty easy to run through. Within 3 minutes I had checked all the boxes on my checklist by looking at the pictures, specs, the features/options list, etc.

Good looks - checkRelatively small - checkLeather - checkAWD - checkdecent gas mileage - checkheated seats - checksunroof - checkauto climate control - check

All of that was collected in a matter of a few minutes by looking at pics on their web site and other supporting text. I owned a 350Z so when I saw the HVAC controls on the Rogue I knew immediately it had climate control since they're identical to the 350zs which all have auto-CC.

Why shouldn't I expect climate control, it was PICTURED on nissanusa.com?????????????????????????? Please tell me how I'm wrong for expecting it and being disappointed to find out months later that it doesn't have it??????????????????????????

In addition, it's not fair to compare Nissan trims with Honda trims. In fact, it's not fair to compare base anything Honda/Acura with ANY other car. Honda/Acura basically doesn't believe in options on their highest trim. Generally the only option is NAV. The EX-L is essentially the equivalent of a nearly loaded SL and the prices are quite comparable. In fact, the CRV is about $1k cheaper than the equivalently packaged Rogue. The CR-V even has dual climate CC for what it's worth, and it's only $26,700 for a 4wd EX-L. A comparably equipped Rogue SL AWD tops $27,500. Regardless, poor comparison on your part as I can get a direct competitor with all of the features I want for nearly $1,000 less. Too bad it looks like crap and the AWD system is weak. The CR-V is the best selling SUV in America so it's only rational to expect comparable value and offerings from a company like Nissan who generally sets the bar real high when entering a new market.

On a final note, the Altima 2.5SL (starting at $24,xxx) comes with dual-zone auto climate control. The 350Z (starting at $26,xxx) comes with auto climate control. I don't think there's any Nissan trimmed with "SL" that doesn't have it (exception = Rogue).

So in summary, pictured on web site, and the Rogue's two competitors offer the feature in their highest trimmed models yet the Rogue doesn't. I just can't figure out why I'd expect it..........
Modified by BrianV at 12:36 AM 1/3/2008

ajayme44
Car: 2014 Graphite Shadow, 2014 Q50 Liquid Platimum

I do agree with Bryan, Honda tends to nickel and dime us to death with things like Fog Lights are extra, Bluetooth, Mirror with Compass and Home Link Garage door opener. Check out the prices on: http://www.handa-accessories.com/. I also do like having Auto climate on our Infiniti G's, but I can survive without it since the other features on the Rogue make up for that. But it's all a matter of choice. Probably the '09 Rogue's will rectify the current omissions. As far as Nav goes, we currently have it on our '06 G and our '07 G and I can say that now that the portable NAV systems have gotten so good and also very reasonable, I would not get another factory unit since I can move the portables from car to car and even take them on business trips to use in rental cars. Just me 2 cents worth.

Lightforce18
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Black on Black. SL AWD. Leather. Moonroof. Premium.

ajayme44 wrote:I do agree with Bryan, Honda tends to nickel and dime us to death with things like Fog Lights are extra, Bluetooth, Mirror with Compass and Home Link Garage door opener. Check out the prices on: http://www.handa-accessories.com/. I also do like having Auto climate on our Infiniti G's, but I can survive without it since the other features on the Rogue make up for that. But it's all a matter of choice. Probably the '09 Rogue's will rectify the current omissions. As far as Nav goes, we currently have it on our '06 G and our '07 G and I can say that now that the portable NAV systems have gotten so good and also very reasonable, I would not get another factory unit since I can move the portables from car to car and even take them on business trips to use in rental cars. Just me 2 cents worth.
I agree paying 2k for a navigation unit is crap when i paid 140 for my tom tom one. And I can switch it between all 3 of our cars. That was the only option the rogue didn't have that I kinda wanted. Till I got the tom tom.

Auto cc i had it in the G35, I never used it once lol.

BrianV

Agreed, within the last year the portable units have really gotten good. The only reason to get NAV nowadays is if they can bundle enough other features to make it worth the money. Examples, backup cameras, watch DVDs, hard drive music, etc. Even then, at $2k it's a steep option.

