Caution! Airbag for Passenger Turning Off at Random

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shelleylynn9770
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2008

Hi, I am having the same problem. It won't detect me in or friends of mine in the passenger seat. I am 135lbs and 5' 8" My friends are about the same weight and height. There is also another complaint on the NHTSA site about this. I didn't see yours there. Mine is on there too. I am so frustrated! I won't ride in the passenger seat or take my car when we go out because of it.Have you had any resolve yet? I am currently preparing for arbitration through my state using the "Lemon Law".Please respond if you want to see what else we can do together about this. I am in Massachuestts.

shelleylynn9770

If you are talking about the Nissan Recall, it is the Crash Sensor. They have recalled the cars sent to colder states. The crash sensor becomes rusted in the cold weather and snow and such. The recall was NOT for it randomly going on and off. I am having the same problem with my 2008 Pathfinder.

shelleylynn9770

I started a complaint with the NHTSA. Go to their website and file. They are the government agency that can get Nissan off their a** to get this fixed.

philipa_240sx

The '05-09 Pathfinder, XTerra, Frontier crash sensor recall is a separate issue and does not affect the Rogue.

Nissan has a released a separate recall regarding the Occupancy Classification Sensor 'OCS' on certain 2008 model Nissan's including the Rogue:

zer...rogue

philipa_240sx

The OCS sensor (a properly working one) is particularly sensitive. If you do not sit squarely in the seat, it may turn the air bag off. I have witnessed this on a few occasions when my wife sits in the passenger seat. Supposedly, the air bag deactivates when someone weighing less than 70lbs sits in the seat.

The airbag system and seat belts are regulated by the US Gov't. They have some up with the standards and operating procedures... for better or worse we are stuck with them. It is up to the mfg however to come up with a 'system' to meet the regulations. Some appear to be better than others.

shelleylynn9770

I just won a Lemon Law case against Nissan for this same issue. I am 5' 8" and weigh 136lbs. The National Highway Transportation Safety Bureau regulations are that the airbag should be working for a woman with a minimum weight of 102 pounds. Check your state for the Lemon Law and see how you can proceed with this.Good Luck!

Return to “Rogue Forum”