CHATROOM: Engine Air Filter (K&N vs OEM vs Aftermarket)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ras_oscar wrote:First, an apology. Went and bought an air filter last night. the oily residue is actually on the intake side of the air stream, not the engine side. My fault, no excuses. Second, the Purolator filter was actually a bit too thick, so it didn't sit completely into the removable bracket. Took it back, verified I had read the book correctly. Went to 2 other parts stores, no love. Apparently this filter shape isn't made by very many after market sources. Is this as difficult filter to source? Am I stuck getting with an OEM filter? I have read the threads about the quick change shops breaking the filter housing, and plan on telling them to keem their hands off my filters.
Buy mine off ebay. Usually well under $10 which includes shipping. Your looking for Purolator A24675; Fram CA6900; Sure Filter SFA 4675
Nissan OEM 16546-30P00 fits Rogue, plus certain Sentras, Jukes, and 300ZX http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/ni ... 30p00.html

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

BTW, here's a thread on K&N vs. OEM filter. air-filters-t560661.html?hilit=air%20filter

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

ras_oscar wrote:First, an apology. Went and bought an air filter last night. the oily residue is actually on the intake side of the air stream, not the engine side. My fault, no excuses. Second, the Purolator filter was actually a bit too thick, so it didn't sit completely into the removable bracket. Took it back, verified I had read the book correctly. Went to 2 other parts stores, no love. Apparently this filter shape isn't made by very many after market sources. Is this as difficult filter to source? Am I stuck getting with an OEM filter? I have read the threads about the quick change shops breaking the filter housing, and plan on telling them to keem their hands off my filters.
iv used purolater and its a slightly tighter fit, but it worked fine. im going to merge this thread with what R1 posted

ras_oscar

ImStricken wrote:
iv used purolater and its a slightly tighter fit, but it worked fine. im going to merge this thread with what R1 posted

The filter i purchased and returned was Purolator A24675. My rogue fits the filter in a removable plastic bracket. The filter sits on top of the bracket and does not drop fully into the ears on the base of the frame. ( there's a gap between the ears and the filter element which is not present with the OEm part) That makes the assembly thicker an as a result the air box cover does not install correctly.

Thanks for the link to the other threeads on air filters. I didn't realize the oem filter was oil impregnated. Guess that's why it looks oily.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i wouldnt be surprised if someone did a switch-a-roo at the store. probably a wrong filter. does the filter have the model number printed on it?

ras_oscar

didn't look at the filter. :picard:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

ithinksgreen

Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 nissan rogue with 31k miles on it, two day ago i replaced the my OEM engine air filter with a K&N filter. since then I noticed the the rpm fluctuates to a great degree untill I put it into drive mode. is this normal with K&N or something else is happening?

Please share your experience if anybody else was in this situation.

Thanks

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

never happened to me. reinstall it and make sure its installed correctly.
please use the search function. we have a K&N thread already. post this there.
post6500220.html

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

test

ithinksgreen

ImStricken wrote:never happened to me. reinstall it and make sure its installed correctly.
please use the search function. we have a K&N thread already. post this there.
post6500220.html

I have reseated the air filter, I will post it if I see that behavior again tomorrow. Thanks

Bass4ever
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi all, I purchase my '14 Rogue recently and decided to check the air filter. It's filthy! Seems like the duct from the front grill leads almost to it which is explainable, however the car has 23,000km. I figured it might be time to change.

Is it worth while to swap to the K&N air filter? Found it online for 47$ US which makes for around 66$ CAD shipped plus the cleaning supplies.

Should I go for it, or just buy a regular filter? Trying to maximize gas mileage! Lol

Thank you!
Andrew

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

You will save money over time with the K&N. As far as MPG, you can search the internet to see what actual users of K&N filters are saying, rather than relying on what K&N says on their website.

Bass4ever
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

I was thinking that, but a standard filter costs about 15-20$ so I'd need to change it 4-5 times to equal the cost of the K&N.

I tried searching for people using the filter on the rogue but haven't been too lucky thus far which is the reason for my post.

Trying to save every penny!

Chowcman
Car: 2015 Rogue SV Family Tech PW

I changed mine @ 25k km and worth every penny. New OEM green filter is $35.
I dont notice any change in MPG.

I paid my KN for $55 @ Mopar.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Got mine for $44 on Amazon.com free shipping.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

guys we have a whole thread dedicated to K&N filters. please use the search function PRIOR to starting a new thread. thats part of the 'forum rules', on every forum.

-merging

Return to “Rogue Forum”