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

I cannot believe this tread has gone on this long, get over it the Rogue doesn'y have Climat control period. I think you have Champagne taste on a beer budget here. You will need to spend more if you want more it's as simple as that. I have had bolth systems it it is no big deal either way.

gazuccio

For Nisaan to add a true climate control they would have to add a third knob that has a temperature setting. Which would allow it to have be auto at any temp. Please see Altima Auto HVAC. Yes Nissan made an error and I was a little bumbed about this however it is something that you can and will get used too. Just like the lack of an auto passenger window. I had a 2.5 Altima SL loaded and I miss those features, just like I miss the auto lights of the Altima...Lights are manual in the Rogue - NOW THIS IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!! But if you want the Rogue you have to give in. I was a huge Rogue fan at the beginning and unfortunately there are things that have changed my mind...18.5 mph for one...no guts in this engine...high revs to get going...have to use the manual paddles to get anywhere quickly from a dead stop. The styling is gorgeous...but there are things that could have been a lot better. They are almost on the mark with this car and I am sure by 2009/10 it will be solid ride...maybe even a hybrd as well!!!! Hope you find what you are looking for...oh I have the FULLY loaded AWD SL....ALL options!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

gazuccio wrote:For Nisaan to add a true climate control they would have to add a third knob that has a temperature setting. Which would allow it to have be auto at any temp. Please see Altima Auto HVAC. Yes Nissan made an error and I was a little bumbed about this however it is something that you can and will get used too. Just like the lack of an auto passenger window. I had a 2.5 Altima SL loaded and I miss those features, just like I miss the auto lights of the Altima...Lights are manual in the Rogue - NOW THIS IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!! But if you want the Rogue you have to give in. I was a huge Rogue fan at the beginning and unfortunately there are things that have changed my mind...18.5 mph for one...no guts in this engine...high revs to get going...have to use the manual paddles to get anywhere quickly from a dead stop. The styling is gorgeous...but there are things that could have been a lot better. They are almost on the mark with this car and I am sure by 2009/10 it will be solid ride...maybe even a hybrd as well!!!! Hope you find what you are looking for...oh I have the FULLY loaded AWD SL....ALL options!
18.5 mph for one...no guts in this engine...high revs to get going...have to use the manual paddles to get anywhere quickly from a dead stop.

Huh? "18.5 mph for one...no guts in this engine...high revs to get going...have to use the manual paddles to get anywhere quickly from a dead stop." Do you mean 18.5 mpg? My lowest milage has been 23 mpg. I stongly disagree to say the Rogue engine has no guts and is sluggish, it is not the case for me. My Rogue is pretty darn peppy. Just guessing here but I wonder if the awd affects the rate of acceleration, mine is fwd. Also it seems from profesional reviews that the 2wd 0-60 times are around a half a second quicker in the fwd 8.8 vs 9.2 seconds if my memory is correct. "High revs to get going" This has been stated by some profesional reviewers and I always wonder if this is due to a driving style that does not change when driving a CVT equiped vehicle. I find that you do not have to depress the acelerator much in my Rogue to get a good rate of acceleration, I think some folks are not adapting to the CVT. Of course if you want to hear the motor and get 18 mpg drive it hard.

BrianV

computerguy wrote:I cannot believe this tread has gone on this long, get over it the Rogue doesn'y have Climat control period. I think you have Champagne taste on a beer budget here. You will need to spend more if you want more it's as simple as that. I have had bolth systems it it is no big deal either way.
I'm willing to spend the money. We're also considering the RX400h but it doesn't get good enough mpg to justify it, plus my mom has an RX330 and I just don't like many things about it.

The CRV and Rav have configurations that meet my "champagne" tastes and still are around the same price. My biggest point is that there are other, more champagne options on this car so it surprises me to learn that auto cc isn't available as an option.

BrianV

gazuccio wrote:For Nisaan to add a true climate control they would have to add a third knob that has a temperature setting. Which would allow it to have be auto at any temp. Please see Altima Auto HVAC. Yes Nissan made an error and I was a little bumbed about this however it is something that you can and will get used too. Just like the lack of an auto passenger window. I had a 2.5 Altima SL loaded and I miss those features, just like I miss the auto lights of the Altima...Lights are manual in the Rogue - NOW THIS IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!! But if you want the Rogue you have to give in. I was a huge Rogue fan at the beginning and unfortunately there are things that have changed my mind...18.5 mph for one...no guts in this engine...high revs to get going...have to use the manual paddles to get anywhere quickly from a dead stop. The styling is gorgeous...but there are things that could have been a lot better. They are almost on the mark with this car and I am sure by 2009/10 it will be solid ride...maybe even a hybrd as well!!!! Hope you find what you are looking for...oh I have the FULLY loaded AWD SL....ALL options!
There are three knobs on the Rogue now. Fan speed, fan control, and temperature. That's the only three required for auto cc (see 350z pic above).

charlesm1950

I'm in the market for a small SUV to replace my six year old SUV that gets 15mpg. I've researched and driven the RAV4, CRV, RDX and the Rogue. All have their high and low points, but I like the Rogue's handling and sporty styling. The RDX is my second choice, but I want better gas mileage and with regular gas.

I was disappointed in a few things on the Rogue, one of them the lack of a climate control system. But the feature in the competitition's climate controls I am most interested in has nothing to do with automatic fan speed or temperature control. It's the ability to have separate temperature controls for the passenger side and driver side! This is a real argument settler in my house. In blazing Texas summer heat, the person on the sunny side needs a lot more AC than the person on the other side.

This alone won't decide my buying decision, but I hope Nissan adds this for 2009, along with some more thoughtful way to mount a NUVI without dangling cables. It would be nice to have small power and audio jacks up on top of the dash at the back of the center speaker for GPS and MP3 player users. A simple USB cable adapter would fit most NUVIs and iPods.

BrianV

charlesm1950 wrote:I'm in the market for a small SUV to replace my six year old SUV that gets 15mpg. I've researched and driven the RAV4, CRV, RDX and the Rogue. All have their high and low points, but I like the Rogue's handling and sporty styling. The RDX is my second choice, but I want better gas mileage and with regular gas.

I was disappointed in a few things on the Rogue, one of them the lack of a climate control system. But the feature in the competitition's climate controls I am most interested in has nothing to do with automatic fan speed or temperature control. It's the ability to have separate temperature controls for the passenger side and driver side! This is a real argument settler in my house. In blazing Texas summer heat, the person on the sunny side needs a lot more AC than the person on the other side.

This alone won't decide my buying decision, but I hope Nissan adds this for 2009, along with some more thoughtful way to mount a NUVI without dangling cables. It would be nice to have small power and audio jacks up on top of the dash at the back of the center speaker for GPS and MP3 player users. A simple USB cable adapter would fit most NUVIs and iPods.
I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one complaining about this missing feature. I could definitely live with single zone but I respect your wish for dual. My g/f likes it really warm and I don't so we do occasionally fight over the MDX's single zone control, but I'd still take single zone and go out and buy a Rogue tonight.

Send an email to NissanUSA, and at the same time request that they change the image of the Rogue's climate control to reflect manual HVAC and not auto HVAC like they show now.

redroguegal
Car: Nissan Rogue

I just traded my MDX for the Rogue. I hated the Automatic CC. IT was always wrong. Dual climate control drove me nuts with my mom in the car. She cranked it up and it was freezing for me (since she is sitting right next to me). I like doing my own CC.

mikeslammer
Car: 2008 Rogue "S," Indigo Blue

Yeeeeeeah....

Uhm.

You know that F16s don't have climate control?

Quit complaining, jesus. Either you want it or not. Fact is, Nissan is trying to cut into a market with an attractive vehicle that's low priced, and make it affordable to 21 year old dudes like myself. Know what pisses me off? No auto headlight. But oh well, I'll get over it.

The climate system is fine, if you don't like it... tough. Stop bitching to all of us about it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”